TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

I really liked mutamores with gaias. I have one pairing that I was able to breed from them. Slightly unrelated, but I finished breeding all of my Valentine dragons today (I think 89 pairs were left when I started this morning). 

Thanks for all the suggestions! They seem to look really nice with golds (although, pretty much everything looks nice with golds), as well as harvests. Green-colored dragons like Fevers and Gaias look swell too. I'm liking the contrast between the Mutamores and RBs. Now time to go and search through my scroll to see if I have any female CBs of the above.

Soulstones are so rarely in the AP, but when they're there, at least they are very easy to see!

I have Mutamore with Purple Ridgewing checker which looks pretty neat.

Will breed them tomorrow so there will be at least one of the siblings in the AP later on. :)

Hurrah!  Finally got the last of the 8 CB Dragons I needed: 2 each of Val '09, Sweetling, Rosebud, and Soulstone.  It worked out nicely on all fronts: I managed to catch 5 in the biome, 2 in the AP (THANK YOU, generous catchers-and-droppers!), and traded for 1. 

I think the "Former CBs" biomes on holidays are a great addition -- reducing pressure on / avoiding market monopoly by CB owners of the older breeds, adding the potential to meet the demand for 2nd-gens on future Holidays, giving everyone the chance to have a CB of each non-Prize dragon type in their collection, enabling lineage-makers to start their own checkers with two of the same gender of each breed, and helping online players who don't use the forum to get dragons they might otherwise not be able to get, since some breeds are historically much easier to trade or enter raffles for than to actually catch when they drop in the AP.  I hope we still have the biome next Halloween!  I got online late for breeding week this past Halloween, and by the time I figured out the people requesting "CB Marrow" for trades in the forum weren't mistaken, it was too late for me!  Oops!

For any lineage builders, there are some nice 3rd even gen Rosebuds on the AP right now!  with white, with daydream--

I finally got a Soulstone egg and tried to get my second but am told I have two already. I looked through my entire scroll (using every possible option to view the dragons) and I only have this one egg that I just got. Is there a reason I am limited to only one? Have no other eggs at the moment either.

The breed limits page shows "limit 2" "your status 0".  My scroll only shows the egg I just got earlier today. No hatchlings or adults of this soulstone variety either...just the one egg.  Thank you for the link and reply though even if the mystery remains. 

Yeah, that sounds like a glitch of some sort. It's probably best to make a thread in the Help subforum to report it.

I actually asked TJ to just take a look at it, hopefully he can stop by later and check to see what is going on.

he checked it and said it all seems to check out.

Edited by Starscream

I really, really, *really* hope this year's new Valentine dragon is *not* predominately pink or red. Soulstones were a very nice change color-wise, but still a stereotypical 'romance color'. I get that it makes sense for a holiday dragon to have the colors most often represented for that holiday, but both Halloween and Christmas have a wider variety of dragons color-wise then we have for V-day so far (although I'm still rooting for even more different colors for Christmases). 

Went to church and then spontaneously out to eat, belatedly remembered I'd left three of my eggs unfogged and in hatcheries, and ended up begging my mom to let me use her phone to check my eggs. Thankfully all was good, and now they are close to hatching. *pokes them* Haaaaatch!

I think a blue or yellow dragon would be good for Valentine's day. I know the main colors are pink, red, and white for Valentine's Day, but some variety would be nice.

Thank you for making me feel better when I worry about my eggs when I'm in transit, HeatherMarie. :P 

I too am hoping for another 'non-pink' Valentines dragon. It is not likely, though, considering the trend of pink and red colored Valentines dragons we have had through the years. I would like to have a blue colored Valentines dragon (or blue Holiday dragon in general, to be honest) yet I know that is not likely. But, I will have to wait and see for this year's Valentines dragon to be bale to judge it fully.

In other note, waiting for four eggs to hatch before I can resume returning to my normal biome hunting. I no longer have any interest in catching holiday breed dragons now that I have caught all the CBs and only collect limited holidays (Christmas and Valentines) to freeze the hatchlings from the previous year. Hopefully I can catch something good.

Okay, I bred all my v-days that had lineages I could actually properly continue (20 pairs, a total of 54 eggs). I'll wait to breed my CBs on the last day, probably won't breed too many others since most of them are fairly messy.

41 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I think a blue or yellow dragon would be good for Valentine's day. I know the main colors are pink, red, and white for Valentine's Day, but some variety would be nice.

Thank you for making me feel better when I worry about my eggs when I'm in transit, HeatherMarie. :P 

Normally I'd be all Purple!!, but I was just thinking we could use a soft, pastelly yellow one, maybe with purple or blue accents.

3 minutes ago, Fiona said:

I want a black V-day dragon. Just sayin'

*pops in for a second* I totally would love a black V-day dragon. :wub:

Any color dragon other than the traditional reds, pinks, and whites would be good. Purple was a step in the right direction lol. It seems like the alts always have the most exciting color schemes.

Yea, a lot of times I think the alts should have been the released color. But that's just me, who usually prefers the alt colors over the release colors, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'd *adore* a black with lavender or purple. *dreams*

Ooohhh black and purple! That would be awesome. 

I too often would've liked the alt's coloring to be the main coloring... Some of those alts have *gorgeous* colors. And while we do have a few v-day breeds whose colors 'pop', there are also multiple breeds with fairly muted colors. I'd love to see bolder color choices in the future (like some of the alts).

Edited by HeatherMarie
grammar fail