TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Ooohhh black and purple! That would be awesome. 

I too often would've liked the alt's coloring to be the main coloring... Some of those alts have *gorgeous* colors. And while we do have a few v-day breeds whose colors 'pop', there are also multiple breeds with fairly muted colors. I'd love to see bolder color choices in the future (like some of the alts).

Black and magenta or neon pink would be cool too. Basically, my inner child hopes for Valentine's that are Lisa Frank colored one day.

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Black and magenta or neon pink would be cool too. Basically, my inner child hopes for Valentine's that are Lisa Frank colored one day.

That would be so incredibly awesome!

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Lisa Frank, yes!! Valentine's dragons with Lisa Frank colors would be awesome! (I still use some of my old Lisa Frank folders, the colors are so bright and fun!)

46 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

Black would be awesome, I agree!

Black Vday derg would be epic!

*whispers* Also is that Valon from YuGiOh! (original series Waking the Dragons arc)

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I love Lisa Frank stuff. *.*

32 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Ooohhh black and purple! That would be awesome. 

I think that is such an awesome combination that it was the colors of my wedding dress.  Heh.

29 minutes ago, CaesarZeppeli said:

Black Vday derg would be epic!

*whispers* Also is that Valon from YuGiOh! (original series Waking the Dragons arc)

Please give us a black Valentines dragon.

And yes, that is Valon from Waking the Dragons! He's my favorite of the three from that season. :>

A big +1 to more variety in Valentines dragons. So far we have 6 pink-based dragons, 1 red-based dragon, 1 white-based dragon, and 1 purple-based dragon (and 1 black-based dragon if you count alts). Even if we stuck to traditionally valentine's day colors (white, pink, red), it's still heavily skewed towards pinks. Not that there's anything wrong with pink (and I do like all of the Valentines dragons we have so far); I just prefer more variety.

I would love either a chocolate, black (think anti-Valentines), or white breed this year. Don't get me wrong, I would be head over heels for an adorable light pink dragon like the Sweets, but...variety is the spice of life. I would like to see something that still relates to the holiday though :)

Yessss a black themed Valentine's dragon would be amazing! I've gazed longingly at the alt Sweetings for years.  We need a black widow sort of love. ♥

11 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

We need a black widow sort of love. ♥

I'm just sitting here staring at your comment, thinking to myself... The story between Black Widow and Winter Soldier is legit why I won't read 99% of comics because depressing! LOL
Also thinking along the lines of this. Black Widow? Deadly spider. Black Widow? Marvel character. Black widow? Female serial killer. Maybe not a "black widow" sort of love? lol

But a widow on V-day idea in general for a black V-day dragon would be different and interesting I think. :)

I wouldn't mind something yellow colored for v-day, or perhaps teal blue/teal green. Funnily enough, yellow is one of my least favourite colors (depending on the shade really). However, when it comes to roses, aside from 'rainbow roses' (RAINBOW V-DAY DRAGON YES? *I know someone said Lisa Frank!*), yellow roses are my favourite. Of the more natural colors one see's anyway. Again, rainbow, but also purple (as in purple, not some shade of pink) and blue roses are fave's as well. I wouldn't mind some form of blue v-day dragon, but there's so many Christmas dragon's with blue now.

A soft-yellow v-day dragon could be very nice. When I was a kid I 'liked' bright yellow colors just to annoy my grandma, who hated any sort of yellow, but over the years I've realized that there is something sort of soothing about certain shades of pale yellow. I could definitely picture a sweet, lovey v-day dragon in a color like that.

1 minute ago, Fabula said:

I'm just sitting here staring at your comment, thinking to myself... The story between Black Widow and Winter Soldier is legit why I won't read 99% of comics because depressing! LOL
Also thinking along the lines of this. Black Widow? Deadly spider. Black Widow? Marvel character. Black widow? Female serial killer. Maybe not a "black widow" sort of love? lol

But a widow on V-day idea in general for a black V-day dragon would be different and interesting I think. :)

Lol I don't read the comics so my only Black Widow reference is Scarlett Johansson. :ph34r: And I'd love that version of Black Widow in dragon form. :P Black leather, red hair and sass. 

Or something all dark Gothic Victorian with the blood red roses with black lace and ebony veils would be nice as well. 

12 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Lol I don't read the comics so my only Black Widow reference is Scarlett Johansson. :ph34r: And I'd love that version of Black Widow in dragon form. :P Black leather, red hair and sass. 

Or something all dark Gothic Victorian with the blood red roses with black lace and ebony veils would be nice as well. 

To put it short, she and Winter Soldier have a tragic love story between them in the comics. My comic reading friend tried to tell me and I was like "NOO don't tell me this is too sad!" lol Oh but if you got that version (or any really) of Black Widow in dragon form. It wouldn't be able to ever breed.. :(

Now you have me sold at Gothic Victorian. :wub:

23 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

This sounds amazing.

I mean, we have a "Heartseeker" dragon and a "Heartstealing" one, so maybe a Heart...breaker?

ETA: I also find it curious we don't have a love-song/musical/lyrical Valentine's dragon yet. We have just about every other "courtship" themed dragon: Heartseekers as chocolate, Rosebuds as roses/flowers, Sweetlings as sweets, Mutamores as matchmakers, Soulstones as jewelry, etc.

Edited by Lucere

Yeah, a heartbreaker dragon! That'd be neat. In general, love/romance also comes with heartache, whether small or large, and we have plenty of sweet romance-y v-day dragons, I'd love to see something to represent the parts of love that aren't all that fluffy.

11 minutes ago, Lucere said:

ETA: I also find it curious we don't have a love-song/musical/lyrical Valentine's dragon yet. We have just about every other "courtship" themed dragon: Heartseekers as chocolate, Rosebuds as roses/flowers, Sweetlings as sweets, Mutamores as matchmakers, Soulstones as jewelry, etc.

HEARTSONG DRAGON

Edited by broadway_fiend

ooh, i love the idea of a gothic victorian dragon. i'm imagining something like a rosebud dragon that's  turned goth, with red roses and black lace. 

Two days till the Valentine event and the new dragon! Can't wait! I'd like to see a non-western dragon since the last two (and 2/3 of the) valentine dragons were westerns. Don't mind any colour, though something new would be pleasantly surprising.

I wonder if we'll be three for three with legless holiday dragons. Extra points if this one swims.

12 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Two days till the Valentine event and the new dragon! Can't wait! I'd like to see a non-western dragon since the last two (and 2/3 of the) valentine dragons were westerns. Don't mind any colour, though something new would be pleasantly surprising.

Oh my, I never really noticed how many of the Valentine's dragons were Westerns! Yes, please some more variety!

deleted

Edited by WildestRose
Sorry, turns out I really shouldn’t have done this.

28 minutes ago, WildestRose said:

I'm trying to re-colour the Rosebud sprite like this, but I'm only half done and I'm tired (rip)

It's not really allowed to recolor someone's artwork without their permission.

Edited by HeatherMarie