TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Anyone missed the new dragon drop, here's your chance right now:

35ba3wg.png

Edited by Ripan
pic was obnoxiously big

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Dahlias are real flowers(I used the kind with rounded petals for reference) so I can't have headcanons of them

The Dahlias were my favorite flower for the event! I sent quite a bit of them. :) Great job.

OH AND THE SNEK. <3 <3 <3

Edited by Earth Gurl

And now we've got low-time regulars begun dropping in.

Thanks for this year's Valentine's Day, I've enjoyed it immensely! :) 

I can't really pick a favorite flower from the bunch, but I think the balloon flower and the queen of the night lily were especially likable. 

Edited by Ripan

And we hit the end :(. The last few Valentines are just flooding out. It was fun while it last. See you next year you pretties ^_^

BTW it seems now user Florals are hatching male. Was there any clear-up on the females?

7 minutes ago, Herk said:

BTW it seems now user Florals are hatching male. Was there any clear-up on the females?

TJ posted a few pages back, it was cleared up and all hatchies are now male.

I just caught some hatchies off the AP and some veeeeery low time eggs to save them.

9 minutes ago, Herk said:

And we hit the end :(. The last few Valentines are just flooding out. It was fun while it last. See you next year you pretties ^_^

GOD that's actually a relief. I sort of felt OBLIGED to catch stuff - and so many beauties - even today :)

It's been great fun.

Ahh, crap. I missed the end of the Valentine's wall. XD I'm glad I at least I woke up at the right time to scroll-lock myself with AP goodies, though.

Oh well, it's always a delight to see the low-time commons finally pop up after all this time. especially when you're scroll-locked and unable to do anything with them

Thank you to TJ and the artists for such a wonderful event! I think this might have been the best DC event i've ever had thanks to the sheer amount of work going into the pretty dragon avatars, flowers and cards system. :)

Edited by lovecats99

49 minutes ago, Earth Gurl said:

The Dahlias were my favorite flower for the event! I sent quite a bit of them. :) Great job.

OH AND THE SNEK. <3 <3 <3

Omg thank you, I'm glad you liked it! >_< And yes, I'm hoarding the brownie noodles, haha.

Can't help feeling a sadness now it's all over.

Huge thanks to everyone involved for making it a good year!

This was an absolutely wonderful event! The dragons and flowers were simply amazing: from the designs of both, to the personalities of the dragons and the descriptions of the flowers; it was all so well done and creative, and I loved every second of it! <3 And being able to send and receive unique Valentines notes was quite lovely! <3 

The new Valentines dragon is also really nice! I love the colors and the flower theme it has!  

Thank you TJ, spriters, writers, and all else involved in making this event happen! It was an awesome one! ^-^

I really like the new dragon!! I really love its colours, design and pose!Especially that really dark pink on its back

Can't wait to see @JOTB's alt, i cant imagine how pretty that would look!

Is it me or last year Christmas AP wall lasted a bit more than this year Valentine AP wall?

2 hours ago, Ripan said:

Anyone missed the new dragon drop, here's your chance right now:

35ba3wg.png

All gone.

It's back to the normal Dragons now...

1 minute ago, Ravensilver said:

All gone.

It's back to the normal Dragons now...

Now that I think of it, people might get another chance.

They dropped til February 16, if some people AP'd eggs during February 15 and 16... I don't know when they'd start to show on the AP, because the eggs of the pic were eggs stolen on February 14.

1 minute ago, Kegluneq said:

They dropped til February 16, if some people AP'd eggs during February 15 and 16... I don't know when they'd start to show on the AP, because the eggs of the pic were eggs stolen on February 14.

I thought Valentines were prioritised over commons? As in, any Crowns would be pushed in front of the common wall, seen in the Crown wall screenshotted above.

2 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

I thought Valentines were prioritised over commons? As in, any Crowns would be pushed in front of the common wall, seen in the Crown wall screenshotted above.

Yes they were. But the very last Valentine eggs from other Val species, like Heartseatlings, Sweetlings etc, were bred on the 14th. So any other eggs, including the new Vals, stolen or bred and AP'd from the beginning of the 15th are yet to appear

Loved this event and appreciate all the work that went into it. Not the biggest fan of the new dragons. I'd love to see some future dragons that aren't colored so boldly (maybe pastels). These new guys seem very Christmasy to me. Regardless, thank you spriters <3

Thank you to everyone who made this event possible. The flowers and artwork are beautiful.

I'm saving all the sprites because I love them so much, but I'm not sure if I know which dragon this is:

KI98maT.png

Is it a Shallow Water dragon or a Magi? It seems to have the traits of both.

Here's the album, by the way. I'm adding the flowers after I finish grabbing them all ^ ^;

Click Me!

@kittyrules2003 that is a magi. :)

Also, all of the dragons and flowers can be found in Process and TCA's posts on the first page, if that makes things a little easier. 

Edited by Tiki G

4 minutes ago, kittyrules2003 said:

I'm saving all the sprites because I love them so much, but I'm not sure if I know which dragon this is:

KI98maT.png

Is it a Shallow Water dragon or a Magi? It seems to have the traits of both.

I believe the text for  that one called it a Magi.  I wrote down that I got the Mage Echo flower from it.
:ph34r:'d

Edited by Gryphonic

My eggs still haven't hatched ahh, I can't wait to get the adults!

I love this event, all the dragon sprites look so pretty!

The Valentine's wall is gone. *sigh* Another v-day come and gone on DC. Well, we still have the event for a few more days, but no more hunting. I haven't done my final count yet, but I'm very pleased with what I was able to catch and trade for this year!

This was a very fun event and the new dragons are very pretty. ^_^ Thanks to all who made it possible.

I was mildly annoyed at the tiny character limit for the cards, though, so to anyone who got the lame truncated version of the Valentine poem I sent out, sorry. And I haven't sent too many, but I'm thinking about all the nice people I've talked to and traded/swapped with over the years. :wub:

7 hours ago, DorkJulian said:

Perfect. :lol: