TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

Phew, only have to get two more Val 09s and I have the whole CB collection. Just have to wait for my eggs to hatch!

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I think it will. For the last halloween and christmas releases, they were announced with "never available again - until next year" or something the like, so I'm guessing it will be the same for valentine's, and I'm also guessing that "until next year" means that the holiday-specific biome will also return for future years.

Hmm..Good point! I almost forgot the announcement said so - since it's not showing now for Valentine's Holiday. Also previously it was only 'holiday' biomes and now it got a specific name.

4 minutes ago, Shelybear said:

Also previously it was only 'holiday' biomes and now it got a specific name.

I remember it being called "Halloween" in October :)

On 2/8/2018 at 4:12 AM, TJ09 said:

If the parent of the egg is an alt, and the recipient can have alts, it'll be an alt (similar to how they were before: the egg would un-alt after trading to you, then re-alt after going to "someone else with alts"). It has less to do with the scroll of origin in any given transaction, and more to do with the parent. This is important because if a person with alts breeds a non-alt, its progeny won't alt.

Thank you not retiring my alts completely! *hugs* Thank you for being responsive, dependably so, here :) I know it's hard trying to resolve issues as they come up and there's just no pleasing everyone. I was hoping it would stay how it originally was but hey, I'm grateful for what I'm able to keep & continue.  I have several alt only lineages I'm working on, some are extensive, and I would have been sad to see all that joint effort & time disappear. 

I'm still a little unclear, on the lineage effect on mixed lineages. Will my eggy not become alt because of his mixed descent?  Beauty of Cooperation

Thanks again for bringing back releases from years past!

On 2/8/2018 at 4:44 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

I suppose it just wouldn't be a holiday in DC without some drama, but I'd like to say that I, too, am glad TJ isn't retiring black Sweetlings entirely.

I'd also like to take this opportunity, since I didn't on Halloween and x-mas, to say thank you that old CBs are available again. I'm really happy about this, since I was so disappointed with the number of old ones I had missed.

Ditto! There's no pleasing everyone. I'm so happy the decision to retire alt sweetlings completely, was rescinded, but it does mean an end to this lineage I was able to get going with a lot of help (thank you lots!!) : Beauty of Cooperation. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get super far/committed? or start any others I had planned... though I did make excellent progress. 

Is there anyway to make the older eggs drop a bit more? @TJ09 the cave is being blocked with raidant angels and hardly anyone can pick those up. The one week and I have to work six days in a row throughout the V-Day event 😒

Managed to grab all 14 missing CBs. Thanks for the re-release, TJ!

My CB collection is hatching - it's breeding time! :nyan:

I should have done a lot more work figuring out what mates would go to who leading up to this, oops.

@priscel Apparently the new Sweetling changes have made it so that Pink Sweetlings can only breed true, regardless of the scroll their eggs grow up on. So your egg will most likely stay Pink like his father. A shame, that's a cool lineage idea!

1 hour ago, priscel said:

Ditto! There's no pleasing everyone. I'm so happy the decision to retire alt sweetlings completely, was rescinded, but it does mean an end to this lineage I was able to get going with a lot of help (thank you lots!!) : Beauty of Cooperation. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get super far/committed? or start any others I had planned... though I did make excellent progress. 

Oh wow, that lineage is so amazingly pretty! ^_^ I hope you are satisfied, however it turns out.

So now I have all the CB's I needed, I get to hunt for last year's eggs.  Caught two at the start of the event and two more a while ago but not many around...

Only one CB Valentine 09 to go and then I have the most important things for this year :D After that, I might do some hunting or breed a few things for freezing. I'm so glad that we are able to catch previous releases again.

EDIT: Problem solved, thanks to everyone for tips and tricks and especially for the replacement egg!

---

Don't know where to post it...

Due to me being too dumb to count correctly, I lost the eggs from a breeding.

Since this was part of a trade, I would be happy if someone who found one of them could return it to me please?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zUDJU

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZZO6a

https://dragcave.net/lineage/dhicg

https://dragcave.net/lineage/r9o03

Or maybe someone else has an 3G Arsani from Ice checker available?

I can offer a 2G Radiant Angel from Silver in return (yet to be bred).

Thank you in advance!

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

@Spiteful_Crow& @Terces Thank you! Yea, I am proud of it too ^__^ and lol I was holding out hope (I'm hesitant to look at my scroll now lol he should have hatched - denial I know lol), but I think you're right Terces. Having such an exception in lineages we create like that is probably asking for too much.

He will be loved just the same :D 

50 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Don't know where to post it...

Due to me being too dumb to count correctly, I lost the eggs from a breeding.

Since this was part of a trade, I would be happy if someone who found one of them could return it to me please?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zUDJU

https://dragcave.net/lineage/ZZO6a

https://dragcave.net/lineage/dhicg

https://dragcave.net/lineage/r9o03

Or maybe someone else has an 3G Arsani from Ice checker available?

I can offer a 2G Radiant Angel from Silver in return (yet to be bred).

Thank you in advance!

Seriva

You can try renaming the parents temporarily -- Something like please return to Seriva Senkalora. It may not work, but if one of them is found by the right person you could get it back. Good luck!

I've only seen two Soulstones in the AP so far! One was a messy line and the other turned out to be a CB that I couldn't pick up. Was hoping to find a couple of nice 2nd gens. I'm locked right now with eggs for a trade, but I hope when those are gone and a couple more of my eggs hatch that I will have more luck.

I've caught two more Soutstones in the AP. Both have small step lineages I could continue. Had to wait a while for some to show, though.

4 hours ago, priscel said:

I'm still a little unclear, on the lineage effect on mixed lineages. Will my eggy not become alt because of his mixed descent?  Beauty of Cooperation

That is correct, because its parents were pink. if the parents were alt, then it would go alt.

I kinda hate for my '09 egg to start cracking.  It's such a beautiful egg!  Same goes for the Radiant Angels.

I now have CBs of Rosebuds (YAY!!!!), Arsanis, and Heartseekers. I wouldn't mind '09s, but if these are all the past CBs I get this year, I'll still be happy!

I have a full set of CBs of everything : ALL holidays. Even punkins and bucks.  WHEEEEEEEEEEE.

I just caught a Valentine '09 with the best code I've ever caught!! Guess I'm keeping that one. :lol: I'll post the code in a few days when I'm not worried about it being under threat of viewbombing.

15 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I just caught a Valentine '09 with the best code I've ever caught!! Guess I'm keeping that one. :lol: I'll post the code in a few days when I'm not worried about it being under threat of viewbombing.

Well if anyone's deserving of a brilliant code, you are, with all the help you give others. :D