TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

My Valentine's notes are 100% dorky -- quotes from poems, Shakespeare, books, or just goofy puns about the card or flowers or dragons or whatever silly thing comes into my head.  I'm having way too much fun!

The individual personalities are SUCH a fun part of this event!  I love the close-up details of the dragons, seeing all their snouts and frills and horns and scales up close.  Agreed with angelicdragonpuppy -- it gives me a new appreciation of their design.  But the conversations are priceless!  I adore the poor little eager Pygmy, and seeing characters we know return, like our dear old Holly friend, and that mischievous Alt Black...  *shakes fist!*  And how some of the dragons cannot be fussed, while others love the idea.  That Sunsong is being a bit of a nudge! 

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

The Holly is the third dragon in the fourth row.  (pretty sure it's Janus actually)  All dragons are the same for everyone.

Oooh! I tought it was a Gemshard. My bad, my bad. I actually didn't notice the Chrono until the third time and I tought the dragons were changing. I would've loved to see a Soulpeace or a Carmine Wyvern, hehe.

3 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Am I a terrible person for laughing when the Plated Colossus stole a "Vinebiter" off an angry Vine dragon? XD

(And it's hard to laugh even a little when you're coughing yourself stupid.)

Absolutely not, I still laugh every time I see that in my collection.  lol

7 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I may or may not have been sending lyrics from the movie Coco and Loki quote parodies every now and then...

Loki? As in, Avengers handsome Hiddles Loki? :D 

For a moment I thought the new dragon was a two-head. :)

(Having a two-head holiday would be interesting, but would really limit the lineages. So I'm glad it's not.)

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Absolutely not, I still laugh every time I see that in my collection.  lol

There are a lot of really good ones here, but that has to be one of my favorites so far. I'm just picturing the angry, hissing, growling Vine trying to hassle the indifferent Colossus who just ignores it and continues eating food.

1 hour ago, Herk said:

OK those flower gathering dragons are awesome but I'm not sure I get ALL of them. Can someone help me with identifying them all? They seem to be MOSTLY ordered like the Encyclopedia but some stump me.

My list so far:

Aeon(?) - Almerald - Alt Black - Arsani - Balloon - Blacktip -  Bleeding Moon - Bluebanded

Blusang - Brimstone - Caligene - Chrono - Plateted Colossus - (?) - GoN (?) - Falconiform Wyvern

Gem Blue - Gem Green - Gem Red - Imperial Fleshrown - Gaia - Garland - Guardian - Heartseeker

HFW male (?) - HFW fem (?)- Holly - Horse - Khusa - Kingcrowne - Lumina (dark) - Lumina (light)

Magi - Mint - Mutamore - Nilia (?) - Olive - Omen - Pillow - Pink 

Pumpkin - Rosebud - Saphire - Script - Shadowwalker - Silver (?) - Sinii Krai - Snow

Spirit Ward - Storm-Rider - Sunsong - (?) - Ultraviolet - Yellowcrown - Zombie

This is what I came up with ;)

Almandine - Almerald - Alt Black - Arsani - Balloon - Blacktip -  Bleeding Moon - Blue-banded

Blusang - Brimstone - Caligene - Chrono - Colossus - Copper (red) - Dusk - Falco

Firegem (blue) - Firegem (green) - Firegem (red) - Fleshrown - Gaia - Garland - Guardian - Heartseeker

Hellfire (female) - Hellfire (male) - Holly - Horse - Khusa - Kingcrowne - Lumina (dark) - Lumina (light)

Magi - Mint - Mutamore - Nilia - Olive - Omen - Pillow - Pink 

Pygmy - Rosebud - Saphire - Script - Shadowwalker - Silver Shimmer - Sinii Krai - Snow

Spirit Ward - Storm-Rider - Sunsong - (Tetra or Tsunami?) - Ultraviolet - Yellowcrown - Zombie

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Loki? As in, Avengers handsome Hiddles Loki? :D 

Yup, it is he. ;) Sent you an extra one!

-

Now to wait for the new S2...

3 minutes ago, OrcaFreak said:

Almandine - Almerald - Alt Black - Arsani - Balloon - Blacktip -  Bleeding Moon - Blue-banded

Blusang - Brimstone - Caligene - Chrono - Colossus - Copper (red) - Dusk - Falco

Firegem (blue) - Firegem (green) - Firegem (red) - Fleshrown - Gaia - Garland - Guardian - Heartseeker

Hellfire (female) - Hellfire (male) - Holly - Horse - Khusa - Kingcrowne - Lumina (dark) - Lumina (light)

Pygmy - Rosebud - Saphire - Script - Shadowwalker - Silver Shimmer - Sinii Krai - Snow

Spirit Ward - Storm-Rider - Sunsong - (Teimmar) - Ultraviolet - Yellowcrown - Zombie

you can see what they are if you hover your mouse over them.  https://dragcave.net/valentines18/dragon/sunsong

2 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Yup, it is he. ;) Sent you an extra one!

-

Now to wait for the new S2...

Bless you :D <3

Also pffffffffft, this Omen and his puns! X'DD

Loving this event so bad! I keep sneaking away from my workbench just so I can get more flowers. ^^

Love the dialogues!

I'll be sending out Valentines when I get home. It's easier on the computer than on the phone.

3 minutes ago, OrcaFreak said:

Spirit Ward - Storm-Rider - Sunsong - (Tetra or Tsunami?) - Ultraviolet - Yellowcrown - Zombie

Thanks for the help - Zimtie pointed out to me though taht you can see the name in teh text that comes up when hovering your mouse - so I'm nowt confused anymore :)

Almandine - Almerald - Alt Black - Arsani - Balloon - Blacktip -  Bleeding Moon - Bluebanded

Blusang - Brimstone - Caligene - Chrono - Plated Colossus - Copper - Dusk Pygmy - Falconiform Wyvern

Gem Blue - Gem Green - Gem Red - Imperial Fleshrown - Gaia - Garland - Guardian - Heartseeker

HFW male - HFW fem - Holly - Horse - Khusa - Kingcrowne - Lumina (dark) - Lumina (light)

Pygmy - Rosebud - Saphire - Script - Shadowwalker - Shimmerscale - Sinii Krai - Snow

Spirit Ward - Storm-Rider - Sunsong - Teimarr - Ultraviolet - Yellowcrown - Zombie

Loving the event, so far; so much personality with the dragons - the snarky ones who couldn't care less make me laugh XD I love getting the new flowers and just sending them to random people :3 Some of my favorites are the cactus and tree, and the dialogue regarding them.

Edited by Natakiro

@Corteo love your Sinii Krai sprite so much! :D And while I'm here, let me thank you again for the glorious bratty narcissists that are Lumina dragons :'D <333

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Corteo love your Sinii Krai sprite so much! :D And while I'm here, let me thank you again for the glorious bratty narcissists that are Lumina dragons :'D <333

Hahaha thanks so much!  Glad you enjoy them.  :)

4 minutes ago, Corteo said:

Loving this event!  And super excited to see the adult vday.

As am I.

Love the Nilia headshot! Look at those scales, they're amazing. >_<

The Sunsong trying to play matchmaker with the Omen and the poor little mint.  Poor things going to be running scared for the rest of its life.  lol

2 minutes ago, Shuuichi said:

Hmm.. the Blusang is sad and doesn't chirp to me anymore. Why :(

Give him hugs.

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

The Sunsong trying to play matchmaker with the Omen and the poor little mint.  Poor things going to be running scared for the rest of its life.  lol

Sunsong was the second dragon I went to, but the actual horror of that pairing overlooked me until just now! I guess there's a reason Sunsongs aren't known for their matchmaking prowess! XD

4 minutes ago, Shuuichi said:

Hmm.. the Blusang is sad and doesn't chirp to me anymore. Why :(

He's just sad he doesn't have more flowers to give you :)