Ariento

Bring Back CB Vampires

If we are going to change his mind about anything. I'd rather go after the store...

I imagine that rereleasing a dragon is easier than setting up a whole new system, given that he's done the first thing multiple times already. Like I said, it doesn't make sense having vampires be the only thing never found in-cave when all other holidays and regular dragons can be, and prizes and summons can be generated without any lineages. A vampire's "bitten by" is definitely analogous to a regular dragon's lineage since it is how they are "produced", regardless that the original egg can be CB or not. I can't imagine the outrage would be worse than the rerelease of CB other-holidays, anyway.

Maybe if we repeat our points often enough TJ will see and consider or refute them. Maybe.

On 5.3.2018 at 5:24 AM, Bison said:

Its funny what causes, desires, and playstyles get considered useless and unnecessary in the forum... I have yet to see a legitimate reason to not re-release CB Vampires. As many have already brought up Vampires can't breed so new CBs won't have any negative impact on anything. All their re-release would do is make people who want them happy. That's all. Vampires aren't rare, they can't breed, their BSA isn't particularly useful. Since every other Holiday dragon has had CBs re-released I think Vampires should get one too.

Very true. There's absolutely no reason to not re-release CB vamps. the thing is that I, personally, don't really see a reason to actually do it - but to each their own.

However, should vamps get re-released, I think they should either be re-released along with CB Halloweens or maybe only turn up in the cave on the 31st of a month, but then in higher numbers (maybe)? Would be a nice nod towards their rather unique nature - with vampires being an original Halloween release, but available year-round by now.

I don't personally see a need for it either, but if it were to happen then I like the idea of them dropping in the cave on the 31st of the month. Since they are a little different to the other Halloween dragons (in the sense that you can obtain them all year round) I wouldn't want them dropping at Halloween. It would make it more difficult to get the other dragons and I think it would be best to contain the holiday biome to just the ones you can only get during the holiday. But I'd definitely be open to the idea of the 31st of the month, if people are interested in the CB vamps. :)

On 3/8/2018 at 4:59 AM, StormWizard212 said:

I don't personally see a need for it either, but if it were to happen then I like the idea of them dropping in the cave on the 31st of the month. Since they are a little different to the other Halloween dragons (in the sense that you can obtain them all year round) I wouldn't want them dropping at Halloween. It would make it more difficult to get the other dragons and I think it would be best to contain the holiday biome to just the ones you can only get during the holiday. But I'd definitely be open to the idea of the 31st of the month, if people are interested in the CB vamps. :)

Sort of like how zombies are visible on the thirty first...AND I believe that day is also best for making zombies?

(With Halloween being best of all)

I could support that.

My brain was even pondering having better odds for BITES the 31st,also.

That last maybe deserves separate consideration,tho...my vampires fail terribly at times.

Edited by JavaTigress

I think TJ eventually made up ratios for vampires. Before, we had a rate of 2 successful bites (egg staying) : 1 repulse : 1 kill. And, all of a sudden, things changed - and success for biting fluctuates like breeds with ratios are wont to do. (Sorry, I don't remember when that thing happened. What I do know, though, was that it was completely unannounced.)

@JavaTigress yes, exactly. Then it would fit in well with the zombies and make the 31st a little bit more spooky and interesting. :P Though perhaps instead of strictly being the '31st' of the month, it would need to be the 'last day of the month'. Otherwise it limits things a little too much. I'm not sure if that's the case with zombies or not, or whether chances are only increased in months that have a 31st. 

Regarding bites, I don't really do it much anymore, but when I have bitten eggs I've had pretty good luck with them. I think it's important for there to be some risk involved, otherwise it makes the breed a little bit less desirable. That being said, if it was just a last day of the month thing where everything in the cave gets a little extra spooky, that could be cool. ^_^ 

4 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

@JavaTigress yes, exactly. Then it would fit in well with the zombies and make the 31st a little bit more spooky and interesting. :P Though perhaps instead of strictly being the '31st' of the month, it would need to be the 'last day of the month'. Otherwise it limits things a little too much. I'm not sure if that's the case with zombies or not, or whether chances are only increased in months that have a 31st. 

Regarding bites, I don't really do it much anymore, but when I have bitten eggs I've had pretty good luck with them. I think it's important for there to be some risk involved, otherwise it makes the breed a little bit less desirable. That being said, if it was just a last day of the month thing where everything in the cave gets a little extra spooky, that could be cool. ^_^ 

Sort of a 'day of the undead' type thing...and you may be right regarding bites.

Though I for one might save bites for then anyway.

I could see CB vampires also being released similar to Leetle Trees. Occasional, but present, and still available as a CB. Even if it was just a rare night time drop.

Not a night time drop - that really isn't fair to those in other time zones.

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Not a night time drop - that really isn't fair to those in other time zones.

I couldn't see it making much sense to having them at all times. We already have time-based drops so it wouldn't be anything new.

Time-based drops are also miserable, and it's not like the adults're going to be taking the eggs with them when they go dormant.

Yeah no thanks to more time-based drops. They are a *huge* pain for so many users, especially those in radically different timezones. I already get mega-frustrated when I have to force myself to get up extra-early in order to hatch a Sunrise egg before the Sunrise window closes, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for people in very different timezones if a really-wanted dragon was only available at certain times. The only time-based dragons we currently have are relatively common, which means it's relatively easy to trade for one or find one in the AP if you can't be online when they are available. I would NOT want a rare dragon to have time-specific availability. No thanks. 

I've never seen any problems with time based drops myself, but I have an irregular sleep cycle so it probably says more about me.  Aside from that, if vampires were to drop year round, I think having a random chance for any egg on the biomes to become bitten would be interesting.  One minute it's a green dragon, the next minute there's a vampire.

6 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I've never seen any problems with time based drops myself, but I have an irregular sleep cycle so it probably says more about me.  Aside from that, if vampires were to drop year round, I think having a random chance for any egg on the biomes to become bitten would be interesting.  One minute it's a green dragon, the next minute there's a vampire.

Like, you pick up an egg in the biomes and then it randomly turns into a vamp? Uh no. No way. No no no. I can't even imagine how many people would be sooooo upset at that! You *finally* catch that breed that has been eluding you for weeks, and come back a few hours later and suddenly it's a vampire?? You put an egg up for trade, and suddenly it changes breeds? That would be horrible. Unless you mean something else and I'm misunderstanding.

Absolutely horrible. After years of trying, you finally manage to snatch a CB gold. Only to find out it turned into a vamp. XD Totally cool, really.

Unless, of course, it would only affect eggs that sit in a biome for more than 2 minutes and the egg description actually changes to that of a vampire before the egg gets picked up.

What they said. ABSOLUTELY no way.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Like, you pick up an egg in the biomes and then it randomly turns into a vamp? Uh no. No way. No no no. I can't even imagine how many people would be sooooo upset at that! You *finally* catch that breed that has been eluding you for weeks, and come back a few hours later and suddenly it's a vampire?? You put an egg up for trade, and suddenly it changes breeds? That would be horrible. Unless you mean something else and I'm misunderstanding.

No, more like they just appear only in between 5 min drops.  It be interesting if programmable.

If you would click on an egg description and get a vamp instead - no.

5 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

No, more like they just appear only in between 5 min drops.  It be interesting if programmable.

The only way this wouldn't case major upset is if it only happened to commons (so no highly-valued egg suddenly gets turned into something not valuable) and if the description shown in the biomes changes when the egg randomly changes. In order to prevent people from clicking an egg who's description has changed in the second after they refreshed the biome, I'd say there should be a 'THIS IS A VAMP, DO YOU WANT IT??' message. Because I really just don't see how this wouldn't lead to tons of drama. You see a zyu in the cave, hesitate for a second and then click it... In that second you hesitated it turned into a vamp and now you are stuck with a vamp on your scroll for 5 hours. Misclicking in the biomes is frustrating enough as it is without eggs suddenly changing on you.

That's exactly why I suggested that the egg would have had to sit in the biome (meaning the visible part, not the backlog) for 2 minutes. Uncommons and rares don't usually sit that long. ;)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

The only way this wouldn't case major upset is if it only happened to commons (so no highly-valued egg suddenly gets turned into something not valuable) and if the description shown in the biomes changes when the egg randomly changes. In order to prevent people from clicking an egg who's description has changed in the second after they refreshed the biome, I'd say there should be a 'THIS IS A VAMP, DO YOU WANT IT??' message. Because I really just don't see how this wouldn't lead to tons of drama. You see a zyu in the cave, hesitate for a second and then click it... In that second you hesitated it turned into a vamp and now you are stuck with a vamp on your scroll for 5 hours. Misclicking in the biomes is frustrating enough as it is without eggs suddenly changing on you.

Sounds good to me, though I swear rares sit for less than a second anyways.

I don't really see the difference between random CB vamp drops in the cave and existing eggs turning into vamps other than a host of logistical errors like people above have mentioned. What would be the benefit of this turning process, as opposed to vampire eggs occasionally appearing in the biomes like any other breed? I'm a bit confused about why this would be a beneficial alternative to them appearing the normal way. It just sounds like it would add confusion and suspicion, but without any real advantages. If the purpose is to have CB vamps occasionally appear in biomes, then why not do it the regular way with them just dropping sometimes like other eggs, rather than a convoluted process of changing? 

If the benefit were that you got a message on the egg's profile that said something like 'this egg was bitten and infected in the cave/desert/forest/etc!' or something, then the same could easily be achieved with any egg picked up from that biome, rather than having some process of eggs switching breeds after a code has already been assigned. I just don't really understand the purpose of that specific suggestion and what it gains. 

Edited by StormWizard212

10 hours ago, olympe said:

Unless, of course, it would only affect eggs that sit in a biome for more than 2 minutes and the egg description actually changes to that of a vampire before the egg gets picked up.

That sounds totally cool, actually! It would help cleaning up the biomes but maybe there would be times when people get bored of picking them up and then we'd have a very annoying Cave blocker (?)

Edit: ...now that I think of it, it may affect rare eggs that sit in a biome for more than 2 minutes. It has happened, actually u.u but I really like your idea! ^^

I like more that idea of having them like the Leetle Trees! But I don't know how to multi-quote with this forum system >.<

Anyway, just here to say I support re-releasing them!

Edited by Kegluneq

Imo, messing around too much with mechanics might hurt chances of a rerelease. Time-based drops really aren’t a great idea for some players who have a difficult enough time as it is hatching Sunrise/sets and catching Day/Night Glories. Having something be only midnight for the cave time would be like 5am for me and many others and... That’s kind of unfair, right? ^_^”

Dropping as a replacement for things that sit in the biomes for 2+ minutes is interesting, but again could be inconvenient, and overall I feel Vampires would become a cave-blocker that way, which would be terrible!! I love the blood-sucking babies, and would be so sad to see them become unwanted nuisances. Overall though, this mechanic seems like too big of a thing to be applied to Vamps. Maybe one day some sort of contagion-themed dragon could infect eggs sitting out for ages, but the Vamps already have a super interesting mechanic of Biting, and I feel like adding this biome mechanic might make the dragon and it’s workings a bit too complicated.

Overall, I really support a rerelease. I want it so bad. But I’m going to stick with my original desires for them to be just available in the holiday biome. It’s simple and it makes sense, and the CBs would still be limited! While having them year-round as a rare drop has been suggested, I feel that even that might make them too “available”, which is why they’ve been left out of CB rereleases in the past. The holiday biome drop might alleviate that, and means there’s still something to look forward to regarding Vamps every Halloween :D