Ariento

Bring Back CB Vampires

Just what the title says! And I don't mean CB eggs that were bitten, but vampires without a "Bitten by" link at all. I was really disappointed that they weren't brought back for Halloween (hell, the thought that I might actually get one was what made me come back when I heard CB Halloweens were being re-released). I see two ways to do this.

1. Have them be in the Halloween biome later this year. (Note: I recall reading that TJ had a reason they weren't last year, but I don't remember what that reason was. If someone can link me to it that would be much appreciated)
  2. Have them be a rare regular cave drop (Not sure how this would work with bite ratios, but it's worth a shot suggesting it)

Highlights of Discussion:

None yet

I really, really approve of this. Considering lots of things have been rereleased in holiday biomes recently, it'd be a very welcome addition in my eyes. I don't like that they weren't available last year because I feel like if old CBs are to be rereleased, you might as well rerelease all of them! The holiday biome imo would be the perfect place to do it, as a regular rare cave drop might make them too common. :) 

8 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Just what the title says! And I don't mean CB eggs that were bitten, but vampires without a "Bitten by" link at all. I was really disappointed that they weren't brought back for Halloween (hell, the thought that I might actually get one was what made me come back when I heard CB Halloweens were being re-released). I see two ways to do this.

1. Have them be in the Halloween biome later this year. (Note: I recall reading that TJ had a reason they weren't last year, but I don't remember what that reason was. If someone can link me to it that would be much appreciated)
  2. Have them be a rare regular cave drop (Not sure how this would work with bite ratios, but it's worth a shot suggesting it)

Highlights of Discussion:

None yet

I could be wrong, but it might be that they are not considered Halloween dragons per se, since they can be obtained year round.

20 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

I could be wrong, but it might be that they are not considered Halloween dragons per se, since they can be obtained year round.

That is true, but the original Vampires were released Halloween 2008 so I would love to have a chance to own a real CB Vampire

I am all for this! I missed Halloween and the re-release, so I actually didn't know they hadn't been re-released with the rest of the Halloweens. :( That actually surprises me because as Dalek Raptor said they were originally released as a Halloween dragon? :huh:

Anyway I'm all for bringing back CB Vampires this next Halloween. <^,..,^>

Personally, I don't see a genuine reason for them to return. Vampires bitten by original 2008 Vampires aren't all that valuable anymore. Any Vampire can bite and they are very rarely used in lineages due to the chance of failure, so it seems like a want, not a need to me. I've never been bothered by the fact that all of my Vampires have bite "lineages." They're also not official Halloween dragons anymore.

However, I'm not against them returning. I'm mostly neutral :)

Not against it, but don't really see much of a need for it. I really don't see a ton of people expressing value regarding original CB Vamps, or trading an arm and a leg for an egg bitten by an original. If they were to make a return it probably wouldn't (and shouldn't?) be in the Halloween biome... TJ did say that the reason they weren't included in the Halloween biome is because they aren't considered Halloween dragons, since they are available year-round. The original CB release was a Halloween release, yes, but they aren't actually Halloween dragons anymore. 

I think having them be new rares would be awesome, they would get annoying in the Halloween biome but having them be rares that drop in all biomes would be kinda fun (especially considering that we desperately need more rares in the biomes), they wouldn't become mundane due to being a rare find but would not be this weird Holiday-But-Not thing that they currently are.

Would making them a cave-available rare affect bite rates akin to rare breeding? Aren't the odds for successfully biting an egg, and it not bouncing to the AP, already pretty low?

I don't see the point of this, but I've already got a boatload of vampires so I'm bias there!

6 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Would making them a cave-available rare affect bite rates akin to rare breeding? Aren't the odds for successfully biting an egg, and it not bouncing to the AP, already pretty low?

I don't see the point of this, but I've already got a boatload of vampires so I'm bias there!

I don't see why vampires can't be their own thing as far as rares/ratios/ect go. Bite doesn't seem to rely on ratios but on basic and uniform chance so biome ratios could be their own thing entirely separate from bitten eggs.

I don't think we have much chance of hoping for them to be released as regular rares. They were already nulled from the Halloween biome for being "too available all year round" so having them available all year round as CB seems... Kinda redundant? But I'm all for them being released again as Halloweens.

Yeah I'm with Grey. They are available all year round. You can get a "2G" (CB egg bitten by an original CB vamp) throughout the year. But it would be really nice to have some more "original CB" Vampires. :) And I have seen people (At least before EATW went down) asking specifically for CB eggs bitten by original CB Vampires, so it is still desired. Maybe not by everyone and not worth an arm and a leg but certainly there is people out there that would be thrilled for a re-release (like me lol) ^_^

13 hours ago, Ariento said:

Have them be in the Halloween biome later this year. (Note: I recall reading that TJ had a reason they weren't last year, but I don't remember what that reason was. If someone can link me to it that would be much appreciated).

Have them be a rare regular cave drop (Not sure how this would work with bite ratios, but it's worth a shot suggesting it)

Either of these seem like a sensible way of re releasing them to me.

HOWEVER I feel TJ probably had reasons for NOT having done so this last Halloween. THAT said, I must have missed his reason for not including them?

I also do NOT recall seeing what it was.

I wouldn't MIND a way of getting a CB Vampire , tho... so I tentatively support the idea of re release, providing there isn't a good reason for not.

Eh. I don't see vampires having the same kind of aesthetic need for CBs that breedable dragons have?

But, y'know, I wouldn't be upset if they were to appear in the cave, so long as it doesn't lower bit chance.

What if they didn’t drop in the Halloween biome, but when the Halloween biome was around, they’d drop as slightly uncommon in the normal biomes? 

I wouldn't mind this, but I don't really see the need for it, either. Vampires are impossible to breed, so their lineage doesn't matter in the first place.

I mean, their lineage may not matter for some people, but for others it really does. My sister wants to have her whole collection be CB so she can do lineage stuff on her own, so I know having purely CB, non-bitten Vampires would make her so happy. And ADP’s suggestion of having them drop in normal biomes when the Halloween biome is around is a really nice compromise if TJ doesnt want them in the Halloween biome, I really like that suggestion :)

On 22/02/2018 at 11:12 AM, The Dragoness said:

Personally, I don't see a genuine reason for them to return. Vampires bitten by original 2008 Vampires aren't all that valuable anymore. Any Vampire can bite and they are very rarely used in lineages due to the chance of failure, so it seems like a want, not a need to me. I've never been bothered by the fact that all of my Vampires have bite "lineages." They're also not official Halloween dragons anymore.

However, I'm not against them returning. I'm mostly neutral :)

This pretty much summed up my thoughts. I don't really see a need for it and I wouldn't be all that interested in collecting them. I'd be a bit disappointed if they dropped at Halloween or in regular biomes, though, because I wouldn't really want to collect them and it would make it slightly harder to get the ones I do want at Halloween. That's just me, though.

I don't see how a Vampire being unbitten will make it easier to create lineages? They can't breed. They can only be bred before they are bitten, and all CB dragons will appear the same in the lineage tile. Anyone can bite CB dragons now.

I also do not want to see them drop around Halloween. As TJ has said, they're not Halloween dragons. They can be produced all year. Having them drop in other biomes during Halloween kind of seems like a loophole to me that would just further enforce the "Halloween dragons" idea, but in a subtle way. It would also make hunting regular breeds more difficult for people who don't need or want any CB Halloweens. If they do need to make a comeback, I would rather seem them drop in a proper release like the Arias and Frills. Or (sorry for dragging other suggestions into this) as an option in the store.

As I said before, I'm iffy on this suggestion. It doesn't seem necessary for any reason other than having a "complete" scroll, which is highly subjective. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I won't usually agree to a change unless most players are helped, not just a select few. I won't storm to TJ if the CB Vampires return, but I'm not cheering it on either.

Edited by The Dragoness

It wouldn't bother me if they made a return, but I don't really see the same need that there was for CB holiday dragons to return. You can't really do anything with a real CB Vampire that you can't do with any other. It's not like you need them for building lineages. I just don't understand how it matters. I have one of the originals and he is just like all my others. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't see how a Vampire being unbitten will make it easier to create lineages? They can't breed. They can only be bred before they are bitten, and all CB dragons will appear the same in the lineage tile. Anyone can bite CB dragons now.

I also do not want to see them drop around Halloween. As TJ has said, they're not Halloween dragons. They can be produced all year. Having them drop in other biomes during Halloween kind of seems like a loophole to me that would just further enforce the "Halloween dragons" idea, but in a subtle way. It would also make hunting regular breeds more difficult for people who don't need or want any CB Halloweens. If they do need to make a comeback, I would rather seem them drop in a proper release like the Arias and Frills. Or (sorry for dragging other suggestions into this) as an option in the store.

As I said before, I'm iffy on this suggestion. It doesn't seem necessary for any reason other than having a "complete" scroll, which is highly subjective. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I won't usually agree to a change unless most players are helped, not just a select few. I won't storm to TJ if the CB Vampires return, but I'm not cheering it on either.

Nods I can definitely see this point of view, I guess.

I guess I always SORT of thought of them as Halloween dragons cus they were released then (THOUGH, admittedly, different than other Hallows on account of they can bite at any time. THEREFOR I can SORT of see how they are sort of NOT, also.) I like collecting the vampires as they are now.  I would FOR SURE grab a 'CB unbitten' or two if they were re released. ( Part of me finds the idea of pureblooded wild vampires stalking into my scroll from the biomes and upsetting the social order of the ones that are already living there somewhat... amusing. That is mainly head canon on my vampires, tho.... not any REAL lineage NEED for them) Bottom line? I certainly wouldn't complain if this were implemented, and I won't complain too much of it isn't. I am mostly pretty neutral either way, leaning tentatively towards support, and while I think it would be FUN, I also don't NEED it to appreciate the breed. What this suggestion would likely do is give me one FURTHER excuse to hoard the creatures, which I do already.

Edited by JavaTigress

While people are right that this wouldn’t affect things the same way, say, CB holidays returning did, I still think it would have a nice impact for some. As is the nature for simpler adoptables games that rely largely on emotional attachment to retain interest, some people get invested in their dragons as characters, either by writing descriptions or using them in biting certain lines or RPs or whatever else. In cases like that it can kind of damper the mood to have your vampire’s sire be named “vampires suck lol.” Yes, obviously there are more sophisticated names around, but just like having CBs is nicer than having to rely on lineages, the more independence the better. It doesn’t have the same depth of impact, true, but it has some.

And personally I just think it’d be cool to have wild vampires running around again. :P 

I personally would love at least one vampire that didn't have that 'bitten by' link. I used to own a fake CB on my original scroll, I still don't know what happened there but I think it was something to do with her sire's scroll being burned? Perhaps. Anyway, I was so proud of that dragon and bit as many eggs as I could with her. Having a true CB would be just fantastic for me, even if I guess a lot of people don't care.

54 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

While people are right that this wouldn’t affect things the same way, say, CB holidays returning did, I still think it would have a nice impact for some. As is the nature for simpler adoptables games that rely largely on emotional attachment to retain interest, some people get invested in their dragons as characters, either by writing descriptions or using them in biting certain lines or RPs or whatever else. In cases like that it can kind of damper the mood to have your vampire’s sire be named “vampires suck lol.” Yes, obviously there are more sophisticated names around, but just like having CBs is nicer than having to rely on lineages, the more independence the better. It doesn’t have the same depth of impact, true, but it has some.

And personally I just think it’d be cool to have wild vampires running around again. :P 

7 minutes ago, silver_tiger said:

I personally would love at least one vampire that didn't have that 'bitten by' link. I used to own a fake CB on my original scroll, I still don't know what happened there but I think it was something to do with her sire's scroll being burned? Perhaps. Anyway, I was so proud of that dragon and bit as many eggs as I could with her. Having a true CB would be just fantastic for me, even if I guess a lot of people don't care.

All of this! :nyan: