The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2018

Woo! My Deepseas are in this group:

https://dragcave.net/group/41866

And here are the Hollies whose offspring I'll be donating this year:

CB Merry Christmas and the winner's choice of any female CB on my scroll as mate.

Exotic Holly and his mate, CB Angel's Trumpet (Stair with Bright-Breasted Wyvern)

Festive Carnival Glass and his CB Red mate (Spiral with Red)

Ilex Opaca Aurea and her mate, CB Eminence (Stair with Gold)

Houx de Saint Laurant and his mate, Pumpkinvines (Stair with Frilled)

Soul of Yule with Midnight's Sunlight or winner's choice of other male G5 checker or evengen on my scroll. (EG Altkin)

Nyx of Christmas Eve and her mate, CB Nile Lotus (Spiral with Verdigris Copper)

Leucistic Hollyberry and his mate, CB Bonesand (Stair with White)

A Merry Garland and his mate, CB Heartsblood (Spiral with Red and Neotropical)

The Celebrant and his mate, CB Hang a Blacksnake (Spiral with Spotted Greenwing)

Fate-Touched and his female CB Thunder mate (winner may choose if desired) 

Ysgardianand her male CB White mate (winner may choose if desired) 

22 hours ago, The Holly Contest said:

Competitors updated to here.

@PrincessLucy, , I've added you but please make sure you read the rules and send us an update :)

Not sure what kind of update you are looking for. My contest Deep Seas are on the front page of my scroll, sorted by breed and number.

52 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Not sure what kind of update you are looking for. My contest Deep Seas are on the front page of my scroll, sorted by breed and number.

Rule four states that you need to have your scroll sorted by breed or have your deep seas in a group. It makes it much easier to total check at the end of the year. :)

1 hour ago, The Holly Contest said:

Rule four states that you need to have your scroll sorted by breed or have your deep seas in a group. It makes it much easier to total check at the end of the year. :)

They are sorted by breed, but only the contest ones are on page 1. It seemed to make no sense to put the non-contest Deep Seas on page 1.

On 02/03/2018 at 3:02 PM, PrincessLucy said:

They are sorted by breed, but only the contest ones are on page 1. It seemed to make no sense to put the non-contest Deep Seas on page 1.

I've updated the rule so hopefully it's clearer. Your scroll needs to be sorted by breed name, not just have the olives in a certain spot, or all olives need to be in a group. It just makes it so much easier to count at the end of the year.

@Daeron I've added you to the list but please make sure that you read the rules and update us. :)

Updated to here

On 3/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, The Holly Contest said:

I've updated the rule so hopefully it's clearer. Your scroll needs to be sorted by breed name, not just have the olives in a certain spot, or all olives need to be in a group. It just makes it so much easier to count at the end of the year.

Okay, they are now grouped, but I fail to see how this is easier to count, as they are in number order on my scroll, but not in number order in my group. In the group, they are in date order.   Lol, I finally figured out how to edit the order in the group.

https://dragcave.net/group/48995

(I'm not ever going to sort my scroll by breed name, as all 18,000+ are sorted by hand the way I want them. Besides, breed sort puts the old Deep Seas together with the contest ones, which would make counting harder.)

Edited by PrincessLucy

On 20/03/2018 at 1:42 AM, lady2beetle said:

I'd like to donate!

The 2018 Holly Offspring from Maslow and mate of choice, from lady2beetle!

Thanks so much! I'll add them to the list :)

@PrincessLucy It might not be easier in your particular case, or any cases where the person is on top of sorting their scroll, but some of the people whose dragons were 'at the end' or 'at the start' were actually a bit all over the place, which made it hard. This is why we've decided to make it breed sort and groups only, as we found counting these much easier (even than when dragons are at the beginning or end). It might not help us much in your particular case, but it does make it easier overall.

So I am joining (I know a bit late but whatever) I have done this for I think 3 years now... maybe... don't have any deep sea dragons yet gonna go breed them now

Will put them at the back of my scroll until further notice once I get breeding they will be put in a group

https://dragcave.net/user/Zerhai

Edited by Zerhai

On 3/29/2018 at 6:17 AM, The Holly Contest said:

@PrincessLucy It might not be easier in your particular case, or any cases where the person is on top of sorting their scroll, but some of the people whose dragons were 'at the end' or 'at the start' were actually a bit all over the place, which made it hard. This is why we've decided to make it breed sort and groups only, as we found counting these much easier (even than when dragons are at the beginning or end). It might not help us much in your particular case, but it does make it easier overall.

I made a group for them in March.  https://dragcave.net/group/48995

current number is 158 deep seas and i have them all grouped properly * have not been naming them been super busy with work*

(note i have 4 unhatched eggs/hatchlings who are in the group but don't count until they grow up) 

Hey guys, I'm really sorry it's been a while since I've posted in here. I've had a bit of a busy/crazy year, but things have been really looking up lately :D

Just in case anything happens, I'm going to officially make the date that the dragons must be grown up on (the end of the competition/start of total checking) the 20th of November. I'm sorry it's a bit earlier than it has been previously, it's just to make sure I'll have enough time to total check and pair up donors and recipients before the breeding starts to ensure you can sort out a smooth handover. :)

First and foremost, a million apologies for not signing up sooner. I received your messages, but this has been one of the busiest years of my life. I've been collecting Deep Seas since January, I just kept forgetting to sign up. So, this is me finally signing up!

I will post a link to the page I'm going to sort them on in the next few days, as well as each one by name.

For now, my scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Wahya

Finally, I don't want a Holly; I don't want a prize at all, unless you want to toss a Tsunami of some sort at me, ha ha! I'm really just doing this for fun :)

I'm not going to sort my scroll by breed, so if that disqualifies me from being counted, that's fine. Just know I will always support what this group/contest does!

My Deep Sea Dragons

https://dragcave.net/group/75903

Edited by Wahya