TJ09

2018-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Maybe because some dragons snack on flowers? Or maybe because they know how weird humans are and think humans eat flowers (even though humans have been known to use flowers for herbal medicines).

Quite a lovely Valentine's Day event. I do enjoy these flower sending events quite a bit, and this one with so many ways different ways to decorate the outgoing messages.

Thank-you to TJ and all those creative artisan scribes who contributed to another great DC event!!

... I picked up a Heartstealing. I was doing so good! I guess it was too much to ask to resist them the entire event. (I have more then enough, don't need anymore, but they are my favorites!)

Phew! Catching up with this thread is hard. Planning on collecting the rest of the flowers before sending out more cards. 'u'

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Why do so many dragons assume I'm going to eat the flowers? lol This is just way too much fun. To be honest I never really enjoyed the flower-related games in the past, but this one has me *completely* addicted.

Maybe because most dragons are likely pure carnivores and aren't overly familiar with human customs they have only a fuzzy idea of what omnivores eat and don't eat.

Edited by blockEdragon

36 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

The Dark Lumina wants to eat me. 

And the flower it found apparently makes a good seasoning. :lol:

3 minutes ago, DarkLadyNyara said:

Only now do I realize the joke.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Why do so many dragons assume I'm going to eat the flowers? lol This is just way too much fun. To be honest I never really enjoyed the flower-related games in the past, but this one has me *completely* addicted.

Maybe we look like pests to them...

This is sort of hilarious. I have my egg limit page open while hunting the AP, but when I get an egg and refresh it it keeps staying the same (or the total going down!) because things are hatching and growing up! It is now past 1am here, but I don't have to work tomorrow so what the heck.

I hadn't realized you could get more than one type of flower per dragon until now, does anyone know how many flowers there actually are? BTW, I'm loving the comments the dragons make :)

4 minutes ago, raevela said:

I hadn't realized you could get more than one type of flower per dragon until now, does anyone know how many flowers there actually are? BTW, I'm loving the comments the dragons make :)

Just now, Dorchet said:

Oh good grief, I have SOOO many left to get!

Just now, raevela said:

Oh good grief, I have SOOO many left to get!

Don't worry to much though, you have a week until the 20th at 11:59 PM DC time to get them all. ^.^

18 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

Don't worry to much though, you have a week until the 20th at 11:59 PM DC time to get them all. ^.^

AND the doommonger who announced that we would get new ones every day was wrong (so far). Thank GOD ! (Stayed up to get all 109, just in case...)

isn't it odd that all these dragons happen to understand human language despite being "wild"?

isn't it odd that SNOWA never talks?

Dragons do not talk, they are telepathic.

Therefore it is my head-cannon that SNOWA uses telepathy like a dragon instead, this is why all dragons seemingly understand her despite having no reason to learn what would be the dragon equivalent of us learning dolphin speak.

She speaks the language of dragons with a seemingly innate talent and therefore, SNOWA is the dragonborn and all the dragons are just going along with what she asks so that they are on her good side once she finds out about her abilities.

"Oh you steal dragon souls to learn our powers? Wow SNOWA that sure is cool, you know what else is cool? FLOWERS! Like the ones I brought you despite having a million better things to do! Good times right PAL?..Right...Pal? SNOWA?..SNOWA I don't like the way your blankly staring vaguely in my direction!"

Edited by blockEdragon

1 hour ago, DarkLadyNyara said:

Omg I know, right? And they keep encouraging us to eat the flowers. They want us to season ourselves, the sneaky things. 

My flower-collecting quest is complete! I've been sending out a bunch of lyrics from 'When We're Together(Olaf's Frozen Adventure)'; they fit well with the Valentine theme, even though the original lyrics aren't romantic. :D

Will say, it sure is nice having every single Valentine’s dragon as a pair of caveborns. I really love the rereleases and hope that will continue through to this Halloween and beyond!

been sending out a bunch of cards with jokes on the flower type like the time blossom and sunflower, hope one of you get one! i wanted to join in on the fun of puns and jokes <3

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Same

I love the made up flowers but I'm also kinda sad I can't look up Victorian flower meanings for them....

Oh oh! I forgot to ask- if anyone could send me clever messages or puns with the Aurora Snowflake or Dahlia that would be lovely! <3

I wish it was possible to delete cards. Someone send me a lovely card: "Love stinks". My name literally means love so it's really upsetting. I know it's a small thing that shouldn't make me feel sad, but I can't help it.

UPD. We worked it out, that's a misuderstanding.

Edited by Jem4ujina

3 minutes ago, Jem4ujina said:

I wish it was possible to delete cards. Someone send me a lovely card: "Love stinks". My name literally means love so it's really upsetting. I know it's a small thing that shouldn't make me feel sad, but I can't help it.

I wonder if they sent that message because of the flower they chose, since some of them are described as having a bad scent? I don't know if that helps at all, but their intention might've been to match the message to the flower and make the recipient laugh, not realizing that might upset someone =/