Starscream

Do you Make wine or Brew your Own?

I planned to bottle this morning - but I was feeling unwell enough to head to the hospital. Anyway, we bottled this evening. We got about 58 bottles - its a european styled lager. Our first attempt. I was not happy with the way the caps were on, so I went over htem a second time, and I think the way we did it the first time was the problem - I could flick the caps off with my thumb- but now its on good and tight. We tasted a bit of the beer that was left over...

Now we have to wait 2 - 4 weeks for it to carbonate.

28234987_10156301119770406_5021644402148

I have bottled my first batch of experimental mead... it looks pretty, very potent. Needs to age. Small bottles, 375ml

mead.jpg

Ooh, mead! I must get a plane ticket and pay you a visit.

Does kombucha count for this thread as brewing?

I was intending to bottle my blueberry mead, but I got the wrong bottles. So its gonna bulk age.

I hopefully will bottle my wine tomorrow, exchange the bottles, rack off the strawberry rhubarb mead and stabalise it.

tonight I did bottle my blond ale. .

I am finally going to bottle my Gewürztraminer tomorrow, and start to brew and IPA. The Gewürztraminer ended up being bulk aged in the carboy over the summer because I never got around to bottling it. I just racked it this evening, and had a taste of the result, and its pretty smooth.

fermentation chaos... I started a stout yesterday, the yeast seemed lively... boy is it lively... this is what I came home to tonight.

20181129_213725.jpg

Edited by Starscream

Pending: experiment 1 Dark Beer.

Coke Beer.

I work in a restaurant and one of our coke syrup bags was punctured, we can't fix it - they tried and it got bigger.  So I got a gallon plus some (for soda stream) and will attempt to make a beer with the syrup (as the sugar/flavour component) I will obtain some dark Malt and try out a 1 gallon batch -I probably will prime the beer with the syrup.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, Starscream said:

Well, the guy at the winestore I go to, makes Kombucha -  so it counts :P

I am starting the Merlot and a Brown Ale tonight.

My family makes kombucha. My grandma was really good at it before she passed away. 

I want to to make some muscadine wine one day. That could be yummy. I’m not sure I have as much patience as you guys have. 

It might be fun to brew wine or beer, but the only thing I brew at home is Tea or Coffee...

13 hours ago, Evangeline said:

My family makes kombucha. My grandma was really good at it before she passed away. 

I want to to make some muscadine wine one day. That could be yummy. I’m not sure I have as much patience as you guys have. 

its not really time consuming to do. Especially with the kits. The wine is actually quite drinkable after you bottle it. My mead on the other wing, is where hte patience lies, because that can take a year to age. I hope ot get more lemon ginger made in a larger batch for next cold season. When my husband was sick, I gave him the mead.

Man, I wish we lived nearby. I’d buy some from you. Do you actually sell it? Or is it just for pleasure. (Sorry if you’ve mentioened this previously. I didn’t see)