Ariento

Bring Back CB Vampires

16 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Overall, I really support a rerelease. I want it so bad. But I’m going to stick with my original desires for them to be just available in the holiday biome. It’s simple and it makes sense, and the CBs would still be limited! While having them year-round as a rare drop has been suggested, I feel that even that might make them too “available”, which is why they’ve been left out of CB rereleases in the past. The holiday biome drop might alleviate that, and means there’s still something to look forward to regarding Vamps every Halloween :D

I agree with what you were saying about complicated mechanics not being the best way forward for a rerelease of CB vampires. That being said, I'm not too fond of the idea of them dropping in the Halloween biome. Given how much pressure and competitiveness already exists around that particular holiday, I'd be worried that many people would be frustrated over accidentally picking up vampires in the holiday biome when they're searching for other things. Personally, I'm not fussed about grabbing 'true' CB vampires since I can bite regular CBs and I'd see that as being good enough. For others in the same boat, they might get frustrated over the vampires getting in the way of them grabbing the holiday dragons that are only available at that one time of year.

If CB vampires are rereleased, I'd like to see it done in a way that's likely to be received positively by the majority, without the opportunity for some people to view the process negatively. That would be a real shame to those who are excited about a potential rerelease. That's why I much prefer the idea of them having a small chance of dropping in the cave on the 31st of the month (or the last day of the month when there is no 31st). I think that creates more excitement and wouldn't have the potential for negative reactions. 

What's your feeling about a chance of them dropping on the 31st of the month, @RealWilliamShakespeare? Do you think that would achieve what you're looking for?

What if during the Halloween breeding period, Vampires just mixed into the normal biomes as uncommon drops? They'd be disabled on actual Halloween like everything else.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:31 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Not against it, but don't really see much of a need for it. I really don't see a ton of people expressing value regarding original CB Vamps, or trading an arm and a leg for an egg bitten by an original. If they were to make a return it probably wouldn't (and shouldn't?) be in the Halloween biome... TJ did say that the reason they weren't included in the Halloween biome is because they aren't considered Halloween dragons, since they are available year-round. The original CB release was a Halloween release, yes, but they aren't actually Halloween dragons anymore. 

I actually did trade an arm and a leg just for two second gen bitten vampires. I think a cb gold is an arm and a leg? and I do value them higher than most dragons spare for the rarest like coppers, silvers, and golds. I know I want a cb and I'm sure there are plenty who collect cb dragons like me who do too.

@TerraAnne if you ask outside of holiday times when vamp fail scroll lock is a bad thing to have, most old owners will try for you cheap/free. I just traded a 2g bitten vamp for a CB Gold (not to you I think) and was absolutely astounded—if the person had just asked on the forums I would’ve tried for free! 

Not saying I don’t want to see CB Vamps return, but I don’t think original 2gs are as coveted as people think. 

I'd fully support this. As someone who collects vampires, having a true CB sire to start my own "lineage" would be great. I agree with TerraAnne as well, since I personally value 2g vampires higher than metallics because they are one of my favorite breeds - so I'm sure there would be some interest from people who share the sentiment.

About implementation: in my opinion having them drop in regular biomes while the Halloween event is going would probably be the best solution.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:56 AM, StormWizard212 said:

I agree with what you were saying about complicated mechanics not being the best way forward for a rerelease of CB vampires. That being said, I'm not too fond of the idea of them dropping in the Halloween biome. Given how much pressure and competitiveness already exists around that particular holiday, I'd be worried that many people would be frustrated over accidentally picking up vampires in the holiday biome when they're searching for other things. Personally, I'm not fussed about grabbing 'true' CB vampires since I can bite regular CBs and I'd see that as being good enough. For others in the same boat, they might get frustrated over the vampires getting in the way of them grabbing the holiday dragons that are only available at that one time of year.

If CB vampires are rereleased, I'd like to see it done in a way that's likely to be received positively by the majority, without the opportunity for some people to view the process negatively. That would be a real shame to those who are excited about a potential rerelease. That's why I much prefer the idea of them having a small chance of dropping in the cave on the 31st of the month (or the last day of the month when there is no 31st). I think that creates more excitement and wouldn't have the potential for negative reactions. 

What's your feeling about a chance of them dropping on the 31st of the month, @RealWilliamShakespeare? Do you think that would achieve what you're looking for?

Can't believe I never responded to this. Sorry!

Having them drop on the 31st sounds great to me. I still love me some vamps, and because they're available year-round I can see them causing a problem in the biome clogging things up. This morning I already saw a backlog of Shadow Walkers in the biome, and atm it seems to be Pumpkins. I imagine Vampires really would get in the way for a lot of users, so having them limited to a certain day like the 31st sounds good imo. We could still get CB ones (which I would love :wub:) but they wouldn't cause a huge hassle!

29 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Can't believe I never responded to this. Sorry!

Having them drop on the 31st sounds great to me. I still love me some vamps, and because they're available year-round I can see them causing a problem in the biome clogging things up. This morning I already saw a backlog of Shadow Walkers in the biome, and atm it seems to be Pumpkins. I imagine Vampires really would get in the way for a lot of users, so having them limited to a certain day like the 31st sounds good imo. We could still get CB ones (which I would love :wub:) but they wouldn't cause a huge hassle!

Agreed, I would LOVE this way of handlign it.AFTER all, we are more likely to get zombies that day... and zombies appear on our scrolls, too. Vamps in the cave would give it a spooky flavor!

I'd love to get CB Vampires, they're one of my favourite breeds. Any way sounds good to me, dropping in Halloween biome, dropping in normal biome while the Halloween event is going on, or dropping on the 31st all year round in the biomes.

They really should drop alongside all other halloween dragons in the holiday biome. I see no reason for them being singled out of the 'bring back the CBs' business just because they can breed year around. Breeding and CB is not the same - a thing you learn latest if you try to trade your messy lined silver for a CB gold.

I would love a CB Vampire, if only because I really, really hate biting my eggs and hoping they don't die. I don't like having dead eggs on my scroll from vampire attempts. It makes me feel bad, if anything!

24 minutes ago, IsmaielDeath said:

They really should drop alongside all other halloween dragons in the holiday biome. I see no reason for them being singled out of the 'bring back the CBs' business just because they can breed year around. Breeding and CB is not the same - a thing you learn latest if you try to trade your messy lined silver for a CB gold.

But they can't 'breed' year around, they can be *made* year-around, and that includes CBs. That's the difference. The only difference between original cave-caught vamps and CB-turned vamps is the little 'bitten by' note. They don't have lineages. They are not messy. CBs are CBs regardless of if they were caught as vamps or turned into vamps. 

I've become rather indifferent on this issue in general, but I do not think they should drop in the holiday biome. They are not considered 'true' Halloween dragons, and they are different enough from 'true' Halloween dragons that they don't fit with the limited-time exclusive Halloween biome. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

But they can't 'breed' year around, they can be *made* year-around, and that includes CBs. That's the difference. The only difference between original cave-caught vamps and CB-turned vamps is the little 'bitten by' note. They don't have lineages. They are not messy. CBs are CBs regardless of if they were caught as vamps or turned into vamps. 

I've become rather indifferent on this issue in general, but I do not think they should drop in the holiday biome. They are not considered 'true' Halloween dragons, and they are different enough from 'true' Halloween dragons that they don't fit with the limited-time exclusive Halloween biome. 

Call it making or breeding or procreating - what they do results in a lineage. You cannot make a CB vampire. You can make a linaged vampire out of a CB. Again - big difference. A non caveborn vampire has a name attached to them just like any other breed dragon. If that name is not to my liking or the line too long and the lineages too messy I won't have much fun with it in just the same way certain people do not enjoy purebreeds or inbreeds or similar lineage problems.

And in any case who would be 'hurt' by them dropping? No one. Those who do not want them will not take them - just like with the rest of the holiday dragons dropping there. Whom will this benefit? All the people wanting to make their own vampire lineage and those that just want to finish their CB collection with a CB vamp after missing them back when they originally dropped.

So if it hurts no one and benefits at least some... why not implement it?

And if you truly considder them non holiday dragons and this is your only argumnet from having them not drop in the holliday section.. then we can make them just as well available year round in the normal cave. Other than you have something against this too? Because they are suddenly too halloween-y?,

I am indifferent to this idea probably because I have a fake caveborn one. If they do drop I like this idea the best. 

17 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

What if during the Halloween breeding period, Vampires just mixed into the normal biomes as uncommon drops? They'd be disabled on actual Halloween like everything else.

I don't collect Vampires, so I'm mostly neutral on this. I don't view them as a true Halloween breed. 

However, I don't think having a small quantity drop on the 31st each month is the best idea. Just look at how hard it is to catch CB Golds...and those drop daily. It would be pretty difficult to actually catch a CB Vampire with normal breeds filtering in and potentially blocking the cave. Not to mention the large increase in site traffic and potental lag. Anyone who is not interested in catching CB Vamps wouldn't exactly have an easy time with hunting either, as the cave would be so busy. 

So, even though I don't consider Vampires a Halloween breed, I think they should be released in a very large number around Halloween. I don't care whether they end up in the regular biomes or holiday biome. Only releasing a few wouldn't help the lineage issue at all.

13 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I don't collect Vampires, so I'm mostly neutral on this. I don't view them as a true Halloween breed. 

However, I don't think having a small quantity drop on the 31st each month is the best idea. Just look at how hard it is to catch CB Golds...and those drop daily. It would be pretty difficult to actually catch a CB Vampire with normal breeds filtering in and potentially blocking the cave. Not to mention the large increase in site traffic and potental lag. Anyone who is not interested in catching CB Vamps wouldn't exactly have an easy time with hunting either, as the cave would be so busy. 

So, even though I don't consider Vampires a Halloween breed, I think they should be released in a very large number around Halloween. I don't care whether they end up in the regular biomes or holiday biome. Only releasing a few wouldn't help the lineage issue at all.

This is a point AS... I am not SURE what their baseline rarity is supposed to be. ( AND I do know that MINE can be a lot of FAIL dragons, sometimes, when it comes to biting. :P )
So clearly some ratio applies to them, also!

56 minutes ago, IsmaielDeath said:

Call it making or breeding or procreating - what they do results in a lineage. You cannot make a CB vampire. You can make a linaged vampire out of a CB. Again - big difference. A non caveborn vampire has a name attached to them just like any other breed dragon. If that name is not to my liking or the line too long and the lineages too messy I won't have much fun with it in just the same way certain people do not enjoy purebreeds or inbreeds or similar lineage problems.

And in any case who would be 'hurt' by them dropping? No one. Those who do not want them will not take them - just like with the rest of the holiday dragons dropping there. Whom will this benefit? All the people wanting to make their own vampire lineage and those that just want to finish their CB collection with a CB vamp after missing them back when they originally dropped.

So if it hurts no one and benefits at least some... why not implement it?

And if you truly considder them non holiday dragons and this is your only argumnet from having them not drop in the holliday section.. then we can make them just as well available year round in the normal cave. Other than you have something against this too? Because they are suddenly too halloween-y?,

As I said, I am indifferent to them coming back in general. I don't care about them either way, I certainly don't mind other people having them. But having them drop in the Halloween biome is not the way to do it. Personally I'd just as well see them become regular everyday biome drops. I think that'd be better then a very limited availability for one week a year, and better then small amounts every 31st which would disadvantage anyone who couldn't refresh all day on that particular day. 

Also, terminology does matter. CB Vampires do *not* have 'lineages' as the term is normally understood in this game. There is no 'lineage' link on their page. They do not have a father and mother. They have 'bitten by' (which is not a link), with a link to the dragon that bit them. That's not a lineage. I'm sorry if you don't like bitten vampires, but that doesn't mean they have lineages as the term is generally understood. They have 'bitten' information, that's all. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

As I said, I am indifferent to them coming back in general. I don't care about them either way, I certainly don't mind other people having them. But having them drop in the Halloween biome is not the way to do it. Personally I'd just as well see them become regular everyday biome drops. I think that'd be better then a very limited availability for one week a year, and better then small amounts every 31st which would disadvantage anyone who couldn't refresh all day on that particular day. 

Also, terminology does matter. CB Vampires do *not* have 'lineages' as the term is normally understood in this game. There is no 'lineage' link on their page. They do not have a father and mother. They have 'bitten by' (which is not a link), with a link to the dragon that bit them. That's not a lineage. I'm sorry if you don't like bitten vampires, but that doesn't mean they have lineages as the term is generally understood. They have 'bitten' information, that's all. 

But that is exactly what they have? A bitten by with link and name to the father/mother vamp: https://dragcave.net/view/t7Nh

This dragon has 3 parents. Two unnamed dragons and the dragon Cisthex. A birthing mother, a birthing father and a vampire father. I see no reason to make a difference here when the only thing 'missing' is the fancy 'quicklink' with the chart of generations. Otherwise it is as much a lineage as the other two parent links on any dragons page.

I would love them to be available in the Halloween biome, the 'all-year-around' ones are just bitten, no CBs. I have one CB girl and would love to get her a CB male mate finally.

I must admit, I don't really care one way or another. If someone wants something bitten by a vampire without a lineage (that's from after the original release, but from before vampire lineages being recorded), drop me a PM between events. :) I'll gladly give it a go with one of my two almost-CBs. 

I'm all about CBs usually but in this case I'm surprisingly indifferent about them returning or not. Kinda strange, really, because even for NDs I wouldn't want a lineaged one but Vampires are more like Papers / Cheeses / Chickens for me - i. e. alright to have them in small amounts but not really valuable in a sense that you can do much with them. Even if I had original CB ones I probably wouldn't bite many eggs because the chances are just bad...

I would care about them returning if you could breed them (! still hoping that will happen one day) 😕

I don’t really want them in the HALLOWEEN biome. Let’s face it—these guys aren’t the same as other Halloweens. They’re available year round in some capacity while no other Halloween is. Because of that, aside from die hard collectors, people are probably going to find them more of an annoyance popping up amidst the more desirable Halloweens than anything. I’ve been too busy with lineaged things this year to go delving for CBs, but based on trades, posts and requests I’ve seen, finding the CBs you specifically want is still driving some people batty. Ergo I don’t think mixing in Vamps is the best way to go about it. They’re both Halloweens and not; as such, I think making them drops mixed in with the normal biomes during Halloween season is a perfect nod to their status.

I have both lineaged and unlineaged ones.  there is no difference and only once have I had someone request an egg form the unlineaged one.  And that person was a newbie who thought he could use it to breed a lineage project. 

37 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I don’t really want them in the HALLOWEEN biome. Let’s face it—these guys aren’t the same as other Halloweens. They’re available year round in some capacity while no other Halloween is. Because of that, aside from die hard collectors, people are probably going to find them more of an annoyance popping up amidst the more desirable Halloweens than anything. I’ve been too busy with lineaged things this year to go delving for CBs, but based on trades, posts and requests I’ve seen, finding the CBs you specifically want is still driving some people batty. Ergo I don’t think mixing in Vamps is the best way to go about it. They’re both Halloweens and not; as such, I think making them drops mixed in with the normal biomes during Halloween season is a perfect nod to their status.

What about having them only on the 31st, as has been mentioned above? I have the exact same issue - a fear they might be annoying, but if they were only available in the Halloween biome one day out of the entire Halloween season, personally I don't think that's too overkill?

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing them spread throughout the normal biomes. It makes sense them being in the Halloween one bc they're a spooky breed, and the first Halloween species we ever got, but I wouldn't oppose them being in the regular biomes either.

16 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

What about having them only on the 31st, as has been mentioned above? I have the exact same issue - a fear they might be annoying, but if they were only available in the Halloween biome one day out of the entire Halloween season, personally I don't think that's too overkill?

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing them spread throughout the normal biomes. It makes sense them being in the Halloween one bc they're a spooky breed, and the first Halloween species we ever got, but I wouldn't oppose them being in the regular biomes either.

All I can see in that scenario is someone making a desperate last-minute grab for a Halloween before midnight hits and misclicking a Vampire. Not fond of the idea.

I have a few eggs that'll be hatching late on Halloween, with just an hour or two left before midnight to grab things, and I do not want to have any chance of the above happening. ;_________;

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy