JavaTigress

Suggestions for Sweets

5 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

So a bad decision from 8 years ago is enforced by someone who doesn’t play any more. Meh. As I’ve said before I am a writer and artist myself with a host of characters I’m dearly attached to, but I think things submitted to a game played by thousands should, within reason, work for the improvement of the game above all else.

The game certainly won’t die without spreading them around... but it would have given thousands another beautiful sprite to collect and play with. 

Edit: it’s also pretty sad how a discussion that was rational, usually civil, even friendly gets a response that’s essentially “stop whining or I’ll pull all of them, you greedy children.” How kind. How DARE we want to collect a pretty sprite on a game that has little to offer beyond collecting pretty sprites.

I like Sweetlings, but this whole thing is making me feel Solstice-retirement-level sour towards them.

Agreed. I've been quietly reading the read. Hoping everyone would get a chance to get them. But it seems TJ got his way due to the artist finally giving an answer. The response seems rather cold to me. But I'm glad we finally got one.

WB 

Well, you can't always win. The artist said no to everyone getting alt Sweets, so there's nothing we can do about it -- other than let it go and move on.

The anger in me thinks that too, but really... I’d be sad to see them go.

I wonder if alt sweet owners would prefer staying the current course or going back to the old way that allows for alternating lineages? I don’t begrudge them having both, I really don’t. This is as out of their hands as the original glitch was.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Well ... this is a DC-related discussion about DC things.

Sure isn't too unreasonable to discuss this on the DC-related forums (and emailing through the forum isn't possible anymore).

Ok so... I’ll admit the only answer that would have really satisfied me would have been allowing rerelease (because I still think the logic behind keeping them closed off is poor). But as frustrating as a “no, sorry, please don’t ask any more” answer would have been, it would’ve been better than being straight up insulted and THREATENED. You want to collect my pretties?! Greedy brats! Ask again and they’re ALL gone! Speaks a lot for the person who said it, IMO.

And yes, I believe more people didn’t contact her because a few had already said they had. She thinks a few messages are annoying, yet complains we didn’t send more? Hm hm hm.

I’m going to step away a bit too, I still enjoy DC and think it’s been improving on the whole, but this is just... blech.

Well, it seems that settles that.  The decision may be unpopular but it is what it is.

I am going to leave this quote from Kila's post here, as it sums it up without the rest of the abrasiveness, and remove the rest since it is only going to cause problems.  After that, I will close the topic.  If something changes (which I doubt at this point) then I or another mod will re open it.

So I think a fair compromise here is to have alts scroll locked. People with alts will only have alts, people with pinks will only have pinks.