The Holly Contest

Holly Contest 2018

On 11/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, Wahya said:

First and foremost, a million apologies for not signing up sooner. I received your messages, but this has been one of the busiest years of my life. I've been collecting Deep Seas since January, I just kept forgetting to sign up. So, this is me finally signing up!

I will post a link to the page I'm going to sort them on in the next few days, as well as each one by name.

For now, my scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Wahya

Finally, I don't want a Holly; I don't want a prize at all, unless you want to toss a Tsunami of some sort at me, ha ha! I'm really just doing this for fun :)

I'm not going to sort my scroll by breed, so if that disqualifies me from being counted, that's fine. Just know I will always support what this group/contest does!

My Deep Sea Dragons

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nfiA9 Filthy Pool

Hey thanks ❤️

No need to apologise. I'm really sorry but I don't have time to reply properly right now but if you could put all your deep seas into a group instead of sorting that would be awesome :)

I posted the link to my group back in March, but I will repeat it here, so you don't have to search for it.

https://dragcave.net/group/48995

The last of my 968 contest Deep Seas have grown up.

Edited by PrincessLucy

On 11/20/2018 at 4:54 AM, AppleMango said:

Hey thanks ❤️

No need to apologise. I'm really sorry but I don't have time to reply properly right now but if you could put all your deep seas into a group instead of sorting that would be awesome :)

Sure ^^

https://dragcave.net/group/75903

Hey guys, I'm really sorry that I haven't updated you lately. This is just a very quick update that I honestly barely have time to write. It's going to make me a bit late but I feel like you deserve an update!

Due to an unexpected real life situation, I've had practically no free time in these past two weeks. It's almost sorted now though. I won't be home tonight but I am aiming to have the count finished and everyone messaged in the next 60 hours. 

Thank you for being patient with me.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry, I had a crazy week. I'm working on getting all the messages out right now, and the total checking will be getting finished asap too.

Hey guys, I'm sorry this took so long, I've just had a lot going on in realy life and have been feeling really overwhelmed. Luckily though, a lovely person on facebook helped me to total check and we have the final standings!

PrincessLucy 968
Sylvanaria 803
Irilandra 600
Terrafreaky 521
Zerhai 291
Firstborn Dragon 284
Miichie 239
Daeron 197
EragonSaphiraRider: 177
spring_dragon 166
Gryphites 150
winter_tea 140
Peachycupcake525 137
Lurhstaap 105
Wahya 97
Golden 80
Tiga 40
MysticMusician 34
Zephyr_Drake 28
Merlot 12
Kovia 8
Kurokosworth 7
wonderwanders2 1

I'll be messaging everyone that's replied now to match you up with your donor/recipient. Thanks so much everyone ❤️

We collected 5085 deep seas for the contest this year!

Hey guys - I accidentally missed a couple of people on the participants list so they didn't get the message to choose their prizes. I've messaged them now and hopefully they'll reply soon so that I can keep going with the prize sorting! I'm giving them a day before I move to the next person. Some people have already been matched and everyone else will be matched in less than 25 hours hopefully!

Hey guys, everyone should be matched with a prize now. If you haven't, please message me on AppleMango asap so I can sort it out :) thanks

I really hope there is going to be a poll because my vote is for Ash Dragons

Didn't do as well as I had done during the 2017 contest, but given the fact I completely fell off the map after raising 150 dragons in January/February this year (I think), I am okay with it :D

And I'm very happy with the reward I received! TY @AppleMango for taking care of the contest! ❤️

I'm not sure about which dragon to vote for as far as the future poll goes, but we'll see 😆

Edited by Gryphites

I PMed AppleMango and no response. I would really hate to see this go after so many years :(

2 hours ago, Wahya said:

I would be sad as well. It's so much fun!

completely agree!

admittedly it is easier than ever to get a holly, and now bc of the holiday biome which is opened everyone is able to get cb holly

In the facebook group someone asked this question, and the person who ran it said she'd like to but this year it's too much work for her to run alone. A few people have offered to help but so far there as been no other responses in the past week.

1 minute ago, MysticMusician said:

In the facebook group someone asked this question, and the person who ran it said she'd like to but this year it's too much work for her to run alone. A few people have offered to help but so far there as been no other responses in the past week.

I see... that is sad... i wish i had the time to help... I absolutely love this project... i haven't even revived my own lineage since I became relatively active again... because I don't have the time to do more than keep up with just my person stuff and maybe a breeding for someone every once in a while.... 

I suppose we could always do it unofficially, with no prizes or something. Like we do a vote for a dragon, all collect it, then just show our counts at the end? I already opt out of a prize because now Hollies are fairly easy to catch. But I understand some may not want to without an initiative.

2 hours ago, Wahya said:

I suppose we could always do it unofficially, with no prizes or something. Like we do a vote for a dragon, all collect it, then just show our counts at the end? I already opt out of a prize because now Hollies are fairly easy to catch. But I understand some may not want to without an initiative.

I think that is a good idea... 

Here's what I propose we do:

Since a few people contacted the head of this group to take over for them let's wait at least one week to see if that person responds to those volunteering their time. If nothing happens then we can move on with an unofficial page.

I still think we should have a poll to vote on which dragon should be in the contest this year regardless as to the official or unofficial nature of this project moving forward.

Any ideas on dragons that should be included in the poll? I think Waterhorses are a good choice myself.

We volunteered a while ago but I will ask if they mind one of us taking over completely