TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Finally finished my Valentine's Day - got all the flowers, sent a bunch and sorted my new Valentine dragons. Overall, I caught/traded for this year:

Valentine '09: 7
Sweetling: 4
Rosebud: 34
Heartseeker: 2
Arsani: 1
Soulstone: 4
Floral-Crowned: 2

I-I am not hoarding Rosebuds, no... :'D (Still a bit shocked about these numbers myself XD)

Edit: I now have 96 adult Rosebuds. Whoops.

Edited by Imago

*refreshes AP*

*remembers I'm hatchie-locked*

*refreshes again*

Is this just me?

My valentine's collection is fairly unimpressive. Pretty glad I got my fill of CBs though! :D I also have a fair few Arsanis, as well as some shiny noodles with nice lineages to continue. <3

Edited by Zeditha

Just now, Zeditha said:

*refreshes AP*

*remembers I'm hatchie-locked*

*refreshes again*

Is this just me?

Definitely not just you! I do that all the time. Usually I'm thinking 'well, if I find something really really good I could always abandon something in order to get it', but of course by the time I actually did that it would be gone.

I need to finish up my dragon interactions (still have 13 that aren't greyed-out yet!) and then screenshot all the flowers... I'll wait until just before midnight to screenshot all the cards I've given/received, since I'll definitely be sending out more today. I started naming and grouping my v-day haul yesterday but haven't actually counted them yet.

I do hope all the flowers and descriptions will show up on the badge link!  It would be sad to see all of the hard work put in to them disappear tomorrow...

3 minutes ago, terrerio35 said:

I do hope all the flowers and descriptions will show up on the badge link!  It would be sad to see all of the hard work put in to them disappear tomorrow...

According to TJ in a different thread, only the cards you've sent and recieved will be shown in the badge link. The flower descriptions and such won't be.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:08 AM, Kaini said:

All in all a very fun event, I had a great time occasionally sneaking my phone out at work to send another dragon for a flower :lol:

Tiny Snek is my favorite.

Wow.  I can't even keep my phone with me while working.  Also, did you notice that the snek is a rattler?  When I saw them popping up in my personal valentines, I was excited to see which dragon would drop it.  I was surprised it didn't come from the gigantic dragon, though... But then again, he would've ate it!

13 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

According to TJ in a different thread, only the cards you've sent and recieved will be shown in the badge link. The flower descriptions and such won't be.

Noooo!  But these are our wonderful prizes l, how can they not let us keep BOTH versions of our event tokens?  I find it a point of pride to show off how far I got in an event!

Your best option is to send cards with the flower and its description if you wish to keep them around, at least to a sense.

My early favorite 'flower' was the Anemone.  I'm sure it's exactly what we described a flower as.

The snek is funnier the more I think about it.  The Gaia clearly knows what a flower is from the last request, and yet...
I really wish we could retain access to the 'flowers gathered' page after the event is over.  Yes, we'll have the image of the flowers on cards, but not the description text for them.
All in all, great event!

There's a link to all the flowers and descriptions somewhere in this thread and Process is making sure the wiki saves EVERYTHING :)

I love the new dragon! Beautiful sprite, lovely concept. They have very intelligent-looking faces, he looks like he's deliberating over a pile of flowers from different suitors.

9 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I love the new dragon! Beautiful sprite, lovely concept. They have very intelligent-looking faces, he looks like he's deliberating over a pile of flowers from different suitors.

I really like that description! He does seem to be deep in thought about something.

I only have 1 Floral-Crowned because I gave the other away to someone who missed the drop, and I feel totally good about that because I can always get more next year and I don't really need CBs in the first place (only annoying thing about not having 2 myself this year is that I'll only have one breeding chance next year and will really have to rely on trading and AP for messy Floral-Crowned, and I've found it's especially hard to find messies of the newest breed). 

I find it very interesting that we bug certain dragons about getting us flowers when they could very easily just eat us, lol. I mean that Dark Lumina is scary! 

edit: Like seriously, whyyyyy are we bugging that Dark Lumina? 

Spoiler

5657a19dc260e9df7078a96ebf8de20c.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

I'm still sending cards. I just wish I could remember who I sent them to! Our list doesn't tell us. :(

I'm sending to random people.  Have to say I'm sending loads more than I'm receiving.

I think I'm hitting all the inactive scrolls.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Noooo!  But these are our wonderful prizes l, how can they not let us keep BOTH versions of our event tokens?  I find it a point of pride to show off how far I got in an event!

By the way, has anyone made a list of the flowers yet?  I would like to see if someone specifically made a list of which flowers are real in our own world.  I know lots of them, and some are actually real, just not named QUITE the same.

The 'strange seedpods', for example, remind me of a special flower's old body.  The Pipe Flower, as they are typically named, seem like dead, withered flowers during the end of their flowering stage.  They actually seem totally dead, as they can be easily pulled right out from the ground, roots and all.  These 'shrunken' flowers shown in the art might just be the dead fruiting bodies of said species, if not just the inspiration of it.  If they are, then the halloween dragon that found them isn't responsible for its' death, if anyone was wondering!

Welp, looks like if you bug the Dark Lumina enough he just totally stops trying to be subtle:

Spoiler

30dbbd4fb3788106b356ab1ec106ef92.png

29 minutes ago, terrerio35 said:

By the way, has anyone made a list of the flowers yet?  I would like to see if someone specifically made a list of which flowers are real in our own world.  I know lots of them, and some are actually real, just not named QUITE the same.

The 'strange seedpods', for example, remind me of a special flower's old body.  The Pipe Flower, as they are typically named, seem like dead, withered flowers during the end of their flowering stage.  They actually seem totally dead, as they can be easily pulled right out from the ground, roots and all.  These 'shrunken' flowers shown in the art might just be the dead fruiting bodies of said species, if not just the inspiration of it.  If they are, then the halloween dragon that found them isn't responsible for its' death, if anyone was wondering!

I figured it was a more draconic variant of the snapdragon species that withers into a skull-shape.

1 hour ago, Guillotine said:

I figured it was a more draconic variant of the snapdragon species that withers into a skull-shape.

That's what I thought too.  But, considering the event's 'snapdragon' looks nothing like an actual snapdragon...I dunno. *shrug*

7 minutes ago, VioletWhirlwind said:

That's what I thought too.  But, considering the event's 'snapdragon' looks nothing like an actual snapdragon...I dunno. *shrug*

The events' snapdragon is pure punnery, but it wouldn't be too out there to have a nod to the real snapdragon along with the pun snapdragon.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Welp, looks like if you bug the Dark Lumina enough he just totally stops trying to be subtle:

Reveal hidden contents

30dbbd4fb3788106b356ab1ec106ef92.png

That one made me laugh! (Reminds me, though, that I don't think I went back and poked them all again -- something else to do before midnight!)