TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Just now, evinin said:

Can you please advise - if you send a card with a flower, do you lose the flower?

Nope, you can send a flower as many time as you like. There are infinite copies of each flower.

8 minutes ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

The card event is still on, I thought it had already ended. When does it end?

20th at 23:59.

The new dragons are beautiful, i love the concept and spritework, but is it just me or does the face of the adult look oddly pinched?

1 minute ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

Thanks!

Hope I receive more cards then, I received so few :(

You can post here to get more:

Just back on DC-- TJ never got back to me about the PM I sent him last night about the female hatchies yet; I figure if it's this widespread he'll prolly address the forum directly tho. 
And yeh, I didn't notice any fogging or anything when mine gendered, I know with my second one, I just refreshed the scroll and it turned up female.

The adult sprites do look lovely to me; I kind of interpreted their face as having a sort of slim, foxy muzzle as opposed to a more streamed reptile like head, but I may be wrong. I often am.

47 minutes ago, Ashray said:

One Question: Does anyone have a file or screenshot from all the things the dragons say when they go to find flowers? They are cute and I would like at safe that, but I didn't think to make screenshots right from the start...

I'm actually doing this... luckily enough I got a few of the later ones on my own, and my girlfriend is letting my screencap them as she goes through and gets them herself. I'm planning to put all the responses and the flowers you get from each dragon in order, all in one image, so there will be one image for each dragon. I'm still trying to play around with it to see the best way of doing it.

I'm kinda afraid of how this Valentine hatchling wall will turn out.

All those Heartseekers...

At least hatchlings tend to go fast.

3 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I have heard nothing about males, which makes me suspect that this was a very poorly thought out way to introduce a breed that broke the pattern. I hope that's not the case and it's just a typo in the code or similar, but it's the only thing I can think of that would make only TJ having males make sense.

4 hours ago, catzrule1990 said:

Both of mine have gendered female. XD I hope it doesn't get fixed, purebred ones would be really cool next year. XD

ETA - IF there are males in the mix I mean, I misunderstood some posts and thought some people had both >.>

Sorry, this was 100% unintentional. As people have pointed out, the pattern for Valentine's dragons is alternating between the two each year.

I've fixed this, so all dragons should be male, as intended. now

My first look at this really fine looking Valentine's Day dragon all grown up, I love it!

That was a quick change!!

Edited by Bigbite

*paws at the Heartseekers* I would grab more but I'm scoll locked for a day or so.

but yea, the wall of non hoildays is going to be very interesting.

17 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I'm kinda afraid of how this Valentine hatchling wall will turn out.

All those Heartseekers...

At least hatchlings tend to go fast.

I was beginning to run low on Incubates hatching and re-releasing messy heartseekers. And that's no easy feat. 

I myself am kinda wondering why Heartseekers are the ones clogging the AP. I mean, that's not a knock on the breed, I'm rather fond of them. Just kind of wonder what kind of factors favor a high number of Heartseeker offspring over other breeds. A high number of current DC users were there for its original release? Do they look good with so many different species that one can end up with so many different lineages very easily? Sheer chance? Eh. There's probably so many variables I probably can't even begin to guess, not to mention the fact that I'm not very bright to begin with.

31 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Sorry, this was 100% unintentional. As people have pointed out, the pattern for Valentine's dragons is alternating between the two each year.

I've fixed this, so all dragons should be male, as intended. now

Hooray! So glad this was fixed: I don't have to alter all my mock-checkers nor do I have to change breeding plans thanks to this :) 

29 minutes ago, DorkJulian said:

I was beginning to run low on Incubates hatching and re-releasing messy heartseekers. And that's no easy feat. 

I myself am kinda wondering why Heartseekers are the ones clogging the AP. I mean, that's not a knock on the breed, I'm rather fond of them. Just kind of wonder what kind of factors favor a high number of Heartseeker offspring over other breeds. A high number of current DC users were there for its original release? Do they look good with so many different species that one can end up with so many different lineages very easily? Sheer chance? Eh. There's probably so many variables I probably can't even begin to guess, not to mention the fact that I'm not very bright to begin with.

I think Heartseekers and Arsanis (and Lurkers) all hit the sweet spot where they’ve been around for a long time, allowing their numbers to grow, but also aren’t so old that they were released before DC had a sizeable userbase. Ie there were a lot to begin with and they’ve had a lot of time to grow higher in numbers, too. Someone mentioned that logic during Halloween and it makes sense.

I love Heartseekers, and Lurkers make some darn nice checkers—so I wouldn’t mind if so many weren’t so messy! XD 

Beautiful adults, congrats to the artist on a beautiful release. Thank to everyone involved for the organization of a truly enjoyable Valentine event, the flower gathering and card sending was very fun.

OH MY GOSH! THE ADULTS! ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

I also love the super long description - very detailed. Great work creators (haven't stalked the thread yet to see who made them/designed them)!

Wait, the new hatchies are gendering female? That is so weird. I hope it gets fixed for the people affected. 

I do love the new sprites, though. But I'm partial to the pink and green color combination. 

Oohh thanks for posting the credits! I think it's so interesting that multiple people worked on these avatars and yet they all fit together so well.