Hanna03

ANSWERED:32 character ID

For exchanging eggs, I was asked for the 32 character ID for my egg. I'm not sure where to access that.... anyone know what I need to do? :)

It's the teleport link - the identifiable part of each one has 32 characters. But if someone wants the link - are YOU setting up an exchange or are they ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

10 minutes ago, Hanna03 said:

For exchanging eggs, I was asked for the 32 character ID for my egg. I'm not sure where to access that.... anyone know what I need to do? :)

Who in the DC world would ask for a 32 character ID instead of just calling it a teleport, trade or transfer? :blink:

Someone doing their first exchange who had got in a muddle, I'd guess !

Actually if the OP's scroll name matches her forum name, she has no Magi, so the other person would have to initiate any trade...

Step 1: Get an adult Magi dragon.

Step 2: Go to its Actions.

Step 3: Select Teleport.

Step 4: Select either Trade or Transfer (in this case you want Trade) and the egg you want to trade.

Step 5: Copy one of the links displayed at the bottom of the newly created page.

She doesn't have a Magi dragon. This will be the issue.

And if you want to pick up an egg, you do have to put up a trade transfer link. If you don't this is the message you get:

Invalid url! Should look like https://dragcave.net/teleport/(32 character ID)

So that's where the 32 character thing came from.

@Hanna03 - you need to get yourself a magi dragon latest?cb=20090313212333

("This egg has an orange aura radiating from it. ") It's found in all biomes, or you may find one in the AP - it looks like this: latest?cb=20100326232645

It has a "teleport" BSA. Teleporting lets you send eggs and hatchlings to other users. You can use it to set up one-way transfers and two-way trades.  Leave and take requires a trade link before you can pick anything up. So until you have a magi, you won't be able to do anything there.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

33 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Leave and take requires a trade link before you can pick anything up.

A transfer link, actually.

Trade: an egg for an egg

Transfer: one-way

Leave & Take doesn't accept trades, only transfers. Basically, it's a trust-based trade that requires both parties to have a Magi with a one-way teleport.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

True, sorry :) Edited.

Edited by Fuzzbucket