Cassie_Fenix

Braided Sweets Lineage - TBS Feb '19

Well, with the new change to the Alt Sweets owners where we can only get Alt Sweets from Alt Sweets, I have to say that my original project for alternating Sweets is sadly closed, though if any Pink owners still want to continue it on their side, please let me know!

However, with this new change comes a new idea for this: Braided Sweets.

What is this, you might ask? Well, here's how it'll go:

Start off with two pairs of 2G Sweets - That is, two 2G Alt Sweets and two 2G Sweets, along with four pairs of Female Pinks. Two bred from Normal Sweets and two bred from Alt Sweets.

One each from the Alt Sweets and the Normal Sweets as well as one Pink from each of the Alt Sweets and Sweets will be paired up (so that you have an alt Sweet and Sweet for each resulting third gen). These will be bred on Valentines (or during the week of the Valentine's Release, as they always have been) to get an Alt Sweet and a normal Sweet. the other pair is bred off season for more Female Pinks.

The following Valentine's, those 3G Pinks and 3G Sweets (both alt and normal) are bred to get fourth gens, and the process repeats the following year but with different parings so not to get any inbreding going on.

If anyone wants to help me get the second gen Pinks from Sweets x Pinks and Alt Sweets x Pinks, let me know. Also, if anyone wants either a 3G or 4G or wants to participate next year, please also PM me so I can put you on a list to notify when the project starts!

Thanks again, and let's hope this project goes swimmingly.

If you need somebody to help breed 2nd gens now from CB Sweets, I have two that haven’t been bred, and I may be able to get a third egg. Am I right in thinking that the eggs would be from Sweet x Pink? Not Sweet x Sweet?

55 minutes ago, jinglepupskye said:

If you need somebody to help breed 2nd gens now from CB Sweets, I have two that haven’t been bred, and I may be able to get a third egg. Am I right in thinking that the eggs would be from Sweet x Pink? Not Sweet x Sweet?

That;s right. What I mean by "Braided Sweets" is that the alternating Sweets (alt and normals) will show up in each generation:
For an idea of what I mean, check this third gen I've done. See how it has a Alt Sweetling and a regular Sweetling in the first gen? When I get another pairing of Alt Sweetlings and Sweetlings, I'll breed the Sweetling next year for a Sweetling and the Alt Sweetling for a Pink out of season for the third gens.