calankh

ANSWERED:dragons first, then flowers (Val '18 event)

Loving seeing what flowers & other things my dragons are bringing back to me with this event, but starting to have to scroll a lot to get to the list of dragons to send out. I only have 25 flowers and I can forsee this getting much worse as I continue to collect them

so my proposal is that the list of dragons or the dragon currently flower hunting appears first on the page, followed by the list of flowers my dragons have brought me. Or move the list of flowers found to it's own page. hopefully not too difficult a fix to toss in quickly before this gets out of hand?

edited for clarity

Edited by calankh

Yes please, this would be appreciated.... 

Cheers!
C4. 

I'm with you on this. I have more then 50 flowers and I'm doing a lot of scrolling to get down to the dragons/the dragon that's returned with a new flower. Otherwise, fantastic event! ^.^

It would be nice to have the collecting dragon on top of the collection of flowers. It is more noticeable when using mobile how frustrating it can get to scroll down after collecting every flower from the first day of the event, and it would be nice to have the collecting dragon be on top of the flower collection.

I really think it's probably a bit late to ask for this...

I mean, switching the component that displays the inventory and the one that displays the dragons probably shouldn't be a particularly difficult thing.

But even if it is too late for this event, I wanna say this isn't the first time a growing inventory has been put at the top, and pushed down the actual intractable parts of the event? Unless I'm confusing this with another game, but I seem to remember a similar problem with UI. Either way, in future it'd be nice to have any kind of expanding inventory appear lower on the page than the components we're actually interacting with at the moment. Or, like, make them collapsable or something.

And I also believe, even if it doesn't get switched for this event, this suggestion could possibly be looked at for later events, so it is never too late if it can change things later. 

Though it would nice to have the change for this event.

Edited by Dorchet

Oh yes - in principle I agree; it would be lovely - and also I would love Hallowe'en treats to be at the top of the page each year as we collect them - they are MUCH more of a problem as you have to scroll through all the past years ! But given the actual CAVE issues, with egg drops going AWOL, that are kicking in at times just now, I can't see this  a a huge priority.

This right here, I use mobile and scrolling down is a pain

very very very much agree here. Even if it's 'too late' for this event (though there are still 6 full days left, and I can't imagine simply switching positioning would be overly time-consuming), it's definitely something to take note of for other events. It's very annoying and needlessly time-wasting to have to scroll all the way down every single time I want to send a flower (or get the flower a dragon finds for me). I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for mobile users. And given that there are 6 days left of the game and some have already sent/collected 100+ flowers, I really hate to imagine how far down we'll have to scroll towards the end of the event.

This image should explain why the whole flowers over dragons idea is...less than ideal. Like, come on. That's 30% zoom and I still can't see the interactable element of the page.

:blink:

I am glad I don't usually play on mobile....

This'll happen soon-ish (probably around the same time as reporting, tomorrow), though I've been playing pretty exclusively from mobile and a single flick gets me to the bottom of the page.

I can imagine that slower phones/connections (no idea what TJ has, although I assume most web developers typically have higher end phones) that loading the page might get sluggish. I used to have a low end phone for a while, and even with me taking care of not overloading it with background tasks and unneeded storage eaters like excessive tabs, it didn't take too well to loading longer pages. 

Out of curiosity, will the card page also be changed so our sent/received cards are on the bottom and the sending form are on the top?

Once we have all the flowers, it makes more sense to have them at the top, so personally I like it as it is.

Also it seems that different mobiles are going to display it differently. Mine doesn't look like Annilalate's example at all. I have a single vertical column. Like TJ said, one flick scrolls me to the dragons at the bottom of the page.

2 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Once we have all the flowers, it makes more sense to have them at the top, so personally I like it as it is.

Also it seems that different mobiles are going to display it differently. Mine doesn't look like Annilalate's example at all. I have a single vertical column. Like TJ said, one flick scrolls me to the dragons at the bottom of the page.

How does it make more sense? I think it makes very little sense to have the bit we can interact with be right at the bottom of the page - I load a page, have to scroll before getting to the little “Get” button, and then have to reload and do it all again. Yes, it’s not life-threatening, but annoying after time. As well as the fact that I’m not going to read all my flower descriptions every time I visit the page, so why are they at the top anyway? And while different mobiles may display it differently, it’s unfair that some people have to scroll for a long time before getting to the important bit - it would just be all round easier for the change to be made. I’d also really enjoy the suggestion of the sent and received cards being at the bottom too. 

I agree, right now the flowers on my mobile take up 90% of the page no matter which I'm on (and that's not an exaggeration, since I also have a very long single column unless horizontal). I need two long flicks to get to the bottom, not to mention the only flowers I would be interested in, the new ones I collect, mostly move towards the bottom as well.

Sure, once you collect them all they're fine at the top, but that's 6 hours of working with them in your metaphorical way.

To be honest I wouldn't mind a hide flowers button either; it'd let less things load for anyone concerned about data usage/cache not working/ctrl f5/whatnot.

I am glad this is getting a fix early though.

6 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

How does it make more sense? I think it makes very little sense to have the bit we can interact with be right at the bottom of the page - I load a page, have to scroll before getting to the little “Get” button, and then have to reload and do it all again. Yes, it’s not life-threatening, but annoying after time. As well as the fact that I’m not going to read all my flower descriptions every time I visit the page, so why are they at the top anyway? And while different mobiles may display it differently, it’s unfair that some people have to scroll for a long time before getting to the important bit - it would just be all round easier for the change to be made. I’d also really enjoy the suggestion of the sent and received cards being at the bottom too. 

I said, once we have all the flowers. 

As in, when we no longer need to interact with the bottom of the page

On 2/14/2018 at 2:03 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I really think it's probably a bit late to ask for this...

Looks like it wasn't too late to ask for it at all! ^_^ As it's now live. (Or at least it's in the process of being made live for everyone, it is for me but I can't speak for every user obviously)

1 hour ago, Fabula said:

Looks like it wasn't too late to ask for it at all! ^_^ As it's now live. (Or at least it's in the process of being made live for everyone, it is for me but I can't speak for every user obviously)

It's live for me as well.

8 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I’d also really enjoy the suggestion of the sent and received cards being at the bottom too. 

Yes please! I can't imagine how long the list could be for some of the more popular players. I just made sure to send one of every "flower" so they are preserved on my scroll and it's made the page so long that I doubt I'll send anything else because of the scrolling I'll have to do. Flicking doesn't work well on my phone.