TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

8.30am here. Got to wait until late this afternoon, then I'm back hunting for Soulstones.  Caught few yesterday, but they're not common in the AP, that's for sure.

Looking for these auto-abandoned babies:

(they're all 2G Radiant Angels / Gaia Xenos) 

- Radiant_Angel_egg.png code: z3Shh

Radiant_Angel_egg.png code: XxfFe

Radiant_Angel_egg.png code: d9Jcg

- Radiant_Angel_hatchi.png code: hxiFD --- FOUND, thank you!! 

Probably a long shot, but l'd really love it if I could track down these little ones! They're project babies. ♥

(the pink line in my signature counts)

Edited by MinkishMinx

I'm overjoyed to finally have Valentine dragons. Didn't have a single valentine dragon (cb or bred) at all on my scroll. I'm really happy I was able to nab some heartstealing dragons, those are my favorit eof the valentines. I'm so glad we have these holiday biomes now. 

thanks TJ.  got the val 09s, sweetlings, and rosebuds i was missing yesterday.  (was on vacation til then)  

Yes! I finally have a pair of CB 09s! Now I can get back to hunting down ap lines. ^^

WB

Not havingmuch luck getting Val 09's or Sweetlings. THOUGH I keep hunting for them.

Just now, JavaTigress said:

Not havingmuch luck getting Val 09's or Sweetlings. THOUGH I keep hunting for them.

I've run into both on the AP but couldn't grab since I had 2.  The cbs show up more on the AP more than you think.  Of course it's boring hunting there with all the sibling autoabandons, but they're there.

22 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

So you recommend I look in the AP for CBs?

Yes--they show up there plenty.  I ran into at least 2 09 cbs in the AP.  I got the "you have 2 of these on your scroll message" when I tried to grab them.

I have been taking a  look.... no luck yet, but we will see.

Just now, JavaTigress said:

I have been taking a  look.... no luck yet, but we will see.

Yeah, I ran into maybe 1 an hour of the 09s.  I'm not saying they are always there, but I ran into them a lot last night, for all the different breeds.  You've got to commit to sitting in front of your computer for an hour and clicking refresh a million times.  It all depends on how much you want one if you think it's worth the trouble.  I got my caveborn 09s from the biome drops within a day once I decided to just park on the left hand spot at the start of a drop when I happened to be on the computer.  If it's the first egg in the slot of the drop on the left, I could almost always get it because few hover there.

I’m looking for at least one of these auto-abandon babies. They should be floating around in the AP, could someone shoot me a PM if they find them?

IVG8s Sweetling_egg.gif

or

8Z4IZ Sweetling_egg.gif

PM me, if you want to work out an IOU that would be great!

I'm SO glad about these events! Being able to catch CBs from previous Holidays has been super fun! I didn't catch any Pumpkins or Hollies, but I'm not even sorry about that, because I managed to get Snow Angels and now Heartseekers which are my absolute faves and now I have CBs! 

Most of the babies I first bred/caught have gendered. I'd forgotten how cute the S2 Mutamores are! :wub:

These eggs were much easier to catch than xmas (only started to play again late 2016 so i was missing like, all of them but the last one, CBs ofc) and well, just refresh like crazy and spam middle click (if you use mouse) on the right egg slot and since it has a limit (different from halloween, that was a bit difficult), it's pretty easy to get everything, got 8 random CB eggs on the first day, not long ago got the other 8 making it 2 of each :3 

Now i can chill and maybe hunt AP when these hatch too. Cant wait to see the new ones though!

Edit: about the view bombs and stuff, i just incubate all eggs, and fog (or not i didnt have until now but since i posted here i might), wait till they are 3d23h and just put them in 9/10 hatcheries haha, they'll hatch pretty quick if all/most are on ER anyway, then i just leave it as it is, if they get sick i'll only have to fog once and they probs wont get sick as they're close to growing up again. Or just fog after they hatch if you dont care about having many views, but it works for me.

Edited by Scarlet

7 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

No more sick Arsani! I'll leave her fogged overnight though, and I'll definitely be fogging everything else overnight since I put the eggs into a few hatcheries to get them some views but don't want to leave them unattended that way for so long. I've got some *awesome* messies through trades and I must not lose them!

I spend every holiday release fogging, unfogging, refogging... I wish there was a faster way to do it because with 8 eggslots and however many hatchlings I happen to build up, it's a LOT of clicking. But worth it to keep them safe. <3

My general path is: incubate and fog, wait until close to hatching time, unfog and ward until hatched, refog, wait until close to growing up time, unfog and wait to grow up. Eggs don't hatch quite as fast as they would if they were getting more frequent reviews, but at least it means there's the smallest window of chance for someone to get sick.

And in other news, I've begun most of the lineages I'd like to make over the next year or two, I've bred one egg for someone so far, and I still need to start my Soulstone lineages but not sure what I'll be mixing them with yet.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:00 AM, TJ09 said:

Past Valentine's Dragons Available

Starting now, and continuing for seven full days (until 23:59 on February 14, Valentine's Day), past Valentine's event dragons will be breedable.

Safety first - we can breed all day on 14th, right ?

What are some pretty checkers that go well with Mutamores? I've been seeing quite a lot of Diamondwing x Mutamores but the similar colors and the lack of contrast just aren't cutting it for me. Any suggestions?

All of my Valentine's dragons for this year were fine as eggs and fine once they hatched, only to become extremely sick hours after hatching. They gained thousands of views, which makes me think that someone stuck them in another hatchery beyond where I put them. They all pulled through though.  Now I've gone back to fogging each of my hatchlings once they are out of the egg and my eggs until they are at 4 days 12 hours or less.

@Fuzzbucket Yes. You can breed until 11:59pm cave time.

Edited by Jazeki

1 hour ago, Dame_Jedi said:

I really just want Radiant Angels but none to be found anywhere.

OK - since you are troubled - I have just bred and autoed 40 of them. Watch in a day or two :)

I haven't bred any of my v-day dragons yet... I seem to always keep forgetting, every single holiday. I do like to save some to breed at the last minute, though, to stretch out the AP wall a bit more. But during the Christmas breeding I actually totally forgot and scrambled to breed everything literally 4 minutes before breeding ended, I do not want to repeat that.

5 hours until my next egg can hatch! Come on little baby!

17 minutes ago, Lucere said:

What are some pretty checkers that go well with Mutamores? I've been seeing quite a lot of Diamondwing x Mutamores but the similar colors and the lack of contrast just aren't cutting it for me. Any suggestions?

I did a checker with Specklethroats, mostly because I wanted the code lineage but I also think it's a nice paring (completely with you on Mut x Diamond).  I also collected Mutamore x Gold and (showing off a smidge now) Mutamore x Silver.

I found the Mutamore breeding plans thread from their original release, there are some pretty interesting ideas there. I personally like the look of them with Royal Blues, but then I'm a bit biased towards RBs in general. I also like them with Sunsongs, though that may be too 'popping' for some.