TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

1 minute ago, lean2fire said:

LOVE the portraits.  Hope they're around after the event.

Event has made me sad that some of my favorite dragons aren't intelligent enough to speak.

I'm so happy some of my favorites like Teimarrs, Blusangs and Sapphires got into the event! But I'd be lying if I'd say I wouldn't have wanted to see Soulpeaces, Mistletoes, Albinos and Neglecteds, hehe

I love the Copper's dialogue <3 It's exactly how I pictured my old favorite Copper!

Thanks also to all the people that got involved in this event, I must say, it's quite an accomplishment! 

Just now I realized there was a Gaia that you can send for flowers haha

It also seems I got this year's Val dragon. I feel happy now :)

But, out of curiosity, has anyone gotten to the point where you can't send any more dragons out?

4 minutes ago, Andromen said:

But, out of curiosity, has anyone gotten to the point where you can't send any more dragons out?

Yes. I got every single one grayed out for today. I suspect it refreshes every 24 hours. Who knows though?

Edited by Dorchet

We can just see.. Thanks for the quick answer! I shall send you a card now, my friend :)

Just now, Andromen said:

We can just see.. Thanks for the quick answer! I shall send you a card now, my friend :)

If you do my scroll is Condorflight :)

And yours?

I realized I haven't yet said a huge thank you to TJ and the artists who came up with the beautiful dragons and flowers for this event! The dialogue with the dragons is so much fun, too! And thanks for giving us the chance again to send out greetings again. I think that is the best kind of event we get here (close second -- things like the snow fort!).

*sigh* It looks like we will have another pink dragon this year. Don't get me wrong. I am not ungrateful. The hatchie is really cute and well-done and I am sure JOTB has created something beautiful for us and I will love it. I was just hoping we might get something a bit different.

Just now, Dorchet said:

If you do my scroll is Condorflight :)

And yours?

Same as my forum name, Andromen

I figured it would be easier for other people to guess my scroll haha

3 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

Yes. I got every single one grayed out for today. I suspect it refreshes every 24 hours. Who knows though?

So how many flowers did you get?

Just now, purplehaze said:

I realized I haven't yet said a huge thank you to TJ and the artists who came up with the beautiful dragons and flowers for this event! The dialogue with the dragons is so much fun, too! And thanks for giving us the chance again to send out greetings again. I think that is the best kind of event we get here (close second -- things like the snow fort!).

*sigh* It looks like we will have another pink dragon this year. Don't get me wrong. I am not ungrateful. The hatchie is really cute and well-done and I am sure JOTB has created something beautiful for us and I will love it. I was just hoping we might get something a bit different.

I agree. I was hoping for a non-Western and non-pink, but oh well.

Just now, Dorchet said:

I agree. I was hoping for a non-Western and non-pink, but oh well.

Maybe it will change colors when those "buds" begin to bloom? :D Fingers crossed?

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

AHHHHHHHHH, what an ADORABLE event! :D

I've been hoping to get another message-sending event for a while now, so that alone is great, but--eeee! These dragons! The profile images are so adorable (I second whoever said they'd make great forum avatars ^^), and have actually shown me details I'd never noticed on the original sprites, like Rosebuds seemingly being fluffy and Shimmers having fuzzy mustaches. They are all great, but special shout outs to that Blue Banded's snoot (never thought I'd love a blue banded so much! :D), that fierce Falcon, those Fire Gems, Mr. Handsome Khusa, Omens, Shadow Walkers, Snow, Script, Rosebud, and Sinii Krai. But most of all... THAT SAPPHIRE! Another case where I wasn't an avid collector of the actual dragon, but goodness, look at what a handsome feathery beast she is! :D 

But aside from the images--ahhh, I love the dialogue and cute flowers! It's so nice to have some interactions with the dragon breeds we all know and love! Love how some are like "I will get you the BEST FLOWER EVER" while others just hiss at you or are snarky brats like Eben, haha. Special shout outs (so far! :D) to Bro Zombie and very determined Pygmy. :'D

Thanks so much to spriters and coders for this! <33

I am really glad you like my Sapphire, I really had fun spriting her and show much more details than in the actual cave sprite.

I'm crossing my fingers the dragon will do a 180 and sprout some amazing non-pink colors. I'm starting to have problems remembering what VDay dragon names are since many sort of blend together.

And I was pleasantly surprised to find the flowers don't disappear when you send them! This is great, now I can throw sea anemones to people far and wide.

I'm glad you did the Sapphire for the event @Shajana! It is one of my favorite breeds in cave and I love getting to see more detail in certain dragons due to this event!

49 minutes ago, Ashywolf said:

Define "ALL".

I'm saving the conversation messages. But I'm not saving the scene introductions at the moment.

The flower intros are PRICELESS ! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS says the Olive...

Spoiler

B6NPoWr.png

NintendoSwitch_TLOZBreathoftheWild_Prese

This is great

Flower easter egg

Edited by Glaciarie

I'm sad about the reactions of some of them after you've gotten all their flowers :( I wish I could give them a flower in return!

Spoiler

I do love you Almerald dragon! I promise!

7 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:
  Hide contents

B6NPoWr.png

This is great

Flower easter egg

Wow, I thought it was just a reference to the "troll flower" by the same artist in a previous year:

latest?cb=20150529032550

Edited by Ashywolf

So far not overly impressed or interested in the new dragon. Its stage two seems cluttered with the flowers and plants, but I have to wait until the adults are shown to really judge the dragon.

11 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

B6NPoWr.png

This is great

Flower easter egg

Oh my God, how did I not realize that?! I thought it looked familiar but didn’t put two and two together! XD 

2 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

So far not overly impressed or interested in the new dragon. Its stage two seems cluttered with the flowers and plants, but I have to wait until the adults are shown to really judge the dragon.

*squints* Odd color combo but maybe it's just me. I really can't tell it's got flowers/plants all over it. At least it's a little darker? Can't wait to see the adult, though. ^_^