TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

49 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It 'hurts' the current users who have alt sweets because some of them consider them special and unique and don't want them to be available to everyone because then they lose value. Not that I agree with that view, just answering the question.

As an Alt sweetling owner I think fairness is needed. I'll be happier with more people having the opportunity to get "unobtainable" dragons.

Edited by Xorath
Grammar error

@HeatherMarie  and @DaniBoo 

You can see it that way, I see it another. Even charities are subject to investigation as to where money goes and if they're doing a satisfactory job. Users who have donated in the past may be quite disappointed in the decisions made afterwards, and rightfully so. If he chooses not to respect his users, fine, he can do what he wants, but he should expect any support from users to diminish.

That's just my two cents whenever money is involved for any reason- it's not a hobby anymore and it's not free from criticism.

15 hours ago, Tehpikachu said:

the man did the unthinkable and changed his mind

Come on, give the man some credit =P He usually has well-thought-out reasons behind his choices, and if things are received poorly enough, makes changes as needed. See: Solstice breeding, reverting changes to lineage tiles in response to user backlash, holiday biome, Arias.

This may be just me, but when I donate to an online site I do it because I love the site for what it is right then. I don't donate hoping that such-and-such will happen in the future, or expecting that it will stay the same in the future. I donate because I'm happy with the experience I'm having at that moment and want to show that. I've donating many times to a specific site that changed a *lot* during my 2-year hiatus from it, but that doesn't mean I regret donating back then. 

Anyways, my stupid stubborn cheese egg won't hatch and I want to be able to hunt dangit. I thought it'd be hatched by now. 

Caught the two CBs I didn't have! Pleased so far. Can't wait to see what the event is this year :)

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Anyways, my stupid stubborn cheese egg won't hatch and I want to be able to hunt dangit. I thought it'd be hatched by now. 

Bribe it with sweets

I just find it funny how everyone is whining about fairness regarding the alt Sweets...when DC is pretty much the fairest site I know of? It doesnt give out special dragons to the elite few with expendable rl money (such as chicken smoothie, flight rising, and magistream). In fact the ONLY dragons that the limited few can get are spriter's alts and alt sweets. All others as of now can be gotten CB unless they are a hybrid (in which case mostly TJ is the only one with parentless hybrids). 

It sickens me how much you guys want compared to just HOW MUCH has been given to us? You all want it "fair" and seemingly want everything handed to you? This is a game...isnt the point of a game to STRIVE for something...and somethings you just dont achieve. Unlike the mythological world most kids live in now where everyone gets a dang participation trophy...this is a FACET of the internet...which is in itself a virtual form of the REAL WORLD. Nothing in the real world is fair...and if I had a dime for every time I wanted stuff in my life to be fair I'd be richer than Trump okay? Be happy you can get ANY CB holidays. If you guys complain everytime theres an event TJ might decide to do away with events...

I have not clue what is going on…. :wub:   I just log in and caught the "brine" then…. WHAT???? Valentine biome????  
THANKS TJ>>>>  WE LOVE YOU!!!!

WHAT… AND just caught three…

***RUNS BACK TO THE CAVE**** **RUNS***

@Vampyre I agree with every word you said. From what I've observed, this community feels more and more entitled  with every passing event. I just can't understand how so many people get so riled about about mere pixels on a screen. TJ has never asked for anything in return; no membership fees, no specially bought dragons, etc. yet the players want more and more. No matter what TJ does it never seems to be enough to make anyone here happy.

Warning folks watch your valentines! Either the holiday viewbomber is back or my stance on alt sweetlings has annoyed someone (s) because all 8 of my eggs are sick...and I never added them ANYWHERE.

@Vampyre How does wanting something to be attainable equal wanting something to be given to us for no effort? You think it matters to me what other corrupt pet sites do? I play Flight Rising- I never said it was perfect. I hate how they refuse to rerelease the 1st year holiday items despite not retiring the years after. But, we're talking about DC right now. Not other sites.

-removed-

The rest of us want equal opportunity- I am not going to be grateful and kiss the boots of TJ if I do not think he is doing a good job, or if I think he is showing blatant favoritism to some members over others.

-removed-

..also was it not common sense to have them hidden after Christmas..?

Edited by Earth Gurl

The magic of complaining on the forum has worked, my cheese hatched! I swear they know when we are talking about them, lol. Now to get one more v-day egg.... But which type to get? Hmmm.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The magic of complaining on the forum has worked, my cheese hatched! I swear they know when we are talking about them, lol. Now to get one more v-day egg.... But which type to get? Hmmm.

I swear, every single time I grumble at my dragons via the forum, they magically start cooperating. XD

**Does the HAPPY dances***

WE LOVE YOU, TJ.. Thanks  for making those EGGY to easy catch.... :wub:

**CHUUUUUUUUUUUUU*

I'm fully full... :D:lol:

8 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Vampyre How does wanting something to be attainable equal wanting something to be given to us for no effort? You think it matters to me what other corrupt pet sites do? I play Flight Rising- I never said it was perfect. I hate how they refuse to rerelease the 1st year holiday items despite not retiring the years after. But, we're talking about DC right now. Not other sites.

I do not know why you feel the need to stand in the way of other users. If you personally don't want alts? Good for you. You're so 'above it all'. 

The rest of us want equal opportunity- I am not going to be grateful and kiss the boots of TJ if I do not think he is doing a good job, or if I think he is showing blatant favoritism to some members over others.

You are no better than us for complaining about us criticizing the system.

I'm also not a liberal and don't believe in participation trophies like you seem to think everyone on here wants. 

..also was it not common sense to have them hidden after Christmas..?

Well once Eggs Around The World was shut down on Christmas no one complained of sick eggs from viewbombers. This led me (and maybe quite a few others) to think the viewbombings were caused by EATW only and that their valentines eggs were safe. I am just wanting to warn people who didnt realize that the viewbombing ....[insert not nice name here] would hit other sites so that we dont have dead eggs like during Christmas time. 

Also it amuses me...everytime theres drama I'm always on the exact opposite side than you. So yeah I'm going to stop replying to you as we will NEVER see eye to eye no matter how much we hash and rehash the same information. I refuse to waste my time and energy on an arguement...would be more productive to rail at a brick wall...because at least it doesnt argue back XD

(Not trying to give offense...just trying to not get into an arguement that will draw mod fury on my head)

@Vampyre

View bombings did not stop being reported after EATW was shut down. Even I posted in the 'I'm being viewbombed' thread that someone tried to kill two purple eggs of mine. Yeah, EATW being gone made it harder, but was still happening, so just a warning.

Eggs Around The World was hit by a purposeful strike against the site as a whole. The viewbombings now are not at that level, but people should still be a little careful with their eggs for now. That's all. 

Edited by Dorchet

10 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Vampyre

View bombings did not stop being reported after EATW was shut down. Even I posted in the 'I'm being viewbombed' thread that someone tried to kill two purple eggs of mine. Yeah, EATW being gone made it harder, but was still happening, so just a warning.

Until today I havent been hit since Christmas so I was unaware (I merely check the news when I come to forums and click off unless there is an event/release thread). Thanks for the heads up I'll have to remember to keep an eye out when I have eggs I really care about!

Hey, but it wouldn't be DC forums (and DC holiday forum event) without drama, so no surprise, haha!

*dances around* Finally found a suitably messy Rosebud in the AP! Now I really *am* locked for awhile.

I would probably think I was dreaming or in an alternate reality if a DC event went by without drama. Par for the course around here.

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Either my browser has hiccups or this thread got cleaned a bit - are people hiding posts ?

I NEED CB 09s.....

I HOPE they will get easier later, like the Hollies did at Christmas.

Good luck, Fuzz. I'd like to grab a couple, too, but don't seem to have the patience anymore Guess I've gotten too old. 😉

While I am grateful for many changes made to the game in recent years, and do think positive attitudes should outweigh negative ones, it's always bothered me how people (self included) feel the need to sing praises and fawn every time we also suggest a change. TJ made the game, it's free, we enjoy it, we're grateful; doesn't mean every suggestion to new things should have to be preluded with a laundry list of everything we're grateful for. Again, it is important to keep the good things in mind and be cheerful on a whole, but on the forums it often feels like you need to use worshipfulness as a defense against people who would otherwise attack you for being greedy and ungrateful. Kinda instills an unpleasant mood. 

Anyway.

DC as a whole has shifted towards more obtainability, which is great. Unlike a lot of adoptables games, there really isn't a ton to do around DC beside the basic act of collecting and making lineages (which by necessity stems from collecting--can't do lineages without that). So the more of that collecting people can do, the better. Now, will the game die in a fiery explosion if we don't get Alt Sweets? Obviously not, just as it wouldn't have died if we hadn't gotten old CB Holidays back, or monthly raffles, or the return of Old Pinks and Frills. Yet those things happened, and were a great addition to the game! I haven't seen the fanbase so enthused in years! So since those improvements to collecting were so positive, why not let everyone get Alt Sweetlings and, hopefully, all Snow Angel colors? (More CB Christmas / Valentines would be great, too, but that's another matter, ehehe). I really see no reason against Snow Angels, and TJ already said he was open to it, so woohoo there. Alt Sweetlings... ok, yes, I get that they were a spontaneous reward for a glitch from a time when the cave was pretty different and they're kind of a weird case. But as mentioned before, they're here, they exist, just like prizes. I really don't think it would hurt to spread them around. Yah, ok, they're pretty little weirdos. But if you just look at them as a variant in the same vein as Snow Angels, which is essentially what they boil down to, it's not a big deal. Unless Kila really, really wasn't ok with doing so, I'd like to see them spread.

I'll also note that Alt Sweets aren't my favorite Valentine (ROSEBUDS FOR LIFE), and I enjoy Valentine to oodles with or without 'em. But I think it would be even more fun with 'em, and I don't think there's a compelling reason to not add them. :) 

Thanks to TJ and CO. for the Valentine eggs and event!

What happened to EATW was tragic; better Internet laws would help.

As for donations, I'm glad that we don't donate here for special dragons. My gf donated a lot to Unicreatures, and was left w/ nothing when the site owner got angry w/ the user base and closed the site 2 years ago this January.

Yaaas! Only need two more CB val '09s now! This is surprisingly a lot easier than it was at christmas time second day in.