Thecrapinthehat

Which Breed (Or Breeds) Of Dragon Is Your Favorite?

I love Glaucus drakes, they're adorable! Scimitar-Wings and Celestials too.

Holiday favorites: Holly, Heartseeker, Omen wyrm

On 2/24/2018 at 12:12 PM, SuperSimoholic said:

Waterhorses. I don't even know why, I'm not particularly fond of horses or water in real life. I guess I just love the way they look, every sprite is my favourite.

Ah yes, Waterhorses! Proud to have one as my first breed!

18 hours ago, Thecrapinthehat said:

Ah yes, Waterhorses! Proud to have one as my first breed!

I honestly don't remember what my first dragon was, my current scroll is like 8-9 years old and some years ago I released all but a handful of dragons, and I'm pretty sure I had a scroll before that, even. I remember when pygmies were "new".

Either way, Waterhorses outnumber all the other dragons on my scroll now!

My favorite species of dragon has to be Mint! I love just how adorably cute they are!

It's so difficult to decide! Alt Blacks have been a long time favourite. I also like Seasonals (especially Autumn), Striped, BBW, Trihorns, Teimarr, Brutes, Howler Drakes, Cassares, Anagallis, Monarch and Script.

That's quite a lot ...  :lol:

Edited by Chococat0815

I've always liked both types of Luminas! I also love both colors of Ridgewings, Blacks, Whites, Soulstones, Frostbites, Electrics, and Turpentines as well... it's really hard for me to decide.

Almost certainly Blusangs, considering my growing hoard of 37 of them, of which only 3 are non-CB. I also really love Fire Gems, particularly the blue ones. Sunsongs are also one of my favorites, probably only slightly influenced by the fact that my very first Dragon was one. XD

My favorite Valentine's breed is hands-down Heartstealings, favorite holiday breed is, uhhh, honestly I don't really know, and favorite Halloween would either be Graves, Omens, Shadow Walkers, or Black Marrows. Or maybe Caligenes. Honestly I can't decide.

As for other breeds that I really like but don't actively collect to the same extent as I do Blusangs, there are Coppers (especially the rainbow ones), Frostbites, Carinae, Embers, Risensongs and Setsongs, Hellhorses, Bluebandeds, and male Black-Capped Teimarrs. I really love s1 Coastal Waverunner hatchies, too; they're just so cute!

Hm.  I rather like Frills, Sinii Krai (in terms of numbers, I probably have the most of them on my scroll), Radiant Angels, Pebbles (Greens), Graves, Mistletoes, Garlands, Kingcrownes, Soulstones, Caligenes . . .

Suffice it to say, I like a lot of them.

Edited by tiny_gremlin

I can't pick just one or two ...

Almerald, Azure Glacewing, Bauta, Black Tea, Blusang Lindwurm, Bright-Breasted Wyvern, Brimstone, Cassare, Common Pygmy, Crimson Flare Pygmy, Dark Myst Pygmy, Ember, Frilled (female), Frostbite, Gemshard, Geode, Gilded Bloodscale, Glaucus Drake, Glory Drake (Day), Glory Drake (Night), Gold-horned Tangar, Golden Wyvern, Green, Guardian Avatar (Change), Guardian, Harvest, Heartseeker, Heartstealing, Hellhorse, Snow Angel, Aegis, Snow, Garland, Honey Drake, Imperial Fleshcrowne, Kyanite Pygmy, Lunar Herald, Morphodrake, Nexus, Nhiostrife Wyvern, Ochredrake, Omen Wyrm, Prize (Eastern), Pyralspite (especially Spessartine), Radiant Angel, Red, Ridgewing (female), Rosebud, Royal Blue, Royal Crimson, Script, Seawyrm Pygmy, Shadow Walker, Silver, Sinomorph, Skywing, Soulpeace, Soulstone, Speckle-Throated, Split, Stone, Storm, Striped, Striped-river, Sunrise, Sunset, Sunsong Amphiptere, Sunstone, Tarantula Hawk Drake, Tetra, Tsunami Wyvern, Turpentine, Two-headed Lindwurm, Water, Waterhorse, White, Xenowyrm (Gaia), Xenowyrm (Mageia), Zyumorph (yellow)

So far Blusangs are my all time favorite. I can't get enough of em. White dragons, Royal Blues, and Celestials would rank in second place.

My absolute favorite ones are Kingcrownes, Caligenes, Radiant Angels and Siyats. :wub:

Edited by Sazandora

I have to reply to this since my faves have changed now that there are more breeds!

I really love some original ones, like Dark greens, Dark green alts, Greens, Reds, Mints ad Hollies ❤ They just remind me so much of the old times.

Other than those *starts scrolling through scroll* I really love these newer breeds: Baikalas, Fire Gems, Freckleds, Laculas, Leodons, Aethers, Bautas, Blancbacks, Florets, Melismors and Pipios ❤️, Carinas, Arcanas ans Starsingers.

I like Guardians, Seasonals, Arcanae, female Trihorns, male Black Marrows, and Antareans!

White is my absolute favorite. Silver, but CB are so hard to find. Sweetling, even though I have none. XD 

Aeons are my all-time favourite. 

Western: Celestial/Witchlight

Wingless: Aegis/Ash

Eastern: Lihnseyre

Wyvern: Aeon

Lindwyrm: Two-headed/Kovos

Wyrm: Xenos, Chrono in particular 

Amphiptere: Aeria Gloris 

Pygmy: Kovos/Magelight

Drake: Glacus

Two-headed: Gilded Bloodscale/Lindwyrm

In no particular order:

Aria, Candelabra, Celestial, Ember, Lunar Herald, Monarch, Nebula, Winter, Spirit Ward, Sunsong, Carina, Ice, Gold, Silver, Tinsel, Cheese, Neglected, Paper, Undead, Heart-Stealing, Floral Crowned, Vampire, Pumpkin, Shadow Walker, Grave, Caligene, Holly, Yulebuck, Snow Angel, Solstice, Mistletoe, Garland.

What, just one favorite? That doesn't work for me.

I've also noticed that, over the years, my preferences change. Plus, there's always another new dragon I really like - and I don't really bother to decide whether I like that new dragon better than an older favorite.

However, there are some traits in dragons that I always appreciate: 

• good pose, easily discernible body parts
  • good anatomy
  • vibrant and distinctive colors

Naturally, Water Walkers. Nearly at 1000! I also love Blacks, Nebulas and Falconiforms. As for Holidays, I adore Black Marrows, Radiant Angels and Hollies

*points to sig* I posted in this thread awhile back about my love for Royal Blues, but I now have a new army. I think Aqualises are just so beautiful, they are the best 'shiny' breed on DC imo. 

Dorsals (I keep all Dorsals I find even if they're purple and not red), Nebulas (Especially the blue + green ones, but I love all of them), Carinas, Gilded Bloodscales (I love their personalities), Lunar Heralds (especially the blue + silver ones, but I like them all), Moonstones (The females look like they're dancing, and the males are just so beautiful-looking), Royal Blues, Shadow Walkers, Vampires, Chicken, Neglected (I think they look cool)

My top five at the moment are definitely Guardians, female Hellfires, Tercorns, male Soulpeaces, and Lunar Heralds. Guardians were my very first fave and have been treasured on my scroll ever since I started playing in 2009. I love the fiery Hellfires; who could resist turquoise flames and matriarchy? Not me, for sure. As for Lunar Heralds, they're attuned to the moons and come with holographic optical illusions. That's the aesthetic, sign me up. Tercorns are my latest obsession: the sprite is just gorgeous. Just look at those scales! And the whiskers! I'm in love. Let's not even get me started on the perfection that is the male Soulpeace. If I could only have a CB one...

My favourite colour also makes me biased: I like Aethers, Aqualises, Azure Glacewings, Moonstones, Royal Blues, Striped Rivers etc. I'm also fond of many purple and pink sprites such as Thalassas, Sunsongs, female purple Florets, Scripts, and Risensongs.

Edited by Aie

I love so many breeds but my tipity top favourite has to be the terrae dragon, it's just so beautiful and green and beautiful 😍🐉

Edited by Bloommist