TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

5 minutes ago, quinney said:

Well if anyone's deserving of a brilliant code, you are, with all the help you give others. :D

Awwww. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just to make sure I’m understanding about alts. Say Alice has alts and breeds and abandons an egg. Bob does not have alts and picks up the egg. The egg hatches into the normal hatchling. Bob then gives the hatchie to Carol, who does have alts. When Carol receives it, it changes from normal to alt. Is this all correct?

Or, to put it another way, the dragon’s alt status is re-evaluated whenever it enters a scroll?

Just now, wobster109 said:

Just to make sure I’m understanding about alts. Say Alice has alts and breeds and abandons an egg. Bob does not have alts and picks up the egg. The egg hatches into the normal hatchling. Bob then gives the hatchie to Carol, who does have alts. When Carol receives it, it changes from normal to alt. Is this all correct?

Or, to put it another way, the dragon’s alt status is re-evaluated whenever it enters a scroll?

I believe so, yes.  It's based on the parents (alt/not alt) and then the scroll it's on.

.... I did it. I released my original CB '09 frozen hatchie so that I can more efficiently trade the CB eggs. I feel sorta bad for booting the little hatchie from my scroll after so many years, but I'm sure she'll have a wonderful new life in the wilderness.

29 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I believe so, yes.  It's based on the parents (alt/not alt) and then the scroll it's on.

this is correct.

Been camping out in the AP but no sign of any of last year's eggs.  I'm off to get a sandwich for my tea, and continue hunting in half an hour or so.

I saw a couple Soulstones passing through the AP towards the beginning of the event, I'd guess I saw at least 20 in all over the first 12 hours or so, but now they seem very difficult to find. I guess it does make sense though, since everyone only has 2 of them (at most).

The newest breed is generally the rarest to find offspring of. There are very few of them in comparison to all of the previous year's breeds and thus the Soulstone is going to be the hardest to find in the AP.

And none of my Soulstones, not even the one I bred with a common, has produced more than two eggs in a clutch.

Edited by Dorchet

I slightly wonder if the kerfuffle over their release last year has affected peoples' desire to breed them.  Which would be a shame, truly.

Sounds like I was lucky with my two - one gave four eggs and the other gave three.

One of my Soulstones gave two eggs and the other gave four. I love them despite the drama that went down last year and hope their babies will be loved too :)

Edited by The Dragoness

Yeah, I know they're going to be hard to get because they're last year's.  Not doing bad, though.

Thanks for the gift, Amazon_warrior! :D

10 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I slightly wonder if the kerfuffle over their release last year has affected peoples' desire to breed them.  Which would be a shame, truly.

Sounds like I was lucky with my two - one gave four eggs and the other gave three.

I'm pretty sure I remember some people actually not collecting them, or not getting 2, because of all the drama. So it's possible there is a smaller breedable pool of them then there would be otherwise. I haven't yet bred any of my Valentines at all, I usually do it more towards the end.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm pretty sure I remember some people actually not collecting them, or not getting 2, because of all the drama. So it's possible there is a smaller breedable pool of them then there would be otherwise. I haven't yet bred any of my Valentines at all, I usually do it more towards the end.

That's my recollection as well - although I have no data on whether they actually did as they said they were going to!  ;)

I remember that too.  I thought it was kind of like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

*__* I caught my first Valentine 09 today!
I remember sitting in my nursery 9 years ago and trying desperately to catch a Valentine's egg. I didn't get a single one all day, though I tried for hours. Since I continued playing this game ever since, it felt like a tiny wound that never healed. After all, I HAD been there all those years ago.

Now I finally got my egg, just 9 years later. It's weird how this feels as if I was finally in peace with my former self who was too slow at catching eggs that day XD

20 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I am so confused, what was the kerfuffle from last year? PM me if its dramaish.

I was thinking of all the upheaval when the Soulstone sprite had to be replaced at extremely short notice.  It was a bit disconcerting, but I certainly wasn't going to drop mine - I worked really hard to find two with perfect 5-letter word codes!

13 hours ago, Amazon_warrior said:

Having just checked, eggs in "held" clutches don't even show on the teleport list, so.... no.  :)

I figured as much. BAH! :lol:

Thanks for checking!! :)

9 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

I was thinking of all the upheaval when the Soulstone sprite had to be replaced at extremely short notice.  It was a bit disconcerting, but I certainly wasn't going to drop mine - I worked really hard to find two with perfect 5-letter word codes!

I had to look back at the sprites then it came back to me

4 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I had to look back at the sprites then it came back to me

I THINK the hatchie looks different than I recall? Still adorable, however. Is that what is being referred to?

I know the sweetlings only alt on an alt coded scroll, but has anyone seen alt CBs  this year? I'd really like to replace my frozen CB hatchling but I only want one if it's one of the alts. I had plans for it years ago if we were able to unfreeze hatchlings. From my knowledge they will be pink but I'm just wondering if people have seen that or not.

2 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

I know the sweetlings only alt on an alt coded scroll, but has anyone seen alt CBs  this year? I'd really like to replace my frozen CB hatchling but I only want one if it's one of the alts. I had plans for it years ago if we were able to unfreeze hatchlings. From my knowledge they will be pink but I'm just wondering if people have seen that or not.

they will go pink if taken from the Cave, even for alt owners. I'd hang onto the hatchling on the off chance an unfreeze is available.

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

they will go pink if taken from the Cave, even for alt owners. I'd hang onto the hatchling on the off chance an unfreeze is available.

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I've waited 7 years for another possible adult, I can wait 7 years more.