Lovecats

Floral-Crowned Breeding/Naming Plans

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

hmmm i think I mostly like them with the muted greens of a Plated Colossus.  Other things are too bright, too dark, or the lineage is too pink, or too contrasting

so i will work on a plated colossus checker XD providing i remember next valentines to breed the Floral valentine half of the checker

I agree with this. The only one that I mildly thought worked /well/ was Plated Colossus. I'll probably breed mine with plated colossi and gaias. 

@cerimonster, I agree too. They're pretty dragons and all, but nothing works well with them other than Green Gemshard, Anagallis, Black Tea, Plated Colossus, Gaia, and maybe Green Firegem. Kind of sad because I've wanted a flowery Valentine for a while :(

Edited by The Dragoness

I agree they are hard to match, but I am picky lol. The gaia looks good.

I am absolutely in love with the anagallis pairing. I agree that it's hard to find a good match, too bad we can't do purebreds XD

Throwing in another vote for the female Silvers, although I think they look better with the big sprites than in lineage view:

FB663761-C5D2-4B3E-9007-610205A810D4.jpeg

We seem to have a lot more 'Crown' dragons nowadays so I mashed them up all together into a lineage.

image.png.c1a6aef6f5f8564c92d9b106e4c14996.png

I call it the King's Crowne.

Includes:

Floral-Crowns

Imperial Fleshcrownes

Yellow-Crowns

Kingcrownes

Edited by lovecats99

So far I like then with blue Gemshards, SIlver, White-winged Snow Angel, and tan Ridgies. 

They're such a dark pink and green that a lot of pairings make them look too Christmassy to me. 

I named mine Hedge-Wizard and Green-Witch, the latter may change.

Reading this thread, I too thought they were hard to pair, but when I began listing options, it turned out they're not too bad :D I mean, there's plenty, even though I've yet to have a wow reaction. So far, I've liked red Gemshard, Green, BBW, Speckle-throated and Harvest mates best. But other green shades and muted pinks look nice with them as well, including Gaias, Terraes, Olives, green Gemshards, Colossi, Anagallis, Flamingos, Silvers, Carmines and, surprisingly, dark Luminas.

Has anyone made mockup lineage views with Black Teas, Vines (including alts), Frills or Water Walkers? (Just trying to think of matching colours...) I'm also curious about Nhiostrifes, Nocturnes, Scimitar-wings, Pillows, and Whites. Plus I think Flower-crowneds would look amazing with Neglecteds, if only... :D

Edited by Aie

This one auto'd cause I was full of other random eggs but I rather like going a little old school and using White Stripes.

2dicuP1.jpg

My other Floral Crown bred a Green Stripe so I'm going to assume they can manage the whole range of colors? OwO

Edited by Fateweaver

Here's green Striped, just to show.

image.png.7ebc0c341e119a982a53b319c13f0c63.png

And PB Stripes for testing:

image.png.df56f940faa08c9a56e5eea9c43c2ff0.png bISBHaw.png

Edit:

image.png.8355b30f20aacfd5ffb5c658715d6121.png

Test-bred my first one with Electrics. Didn't realise their poses were so similar!

Edited by lovecats99

2 hours ago, Fateweaver said:

My other Floral Crown bred a Green Stripe so I'm going to assume they can manage the whole range of colors? OwO

Nah. They have both red and green on their body so that makes red and green Stripeds, just like Bright-Breasted Wyvern do.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nah. They have both red and green on their body so that makes red and green Stripeds, just like Bright-Breasted Wyvern do.

Awww, no fun! XD Ah well, green and red still work for me.

I like them with verdigris coppers, plated colossi, and monarchs. Pale greens seem to work well...

They look like watermelons, so I may breed them next year to the first true watermelon dragon on site:

latest?cb=20121228110315

I'm bored of pink VDay dragons to be honest, so I won't be trying too hard to avoid clashing colors. Anything is fair game! Maybe even Omens, another holiday I have no breeding plans for...

On 2/17/2018 at 11:04 AM, Cielmuir said:

I already reserved some names with "Watermelon" since their coloring reminds me of watermelon.  I think they would look nice with fevers.

Think this is my fave pairing so far! I'll have to try this.

Might try them with Rainbow/Red coppers, too.

6 hours ago, Nine said:

They look like watermelons, so I may breed them next year to the first true watermelon dragon on site:

latest?cb=20121228110315

I'm bored of pink VDay dragons to be honest, so I won't be trying too hard to avoid clashing colors. Anything is fair game! Maybe even Omens, another holiday I have no breeding plans for...

Um... Wrapping-Wings are male only? And so are Floral-Crowned, haha...

dragons which can breed different colours of Stripeds *each*:

Winter Magi: white, green, red - male only

Wrapping Wing: green, red - male only

Floral-Crown: green, red - male only

Bright-Breasted Wyvern (red, green)

Swallowtail (black, blue)

Nocturne (white, blue, depending on when you breed them)

I wonder why Solstices don't breed blue and red XD

9 hours ago, Fabula said:

Um... Wrapping-Wings are male only? And so are Floral-Crowned, haha...

Oh, huh, I had thought they were all female. 

Looking back and reading the news posts, seems like there was a bug of some sort... which makes sense, since 2017 was female. I guess it's nice to have another pink male dragon, but there goes my Christmas plans.

Edited by Nine

Could perhaps someopne please show them with Blacktips, Teimarrs and Pillows? I think those might just work out. But yes, they are hard to pair. So far nothing goes "wow" for me, I'm afraid, though I don't htink the Striped River looks half bad at all. I think I like them more with light, somewhat muted colours.The Khusa is nice, too, but then I have a soft spor for those, as well as for pillows.

Edited by Varnayrah

Part of the problem, yet again, is that the dragon is small in its tile while most others are huge. I had the same problem with the Soulstones this year.