TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

And with that, I got CBs of all the old holiday dragons. :wub:  I feel like I can finally breathe now. Spent nearly an hour camping the biome for every five-minute drops, endlessly clicking and misclicking and getting nothing... and now I got all I need. Thank you TJ for the re-release!

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I find it very amusing that every single time there's a little drama on DC, or a decision is made that not everyone agrees with, there are people who will say that DC is going downhill, will end up shutting down, will lose it's playerbase, etc etc. There has been major drama and controversial decisions on DC for as long as I've been a member, and I've never seen any indication that it somehow meant DC was going to fail. There are still plenty of old-timers around, still plenty of newer players, still plenty of activity on the site and in the hatcheries. While I may not agree with every decision that's made, it hasn't lessened my enjoyment of the game, and I'm pretty sure many people feel the same way.

I've thought DC was going downhill for a while- and I personally have noticed less activity, at least on the forums.

Raffles, broken trade economy, seeing a a good portion of the dragon requests have to be thrown out (and seeing very few new artists get published on site), have all been saddening for me, but the tipping point for me was last Vaentine's fiasco. I honestly would have left had the CB holidays not been rereleased. That was the first step in the right direction I thought the site had made in years.. but now we're back to this.

Anyway, I'll take discussion of the newest issue to the new thread. 

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I've thought DC was going downhill for a while- and I personally have noticed less activity, at least on the forums.

The lack of activity is down to the vile new software. MANY people have said they don't enjoy being here any more. I certainly come a lot less than I used to; I trade with friends by PM and on another forum. The WYSIWYG editor makes it very much not fun any more.

Just saying.

May I suggest a shorter time for holidays to hatch? Even with incubate it's two long days of waiting. 😅😂

I'm pretty impatient! :) :D

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The lack of activity is down to the vile new software. MANY people have said they don't enjoy being here any more. I certainly come a lot less than I used to; I trade with friends by PM and on another forum. The WYSIWYG editor makes it very much not fun any more.

Just saying.

Well see, it's not only here. As vile as tumblr is, Flight Rising, for example, has a lot of activity on there. Dragon Cave..? very very few mentions. I never had a facebook, so I can't say if it's different there, but I hardly see people talking about the site anywhere. General interest, I think, is down.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just saying.

If you're comfortable saying, Fuzz, what is the other forum you're on? I used to belong to a different one and left after I really didn't have time to be in two places at once anymore. I haven't checked back in to see if it's become more active. I should probably do that at some point.

I'm not comfortable in public as it has EXACTLY NOTHING to do with dragons and more to do with an interest of mine that I don't choose to discuss here !. But as it's you, I will PM :)

So I've managed to get a hold of all the Cbs I needed....execept Val '09s.  I still have time to hunt for them and breed the stuff I want, and I have a nuclear option I can use but I'd really rather catch them.  Too bad I have no super messy Rosebuds......:lol:

Edited by prpldrgnfr

4 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

So I've managed to get a hold of all the Cbs I needed....execept Val '09s.  I still have time to hunt for them and breed the stuff I want, and I have a nuclear option I can use but I'd really rather catch them.  Too bad I have no super messy Rosebuds......

PM'd you.

52 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Just saying.

Uh.. sorry for being a scrub, but what is WYSIWTG? I see it looks like a compiler.... I'm very confused XD

Well, I only joined the Facebook DC group about a year and a half ago, but activity there has seemed fairly consistent since I've been there. 

Just spent a full hour doing Actual Responsible things (organizing all my important medical/government papers from the last four years, dang that was a task!), and in that time my eggs gained a little over 200 views. If it keeps up at a steady pace they might actually have enough views to hatch when they reach 4 days!

@Coheart What You See Is What You Get.

I'm now hunting for a shimmerkin Mutamore and prizekin '16 Valentine dragons (their name eludes me right now) and then I'll be done until the new release.

9 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Uh.. sorry for being a scrub, but what is WYSIWTG? I see it looks like a compiler.... I'm very confused XD

(I see I had a typo or you did. :))

What you see is what you get. We can't use BBcode any more. And so a lot of editing is a real pain.

Oops ninjaed.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Oh I am loving the holiday area. Glad I can get CBs of the Valentines I missed. Was the holiday area also available in December too? I didn't notice it at all if so :blink: but I did find it strange I got a CB from the AP. I hope it stays so i can get CBs I missed next year ^_^

As for the Alt Sweetlings... I will take the discussion to the proper new post (tho I will say I had no idea they were an exclusive just because of a glitch even tho I have been here since 08 & thought I had a chance at getting one by at least trading).

I guess that's what happens when you take a break from forums for a while but I hope to be more active so I'm happy to see the new dragons & discussions.

@Dorchet ohh, that's cool. I guess I missed those (we didn't have power for a long time because of a hurricane so I did miss the Halloween & was late for Christmas but at least I managed to get the last new ones hehe)

5 minutes ago, DragonessLover said:

If this started yesterday why did I not see Valentine option yet?

You mean the biome? It is in the cave right beside the Volcano biome.

Drat, I keep haunting the AP, but no one seems to be breeding last year’s V-day dragons and abandoning extras.  I want a whole bunch but can only get two by breeding right now.

Edited by Cthulu

Just now, Cthulu said:

two b bDrat, I keep haunting the AP, but no one seems to be breeding last year’s V-day dragons and abandoning extras.  I want a whole bunch but can only get two by breeding right now.

Is there a way to make sure or teleport the others to specific people without them going to the ap?

I'm eager to be unlocked again tonight so I can try to get the last few things I need. One trade, two cave catches, and hoping to be able to get two more second gens of certain lines. then the rest is fun AP hunting.

15 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Is there a way to make sure or teleport the others to specific people without them going to the ap?

Magi dragon BSA!