Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:PM links to go to LAST post in PM, please ?

On 2/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Is there any way, any option or something, to make the forum go to the actual unread PM in a conversation when you click on the notification? The little letter icon at the top, when it shows I have a new message and I click on that message, it takes me to the very beginning of that conversation. Then I have to scroll all the way down to find the most recent reply, which gets very annoying with longer conversations.

Is it possible to have the forum software do this ? The question HM posted was getting buried in TLQ, and now that we have these nightmare "conversations" it is becoming a real annoyance - the link saying you have a new message (or indeed the message link in your inbox) the  takes you to the first page of the message and then you have to go to the - in my case - page 4 or something. NOT very intuitive, and a pain in the **** :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Agreed, this would be so much more convenient and less annoying, as well as just.... plain common sense.

Yes. I agree that this would be useful.

I am unsure why this isn't already the case but.. +1 support from JavaTigress.

Yes please! It shows the last pm in email notification, but not once we're on the forum. I have some long convos and it's much better than having to click through pages or start a new convo.

Yes, please, if possible.

I honestly thought that it did it that way when we first got the new forum software, but I could be wrong. I am thinking of the Secret Santa account and the running message we have going among the mods. I thought at first it was taking me to the most recent message and then changed at some point. I guess I could be wrong and it is just that the thing has grown so massive (843 messages, 34 pages) that I have lost track.

Edited by purplehaze

Thanks for making the topic, fuzz! It really is completely counter-intuitive, to have the notification of a *new* message lead you to *old* messages. It normally wouldn't be an issue for me since I never used to PM much, but starting to trade more means way more PM conversations then before, and I finally started noticing just how frustrating this was.

I agree with this suggestion.

I seriously hate this message system just like Fuzz always warned us we would. I so wish keeping the old system could have been an option.

Support here, too! I've got message threads that go on for pages now, and to click my notification in my inbox and be taken to the first page is very confusing and irritating.

I would absolutely love this. My friend and I have a massive conversation and it's kind of annoying that it won't take me directly to the unread bit. It's not hard to get there, but it would still be really nice if it would just take me straight to the new message.

It looks like the forum software tries to do this when you usage the message dropdown, but a bug prevented it from working properly.

I've fixed this, so clicking from notifications will work. The normal conversation list on the message page is unchanged.

9 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

It looks like the forum software tries to do this when you usage the message dropdown, but a bug prevented it from working properly.

I've fixed this, so clicking from notifications will work. The normal conversation list on the message page is unchanged.

Thank you.  That will make it much easier.