Lovecats

Floral-Crowned Breeding/Naming Plans

@cerimonster I agree that they seem hard to pair and don't quite go with anything really bright or really dark. I think I like Brutes and Plated Colossus best from the previews that have already been posted. They seem to get along with earthy tones.

I'd like to see them with:

Monarchs

Khusas

Seragammas

Coastal Waverunners
Speckle-Throateds
Blue Zyumorphs

Imperial Fleshcrownes (because of the name and the body shape)

If anyone is up to it!

Edited by GhostMouse

5a88fcb9228aa_FloralandMonarch.png.b029f87f17c0e676464be0d2a30479c7.png

Here's the Monarchs, because I was also interested in them. Not really bad but not great either imo, but I like the theme of butterflies to flowers.

floralcrownedwithkhusa.PNG.c98d2377c3b5266789e3ad8204b1c427.PNGfloralcrownedwithseragamma.PNG.019d235ae5c007084b0ad1ba7f10ca63.PNGfloralcrownedwithcoastal.PNG.f8da1a4cdfc8eae26c2e49c326f5a3b5.PNGfloralcrownedwithspeckled.PNG.5b41570de1d37126600bdb03b2118705.PNGfloralcrownedwithmonarch.PNGfloralcrownedwithbluezyu.PNG.39906314a68ebe336fd9bd7e761a6c0e.PNGfloralcrownedwithfleshcrowne.PNG.2d87e9068d2c0eb56d2bfb7f73d7614b.PNG

@GhostMouse

Here are a few for you!

Edited by Peachycupcake525

@OccultBones @Peachycupcake525 Thank you!

I like the dusty blue of the Monarch with the dusty pink, but I'm not sure how well the orange wing fits in there. I think the Coastals might be too bright, the Seragammas and Khusas are okay. The Speckle-Throats seem the best to me because they share similar pink tones, but they don't really wow me. This dragon is going to be hard to pair!

(Edit: I posted these on mobile so the images were broken. Now fixed :rolleyes:)

I find myself particular with these so far:

image.png.6ee4f91f6d94f3b60e6eec52727c1161.png image.png.7fbe1ca79b104b50f82509d53bba3dc9.png image.png.27fd68d01315ae327fb12e3ce455551c.png

But in general I haven't found too many to my liking compared to the Garland release. Still keeping an eye out...

(sorry if any of these are duplicate images, somehow I couldn't catch all the posts scrolling through my phone so I may have to double check them)

Quick edit for @Siliskor

image.png.79aa0c262ce013c0f192f38dbdb399e5.png

Edited by Mizashi

@cerimonster My thoughts exactly ^_^ I mentioned earlier that they'll look nice with Black Tea and so far, this is my favourite option, though other pink combinations are also nice (Carmine Wyvern, Flamingo Wyvern, Speckle-Throated). I like them also with Bright-Breasted Wyverns, as it is one of the few Floral-Crowned x green combinations that is relatively easy for the eyes.

BAzaQG.png

1 hour ago, Aurigena said:

@cerimonster My thoughts exactly ^_^ I mentioned earlier that they'll look nice with Black Tea and so far, this is my favourite option, though other pink combinations are also nice (Carmine Wyvern, Flamingo Wyvern, Speckle-Throated). I like them also with Bright-Breasted Wyverns, as it is one of the few Floral-Crowned x green combinations that is relatively easy for the eyes.

BAzaQG.png

Even that I'm not really liking...I kinda liked em with speckle throats.

This is interesting http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=qI7PE&style[border]=n

(sorry, unable to use the templates at this time)

Interesting enough I like it http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=NbYPW&style[border]=n

ehhh, doing alright with this one as well http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=nXHHL&style[border]=n

Not sure if this one has been done? http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=Wua6D&style[border]=n

Not sure about this pairing... http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=4IRb1&style[border]=n

Mneeh http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=0CZIk&style[border]=n

Odd enough I might collect http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=1UpLF&style[border]=n

http://www.allureofnds.net/NDER/Lineage.php?dcode=roll4&gen=2&mate=BOa3J&style[border]=n

Theres a few there, but is anyone able to put them into the templates? 

Well, I kinda like this one. 

But yeah, they are hard to pair up with anythin.

zuzZfgN.png

14 hours ago, cerimonster said:

Is it just me, or do they seem to clash with everything? So far I haven't seen them with something I like...

Yeah, I sort of agree. I don't know if it's because they're so extremely detailed or just the green-pink/red colors.

I think green colored dragons in general would look ok.

5kr3ywu.jpg

I'll probably breed them with fleshcrownes or kingcrowns, but I'm not sure. Maybe we'll get a suitable dragon before the year is through. Anyway, here's what I named my babies:

Screenshot_20180218-152135~2.png

17 hours ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

floralcrownedwithkhusa.PNG.c98d2377c3b5266789e3ad8204b1c427.PNG

floralcrownedwithspeckled.PNG.5b41570de1d37126600bdb03b2118705.PNG

floralcrownedwithmonarch.PNG

floralcrownedwithbluezyu.PNG.39906314a68ebe336fd9bd7e761a6c0e.PNG

@GhostMouse

Here are a few for you!

Oh you did the rest! Thank you!

I still think Khusas, Speckle-Throateds, and Monarchs are alright. The Imps aren't really doing it for me. I think the Blue Zyus are my favorite so far.

Hm ... Albino, Fell, Lumina? Sonsong for a proper clash?

I think I like the Shadow Walker and Specklethroated combos best so far ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

7 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hm ... Albino, Fell, Lumina? Sonsong for a proper clash?

I think I like the Shadow Walker and Specklethroated combos best so far ...

boop

image.png.c3aace4ddaee6a80493c09bbddc91894.pngimage.png.097df8f1f830ab8024ecbaeb0d846c0b.png

image.png.f9685b8b0c7b6868ac88fd2bf1ab790e.pngimage.png.216fbb3db3433601e805434f253c8f84.png

image.png.799abab8ea511ee2090f7662791308d6.png

Oh, thank you! :) Albino for a change then - usually not my favourite, but there's a use for everything :D And dark Lumina, for some reason.

Yeah, let me add my two cents to the "nothing's really working for me either" jar.  Out of all these lovely templates (thanx for the great job you all did, folks!), I lean most toward the Olive for the color tho I've never cared for half-a-dragon tiles, & the Carmine Wyvern for the color inversion - it might be perfect it had green where the black is.  Can almost like the Speckle-throat too, but something puts me off it & I can't pinpoint what.  Could be that orange-y throat.  But the Brute looks interesting.

Too bad we can't pair the Greater Spotted Drake with it, I think I'd like that a lot.  But hey, maybe we'll get something new in the next year that'll be just perfect ^_^.  Maybe try a Harvest in the meantime for the complete contrast?  Hmm . .  .

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed in what I am seeing. Most of the things I thought would look good with them just don't work for me. So far I think Specklethroat, Plated Colossus, Tetra, and Dark Luminas are my favorites. Monarchs and Khusas aren't bad, but not great, either. I thought I would like them with green breeds, but the green shades are just not right with them.

I wonder about Stripes? Apparently they yield red Stripe babies from a post I saw on the departure thread. Nevermind. I tried it on Heart of Blue and the reds don't look right to me.

Edited by purplehaze

I think they look very lovely with Gemshards (that's probably the combo I'll try first of all).

Also with Gaia. And Gold. Well, Gold seems to work with everything. :)

hmmm i think I mostly like them with the muted greens of a Plated Colossus.  Other things are too bright, too dark, or the lineage is too pink, or too contrasting

so i will work on a plated colossus checker XD providing i remember next valentines to breed the Floral valentine half of the checker