TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

I think these dragons are beautiful and wonderfully detailed! This Valentine's event was also one my favorites. Thanks to TJ and spriters for a great holiday :D

16 minutes ago, meirelle said:

Wait, the new hatchies are gendering female? That is so weird. I hope it gets fixed for the people affected. 

I do love the new sprites, though. But I'm partial to the pink and green color combination. 

TJ posted that it has been fixed across the board and they are all male now.  

thanks for the beautiful dragon.  was afraid by the egg it would resemble the glacewing but i really like this one.  wonderful colors and detail.  

also liked the valentine event.  thanks to everyone who organized it.  

Thanks for all your work on this event, spriters (especiallt the awesome Process for organizing a fun event like this!)

Edited by Dorchet

Oh... I wasn't quite sure what to expect with the flower theme or if I'd like it, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how awesome these new sprites look! I usually prefer dragons that look more like typical Western dragons, so these are absolutely wonderful to me. Thank you to the spriters and TJ for another lovely holiday dragon. :)

4 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Thanks for this! 

I didn't see this in the post - I apologize if I missed it. But who did this art?

valentines 2018 event.png

Sorry that was me

I'll fix that in a bit lol

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Sorry that was me

I'll fix that in a bit lol

It's lovely. Reminds me of old-fashioned children's book illustrations. :)

Thank you so much to the artists, especially for giving us all this wonderful art to use ;; That's the best Valentine's Gift of all

Is it just me or are v-day eggs hatching easier then normal this year? In general my eggs normally hatch with 1.5k views or so (though some take much more then that, like the zyus), usually don't even start cracking until 1k or so, but all these v-day dragons this past week... I currently have two eggs with stage 2 cracks both with less then 600 views (one has less then 500 right now). Is this happening for anyone else? (And I know dragons with very little time often need less views to hatch, but these guys aren't even ER-timed yet!)

Edited by HeatherMarie
clarification

I would like to thank for the invitation - I'm so happy that I could contribute to the site once again; it was the third time, if I remember correctly.  A huge thank you to the in-cave artists and other invites, and to TJ for making this event a reality. 

Hope you are all enjoying the event despite the glitch train and certain faux pas moments. I certainly am. This has been pretty insane. 

I love the extra Colossus art - he's adorable like a big dog with a stick. Good boy.

Two words about my plants:

Generally, my concepts were rather spontaneous. Just as for other invited artists, the details of the event were top secret, so it should be understandable that some flowers may resemble one another <3 

I'm not sure which one of the three plants is my favorite. I would say the Feather Aechmea, loosely based on the actual Aechmea - a popular houseplant - except made to look softer, fuller and fluffier, like a tuft of fur or a clump of decorative feathers. I assume it's nice to the touch. 

The Spiral Lily - also nicknamed Mrs Squiggles - takes the second place, I think. This one isn't really based on anything, I simply wanted something blue - which is my favorite color - and unusual looking. Maaaybe that was a personal reference for my own lilies. Just maybe.

And finally, the Glowbells, I think the concept behind them is pretty straightforward. 

I should be sleeping, yet I'm still here, kinda rambling. Oops. <3 Also, typos. 

Edited by Orchi'dea

On 15.2.2018 at 9:05 PM, Process said:

A credit post will be up in a few days

As for the omen portrait it was done by myself and birdzgoboom feel free to use it ^^

Better late than never lol, just saw your post, thanks very much! <3

1 minute ago, Kiwiana said:

Better late than never lol, just saw your post, thanks very much! <3

Lol it's fine, if you wonder about any other ones credits are now up here

Credits

surprise Its all of them you can use

4 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

:nyan:🔹🔷All hail Process, the Valentine artist of amazement!🔷🔹:rolleyes:

Couldn't have done this without the amazing writing team

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Couldn't have done this without the amazing writing team

Ah yes, and mighty congrats to the writing team as well!👍

Together, this event turned out to be one of the best ever!  (I just love writing those valentines!💗)

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

It does seem like this whole event was coordinated with this dragon release. But I thought no one but TJ, not even the spriter, knew ahead of time what the new dragon would be. I could be wrong there, though.

It could really easily just be TJ choosing a flower based dragon for a flower event or choosing the dragon and deciding flower event. Nobody has to know what the dragon is besides him in both situations. I feel like the spriter has to know though? Since they get alts that they have to edit. But of course I don't know that for a fact.

As far as the dragon. I love it. The green wings are great and the dark pink and the flowers, I just love it.

1 minute ago, Tinibree said:

It could really easily just be TJ choosing a flower based dragon for a flower event or choosing the dragon and deciding flower event. Nobody has to know what the dragon is besides him in both situations. I feel like the spriter has to know though? Since they get alts that they have to edit. But of course I don't know that for a fact.

As far as the dragon. I love it. The green wings are great and the dark pink and the flowers, I just love it.

Spriters usually come up with their Alts when they submit the idea, rather than after the fact :) 

Oooh, MY I just checked the first post. These are MAGNIFICENT.

*Wills her hatchies to grow up SOON!*

3 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Spriters actually only learn of if their dragon was picked the same time we do for holiday releases.

Either way my point still stands that TJ only needs to decide its a flower event for it to be linked to a flower dragon he choose to release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you so much for the invitation to contribute for this event! I'd never sprited any flowers before so I hope I didn't let anyone down.

The event turned out amazing, the writing, dragon portraits, other flowers and everything was great

I'm sorry for the second Zelda flower in the bunch but I just couldn't help making one, even though I was sure at least one other person would do one of their own but I had to ;-;

3 minutes ago, twol8sue said:

if there is supposed to 109 flowers and I have only 107 and all the dragons are greyed out, what am I missing? 

Did you check the shadow walker? Hes a bit tricky. ;)

Or the pygmy. Way down there...

Edited by Tiki G

4 minutes ago, Skellybones said:

Thank you so much for the invitation to contribute for this event! I'd never sprited any flowers before so I hope I didn't let anyone down.

The event turned out amazing, the writing, dragon portraits, other flowers and everything was great

I'm sorry for the second Zelda flower in the bunch but I just couldn't help making one, even though I was sure at least one other person would do one of their own but I had to ;-;

It was the only one duplicate flower and they were beyond perfect for the mint

Good accident 10/10

4 minutes ago, twol8sue said:

if there is supposed to 109 flowers and I have only 107 and all the dragons are greyed out, what am I missing? 

Possibly the shadow walker, a few different people have missed that one

Edited by Process

1 minute ago, Process said:

Good accident 10/10

Agree