TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

I just need 2 Sweetlings and one Rosebud, and I can finally be done with these past holiday biomes. 🙇 Never again! :lol:

20 minutes ago, Toyo said:

The last drop will be at 11:55PM cave time, though, so don't wait until the laaaast minute!

During Halloween, drops stopped early, too - I don't remember the exact details, but there were no 5 min drops toward the end of the last hour? 

That is true. There was a glitch and they didn't drop at all, soooo I'd suggest getting anything whenever you are able to, just in case there are any more glitches.

Just now, Fireyprincess1 said:

Is it risky using "Earthquake" on val eggs??

I'd say so. If they die, you can't get any more for another 24 hours. Plus they're only around once a year.

1 minute ago, Fireyprincess1 said:

Is it risky using "Earthquake" on val eggs??

I don't risk that on *any* eggs, but especially holidays.

In another topic it's discussed that dead CB holidays continue to count towards the CB limit for the full 2 weeks they are on your scroll (and possibly even after??), so I *definitely* wouldn't risk Earthquake if you have any CBs at all.

edit: ..... I have been unlocked for over an hour (two eggs hatched) and somehow it totally didn't even occur to me that the eggs hatching meant I could hunt the AP again! Duuuh!

Edited by HeatherMarie

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

In another topic it's discussed that dead CB holidays continue to count towards the CB limit for the full 2 weeks they are on your scroll (and possibly even after??), so I *definitely* wouldn't risk Earthquake if you have any CBs at all.

Huh i thought dead eggs only count for 24hrs only? 

5 minutes ago, Fireyprincess1 said:

Huh i thought dead eggs only count for 24hrs only? 

They count towards your *overall egg limits* for 24 hours, but because christmas and v-day dragons have an overall CB limit, as long as the egg is associated with your scroll it will still count towards that limit.

37 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

edit: ..... I have been unlocked for over an hour (two eggs hatched) and somehow it totally didn't even occur to me that the eggs hatching meant I could hunt the AP again! Duuuh!

Lucky you. I had two hatch and was JUST about to do some of my remaining breeding when the horrible truth dawned. I was not EGG locked, I was - and still am - SCROLL locked. Thank goodness I noticed in time :blink:

I had four Radiant Angels go straight to the AP because I didn't realise...

Oh woe. Do you need replacements ? Could do later...

Lol. I didn't realize I didn't have a second CB Arsani. Went to the Valentine's biome to grab one and didn't know which one it was, so I clicked on the first one, and BAM! Arsani egg!

I just need one more CB Soulstone and I'll have my limit of all of the CBs!

I get the feeling that I'm in the minority, so am I the only hoping that we don't get a two-headed/pygmy/drake breed for Valentines? I love having ample mate options, which those types definitely don't offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another pretty Eastern :P

Edited by The Dragoness

I don’t want any Two-Head, Drake or Pygmy holiday dragons either. I mean I get why (Unique) But I much prefer the normal species for holiday dragons.

Edited by Dorchet

51 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Lucky you. I had two hatch and was JUST about to do some of my remaining breeding when the horrible truth dawned. I was not EGG locked, I was - and still am - SCROLL locked. Thank goodness I noticed in time :blink:

Oh goodness, glad you noticed in time! The only reason I'm *not* scroll-locked by now is because I've been doing so much trading/gifting that I haven't gotten as many for myself as I could've by this point.

Speaking of... how long is it customary to wait for a response to a trade for a specific person? I've been making trading deals with people for v-day and PMed this person a trade link over 24 hours ago. I don't want to just cancel a trade, especially since I know lots of people are egg locked at the moment so maybe that's why I haven't gotten a response, but that egg is tying up an important slot.

THANK YOU TJ - for the re-release of prior year's Holiday dragons in the cave.

I was sooo SUPER EXCITED when I was able to get my first CB Holly last Christmas!

And now I've just gotten a few of the CB Valentine's dragons I missed out on earlier.

I still have a few to go...  but I am glad I even get the chance!

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh goodness, glad you noticed in time! The only reason I'm *not* scroll-locked by now is because I've been doing so much trading/gifting that I haven't gotten as many for myself as I could've by this point.

Speaking of... how long is it customary to wait for a response to a trade for a specific person? I've been making trading deals with people for v-day and PMed this person a trade link over 24 hours ago. I don't want to just cancel a trade, especially since I know lots of people are egg locked at the moment so maybe that's why I haven't gotten a response, but that egg is tying up an important slot.

I give it 24 hours. I warn them of that when I agree to breed.

man what the heck is up with the cb mutamores ? I have been hunting for the past two hours and haven't seen a single one in the v-day cave. I only need one more egg to complete all my cb sets @__@ 

anyone else been having any issues finding them?  

*edit* finally caught one after posting. still only saw a grand total of one egg today- and i have been sitting pretty on the 5 min drops for quite a while as well as being there for 3 top-of-the-hour-drops. yeesh.

Edited by Sylviadragon

Hmm, I only saw one mutamore throughout the hour and :05 drop... It seems that earlier the more recent year's eggs were way more prominent and now I'm seeing a lot more '09s and sweetlings then before.

32 minutes ago, wonderwanders2 said:

THANK YOU TJ - for the re-release of prior year's Holiday dragons in the cave.

I was sooo SUPER EXCITED when I was able to get my first CB Holly last Christmas!

And now I've just gotten a few of the CB Valentine's dragons I missed out on earlier.

I still have a few to go...  but I am glad I even get the chance!

I feel the same way! I was SO HAPPY to finally have a CB Holly. Not to mention CB Graves, which are my second favorite Halloween dragon ever and which I managed to miss the year they dropped. *hugs her dragons* I have a complete set of CBs now for all Holidays (except for one Pumpkin I think...but although they're cute I wasn't extremely attached to them so I don't mind waiting to get another until next Halloween.)

I'm a completionist at heart so the ability to have those is part of what rejuvenated my love for this game (I've been playing this off and on for over a decade, haha.)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

24 hours is probably ideal. 

YES! Got my fill of CBs ( A BIG thank you shout out to those that helped me by gifting, you generous individuals know who you are ;) )

NOW! :) For the maine event, and the new Val!

Wonder what it will look like. 

Not much longer till the new Valentine and the event starts (still think the event should start when breeding starts), but until then I’ve been hunting the AP for Sweetlings and Heartstealers to have experiments for zombies.