TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

1 minute ago, camea42123 said:

One second now. I can't get anything because my internet is so slow do all these people have fios or something?

I managed to grab a CB Heartstealer a few minutes ago on my phone. Personally easier for me, because I can tap an egg in less time than it takes me to drag my mouse over to click it. Maybe try something with a smaller screen?

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is hilarious! They're probably talking among themselves, maybe making up stories about why so many humans are suddenly gathered there.

Arsani: (leaning to a Heartseeker) Why are there so many humans standing in front of the cave?

Heartseeker: Hmmm? Oh, don't you know that humans are weird creatures? For one, they like to steal our eggs. Two, they have no scales to protect them 

Thanks for the event. I'm just trying to snatch rosebuds and sweetlings but the cave is getting cleaned out fast. 

2 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

Why are all holiday dragons so rude, marching into the AP and dumping all their kids over the reg eggs

Well, considering that they don't seem to care about those eggs they allow humans to take...

I still believe that the holiday event (the game part) should start when holiday breeding starts. I had no interest in 2017's Christmas event when it started on the Christmas, and find that I actually participated in events more when they started with breeding.

Jeez, the cave is being swiped! Oh well, not like I didn't see it coming :P

Looking forward to the event and new dragon!

4 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

This sucks.

You okay there?

3 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

This sucks.

Well the hourly drop lasted much longer, so its not all horrible. I managed to grab a heartseeker with 'Toy' in its code

Just now, Draconiusultamius said:

Well the hourly drop lasted much longer, so its not all horrible. I managed to grab a heartseeker with 'Toy' in its code

I got a Zcoded 2009 - I am chuffed as heck.

I'm done for now... bred a few eggs, caught a few missing CBs. Good luck hunting, everyone...

The whole Alt Sweetling disaster makes me sad. I'm not personally affected--I have regular pink Sweetlings and never bothered to collect more than a few alt lines--and yes, something needed to be done to level the field (not that I know what should have been done, mind). But this seems so unfair for all the people who literally took years to build alt Sweetling lines. </3

Sadly a repeat of the Christmas drop-I can't catch anything, not even at the hourly,  :(  I really, truly, do *not* understand why the drops for these have to be so bloody miserly.

Darn, now I actually have to pay child support (views) for all those eggs I bred to the AP. I don’t like watching the kids I bred die, so I guess the wilderness will get a few new inhabitants in a week or so.

1 minute ago, WildestRose said:

Darn, now I actually have to pay child support (views) for all those eggs I bred to the AP. I don’t like watching the kids I bred die, so I guess the wilderness will get a few new inhabitants in a week or so.

I'll help if you'd like.

Just now, Draconiusultamius said:

I'll help if you'd like.

Na, I’m good. I just pop em into a hatchery ER and they normally do fine on their own. Thanks for offering though :)

5 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Sadly a repeat of the Christmas drop-I can't catch anything, not even at the hourly,  :(  I really, truly, do *not* understand why the drops for these have to be so bloody miserly.

try using chrome incognito.

I'm going to wait til V-day, then breed all my Valentines to my golds first, then silvers, and AP them all. Unless someone wants something, they'd have to let me know before then.

I have all previous V-day dragons, so no special biome for me, lol.

Just now, WildestRose said:

Na, I’m good. I just pop em into a hatchery ER and they normally do fine on their own. Thanks for offering though :)

Hope all goes well for them :)

Well I'm not getting any luck with the Valentine's biome but I did get two sibling Heartstealing eggs :D. I'll try and get the last Valentine and Sweetling eggs I need from the cave when I wake up tomorrow, it's getting close to 2:30am.

Edited by Zinogre

2 minutes ago, WildestRose said:

meanwhile, i spefically sent some eggos free with the intent of monitering them so that i may see how a dragon will live, untouched by mage hands once it frees itself from its egg

Some mad flailing at the top of the hour gave me two(!) Val'09s - one of which I didn't realise I'd caught!

Sucks about the alt Sweets - not that it makes a difference to me personally (I have pink ones), but some people did some amazing lineages with them. :(

Well I'm back and real happy with my CB catches, they look like set from a viewing gallery!  Maybe I'll giveaway the Valentine to someone who needs it :)

Spoiler

IMG_0369.thumb.PNG.e6bb82e2419eb1999e1cd453b55369b6.PNG

Also, on a separate note it's usually better to catch with a tablet (if you have one; I know I don't have one but my cousins do!) if you are having trouble.  I think someone already mentioned something about touchscreen being easier, and it really is...

Edited by Echithan11

I do wish we could get buffed drop numbers in the holiday biome - I know it won't make much of a difference in a few days when things slow down, but it would certainly help those of us struggling to catch anything get caught up without sinking hours into button mashing during the five minute and hourly drops if said drops lasted more than 2 seconds. 

As for the Sweetlings; I personally would have preferred if they would all breed true to their variant so that everyone would have a chance at both sprites (which would also still leave CB alts for those hit by the glitch that year) but I'm not really that concerned one way or the other about them being retired. I do feel for all the people that had been working on lineages who had no notice that they were being discontinued, though.