TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

4 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

So like you can use the BSA....but if you breed your sweetling it no longer is usable...trapping your sweetling at a certain outcome? Hael no! That means to get an alt I would have to ditch one of my two original date outcomes! Which wont happen. So this BSA idea is a no go and would have people, myself included, calling foul!

Well, as soon as you get your Sweetling, you know what lineage it has, no?

If you want your CBs to switch, I guess yeah, you'd be "trapped" as you call it, as soon as you breed it - and thus not ruin the lineage for whoever got your eggs.

For Aegides, people "trap" themselves by taking that Aegis oath. *shrugs*

For Solstices, people "trap" themselves the moment the egg is bred, which is even earlier.

I don't see that much of an issue, really.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I really hope that I can get 2nd gen spriter alts Radiant Angels. This is my only wish for this year. 

It really would make more sense IMO for alts to simply become true-breeding (or 50/50 chance of alt's offspring alting) regardless of scroll. That way alt breeding would be retained, people without alts could obtain alts, people with alts could obtain normals, and alts would still be limited in number because far more normals exist. I understand that there's no intention of alts ever increasing at all in circulation, and I don't feel strongly about rereleasing CB alts (though it would be nice), but I disagree with the reasoning. No they weren't ever intended to be widespread and yes they were supposed to be niche, but that was eight years ago. Their status within the community has changed, they're well-known, people are still actively creating lineages with them, and nearly everyone who doesn't have them wishes they could have one. Furthermore, their distribution is basically random, they aren't some trophy defined by exclusivity like the prizes or individual's reward for hard work like spriters' alts that still have practical reason to keep limited. I think changes made to a sprite's functioning should reflect the community now, not how it was at the sprite's inception. For instance, the decision to rerelease old holiday CBs (which I still greatly appreciate).

Anyways, wanted to toss in some pointless 2 cents. Between this and the Cermorvus debacle last year, Valentine's Day sure has been drama-heavy lately...

Happy hunting folks. I wish my CB frozen Sweetling (12-year-old me wasn't thinking in the long-term...) didn't count toward my breed total, I hate to have to release it but I do want another breedable CB. Fare well, my Wee Child! Have fun living wild and free.

4 hours ago, Jay4Jia said:

I find it funny how the forum community are mostly adults. But all this unnecessary ranting and bashing is getting out of hand. I guess video games does strange things to people.   

Yeah, I got married thanks to Doom :P

Okay, time to catch my last Sweetling! <3

And I added this to my sig, since I couldn't find an appropriate thread--if someone wants 2G Val '09s or Heartseekers, PM me! First come, first served. I have most available mates, I think, though some rares are being held for other breedings. I want their offspring to have good homes, but don't have a specific lineage planned myself.

Edit: YAY! I got a Sweetling! *snuggles*

Edited by MoonShark

I've done it, I've done it, I've done it - caught my final 09 egg!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank heavens for that, I can relax now.

...aaaand breathe...!

One thing I like about the rerelease of previous CB breeds (besides the fact that I can now claim all of them as more than just bred dragons) is that the breeding pool for each breed will be much larger and not as constrained as previous years.

6 minutes ago, quinney said:

I've done it, I've done it, I've done it - caught my final 09 egg!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank heavens for that, I can relax now.

...aaaand breathe...!

Congrats! Just a heads up it seems that people may be viewbombing again (my eggs had to be hidden from like 9pm cave time to almost 8am this morning due to being sick...without me posting them anywheres.) So if you havent already I'd hide them to be on the safe side <3

I have cautiously unfogged my oldest eggs and added them to two hatcheries, but I'm watching them carefully to make sure no one tries to kill them. 13 hours to go, 13 hours to go! ... And I've already promised the two egg slots that will open up in 13 hours to CBs for specific people, so it'll be at least 20 hours before I can actually hunt the AP again.

3 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Congrats! Just a heads up it seems that people may be viewbombing again (my eggs had to be hidden from like 9pm cave time to almost 8am this morning due to being sick...without me posting them anywheres.) So if you havent already I'd hide them to be on the safe side <3

Thanks for this, Vampyre.  Will do.

5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Thank you for the warning! I'll go hide my babies again (unfogged so I could admire them <3)

Why why why do I keep looking at the AP? I'm egglocked! 

Holiday eggs are some of the prettiest eggs, I'll miss seeing them once this week is over :(

9 minutes ago, Toyo said:

Why why why do I keep looking at the AP? I'm egglocked! 

Holiday eggs are some of the prettiest eggs, I'll miss seeing them once this week is over :(

Encyclopedia/wiki! :D

The AP currently has a wall of Valentine '09s and it just looks so pretty:wub: 

I just love the design; reminds me of those gorgeous Fabergé eggs.

Aaand my eggs have now reached stage 4 of cracking! I'm getting so impatient waiting for them to hatch (still need to wait until midnight cave time though).

It is beautiful.. even with that single egg (Sweetling?) there in the corner :)

Egglocked myself with getting a hybrid, so I've gotta wait a long time before I can try to snag another one..

Ek, I forgot to add some of my eggs to hatcheries and now I'm just hoping they'll still hatch on time. I wanna hop back into the catching game ASAP, still got five Val' breeds to catch...

Just dropping in to say that I don't mind alt Sweetling owners getting pink Sweets in addition to their alts. Alt Sweets sure look nice and I'd love to have them, but you gotta remember that this is just a game, nothing worth getting upset over.

But with that out of the way, finally caught a pair of CB Sweetlings and even a single Val '09. :D Just need one more and I finally have CBs of all old holiday dragons!

Good luck to you folks, hope you have an easy time catching CBs!

33 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Encyclopedia/wiki! :D

But they won't really be miiiineeeee! :) 

Was there a 'full' wall of '09s with no others mixed in? I wanted to get a screenshot of a full wall of '09s but it seems there is always a few others mixed in, at least since I started refreshing.

Almost 3 hours in the hatcheries and my eggies only have 300-ish views. *pokes them* *pokes hatcheries*

Hey. Sneaking in on my lunch break. Which hatcheries are you guys using? I want to put some of my babies in to start getting views, but I'll be away from my phone from 2 to 4

I'm using Allure and Valley Sherwood and have only gotten 300 views in 3 hours, so I'd gather those two are fairly safe. Just added them to Silvis as well, I'll see how much of a difference that makes.

44 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Was there a 'full' wall of '09s with no others mixed in? I wanted to get a screenshot of a full wall of '09s but it seems there is always a few others mixed in, at least since I started refreshing.

There was a full wall, but only for a few seconds. And I didn't think of taking a screenshot before refreshing the page. I've just been killing time staring at the AP even though I'm egg-locked; just waiting for my eggs to reach the final stage of cracking so I can fog them until midnight. And also for that stubborn copper hatchie to gender.

Here's the closest it's been to a full wall since:

Screenshot at Feb 09 11-43-55.png

Edited by Lucere

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm using Allure and Valley Sherwood and have only gotten 300 views in 3 hours, so I'd gather those two are fairly safe. Just added them to Silvis as well, I'll see how much of a difference that makes.

I'll stick them in allure for the time being, then.