TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

41 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Alts are not going to see a wider release because I don't think making them available as CBs is appropriate—and any solution that doesn't involve CBs being widely obtainable is a nonstarter (Existing CB alt availability is to restricted that the trading economy around alts would be awful).

But if alts would breed true regardless of scrolls people wouldn't depend on trading for them since multi-clutch is a thing. It would be similar to how Hollies used to be in the trade economy wouldn't it?

Is the Valentine's biome having a glitch right now or is it just me? The eggs appear to be "stuck".

Edit: And now they're poofed. Shoot. I was hoping I could get that Rosebud.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Is anyone else unable to catch the eggs or just me XD

14 minutes ago, Sesshomaru said:

Hey, I was missing four, too, until I caught a CB Val '09 and Sweetling a few minutes ago. The other two are Heartseekers and Arsanis. Which ones are you gunning for?

'09s, Sweetlings, Rosebuds, and Soulstones. I am not at all concerned about being able to catch them - I've had extremely good luck with the Holiday biomes over the past two holidays - but it's not going to be this hour. XD

... Especially because the cave is glitching and refusing to update the biome, just showing me three eggs that "someone has already taken". What on Earth?

Eta: Glad it's not just me.

Edited by LibbyLishly

1 minute ago, n.s.c.m. said:

Welp, the cave is broke.

Here I was hitting refresh and clicking the same egg apparently, thinking I was just too late every time.

Just came here to see if it  was me...:(

Time for the seasonal biome bugs woop woop

2 minutes ago, Stormpaws said:

But if alts would breed true regardless of scrolls people wouldn't depend on trading for them since multi-clutch is a thing. It would be similar to how Hollies used to be in the trade economy wouldn't it?

the last thing we need is a new trading empire aaaaah

Somebody done and gone broke the cave, lol.

Edited by Dorchet

Great to see the valentines biome. <3

But I can't grab CBs... It tells me they are already taken but when I refresh the biome the same eggs (with the same codes) are still in there. :(

I've been missing 8 CBs. Got them all, somehow 6 of them ended up having nice codes. This is an exceptionally good outcome, I'm happy.

See, this is what happens when drama is afoot. Bad juju makes the cave bork. :P

1 hour ago, Kelkelen said:

Alt Sweetling owners are frustrated and upset that they can't breed true anymore, and can't continue their own lineages that they've put 8 years into already.  Normal Sweetling owners are either frustrated and upset that there's still no way for them to own an Alt Sweetling, or else they're unaffected (because for pity's sake, no one OWES them an Alt Sweetling!).

I'm not frustrated at all.  Since I rarely breed them out, its no much of an issue  -  at least for me. Some alt sweetling owners finally are happy to be able to get the pinks -  to be honest, they likely should not have bred true for us at all. But hindsight is usually 20/20. I try to be easy going. too much worry puts strain on my heart (which, incidentally, is acting the hell up tonight)

Same here, I was stuck on three eggs with the same code. Every time I got the message someone had already taken the egg.

I've hard refreshed several times, but that didn't help a bit unfortunately.....

Only need two CB breeds: Valentines and Rosebuds :) I hope I'll be able to catch them!

Nevermind it's all good again. Finally got my shiny noodle with legs yee

...That's not solving the problem either. This is ALSO ruining years of lineage work based on the old behavior.

Either get rid of alts entirely or leave it as it was, if you're so determined to not have new CBs. I don't see why a holiday having alts would be impossible anyway considering that we have one with THREE.

And yeah, eggs are "stuck" in the biomes.

1 hour ago, 11th said:

I just want to clarify: If I trade for a 2G from alt and then pass the egg to someone else with alts, would my scroll handling it result in a pink? Would it need to be a straight alt -> alt user trade?

My understanding is, you trade with an alt player and you are also an alt player hten theoretically it will be an alt. I spoke to TJ just now about this, we have to wait and see if the code works. An alt egg, to a pink scroll will result in an pink egg. A pink egg to a alt scroll will result in an pink egg.

12 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

...That's not solving the problem either. This is ALSO ruining years of lineage work based on the old behavior.

Either get rid of alts entirely or leave it as it was, if you're so determined to not have new CBs. I don't see why a holiday having alts would be impossible anyway considering that we have one with THREE.

Of which each of us can only have one variant.

12 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Of which each of us can only have one variant.

Of which that has been considered to be changed. At least, TJ said months back that he would consider it.. but nobody could really settle on one solution.

Caveborn it is still true.

But what I was responding to was considering that we have one with THREE.

That has not changed yet and we don't know that it will be.

And if it IS, we may not like the result.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, TJ09 said:

Based on the response, I've decided to revise the decision around alt Sweetlings.

Let me first make it clear: alt Sweetlings are not going to see wider distribution. I'm sorry if that disappoints anyone who is or was hoping to eventually be able to get one, but it's not going to happen.

Instead, the behavior will be changed to allow everyone to access normal Sweetlings without breaking too many existing lineages. Rather than fully retiring alts, those with alts will be able to breed more and trade with people who also have alts, but eggs from non-alt Sweetlings will not magically become alts upon changing hands to someone with alts.

This change is live (or completely broken; we'll find out) not yet live but will be added soon. I'll update this post when it happens. Anyone who has already bred their alts will have the alt status updated upon the egg hatching.

Cool! I don't have the alts myself, but I'm glad to see that people will still be able to continue their alt lineages. :D