TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

2 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

THINKING On that particular suggestion, I have decided that I agree.

WHILE I do think a way for those that don't have them to have at least BRED Alt sweets is desirable, the issue with having sweets alt the way blacks, vines or undines do is the fact that they ONLY breed true once a year.

well with alt breeding we could do certain days. like the big thing about the black sweetlings was they represented SAD day. the day after valentines for all those lonely hearts who dont have anybody. it would break the holiday breeding mold, but also make this holiday more special. by breeding only sweetlings the day after valentines would guarantee become an alt.

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Unless the CB limits are upped to allow for two of each colour - I think this would not meet with general approval either. And I really don't see any reason why the limits should be raised until such time as Christmas limits are also raised - which could easily be never. It IS one breed - just as the snow angels are.

Then let it continue behaving like the snow angels! One variant for one scroll please.

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

well with alt breeding we could do certain days. like the big thing about the black sweetlings was they represented SAD day. the day after valentines for all those lonely hearts who dont have anybody. it would break the holiday breeding mold, but also make this holiday more special. by breeding only sweetlings the day after valentines would guarantee become an alt.

Hmmmmm...Interesting idea.

Nice thing about this solution is that it would NOT mess up existing lineages, AND it would allow for lineages in exitence to be continued.

Like that lovely one somebody posted a page ago... would be a pity to lose that.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It IS one breed - just as the snow angels are.

And Aegides and Solstices. There *are* already according features in place that can work.

29 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

And Aegides and Solstices. There *are* already according features in place that can work.

AND....to be honest, I feel like this is part of the reason why many people ( NOT all, mind you) want sweets ( and SAs, also) 'fixed'.

They KNOW it can be done and see no good reason why it shouldn't be.

Speaking of.... it would be NICE if, if there was a very definite reason why something SHOULD NOT be done witht he sweets ( For example a veto from their spriters)

Then it woulde NICE if the Bossman would inform us of that. Something of that nature I can definitely respect, even if I don't LIKE it.

Edited by JavaTigress

33 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Both those are a matter of choice. Breed time, deliberate enragement. Sweetlings and snow angels are scroll coded - a different kettle of fish.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Both those are a matter of choice. Breed time, deliberate enragement. Sweetlings and snow angels are scroll coded - a different kettle of fish.

Right now they are, sure. But functions, scripts, programs can be changed - TJ displayed that with the two changes he announced within less than 1 day of the event.

I'm sure he could also implement a choice feature to the two currently-scroll-dependently coloured breeds. It's really only a matter of what he wants to implement or not, so we're giving reasons and suggestions.

11 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Right now they are, sure. But functions, scripts, programs can be changed - TJ displayed that with the two changes he announced within less than 1 day of the event.

I'm sure he could also implement a choice feature to the two currently-scroll-dependently coloured breeds. It's really only a matter of what he wants to implement or not, so we're giving reasons and suggestions.

This exactly, Fuzz.

They are CURRENTLY scroll-coded, that is true.

Doesn't mean they have to stay that way.

I know. But it was suggested that they were in some way like Aegis and Solstices - and  they are not.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I know. But it was suggested that they were in some way like Aegis and Solstices - and  they are not.

*Nods* I get what you are saying.

No they are NOT. ( Which I believe is WHY they are a problem.)

I took what was said to mean that they could be made to BEHAVE more like the Solstices or Aegises. THOUGH Possibly I misunderstood.

Edited by JavaTigress

Ugh, I go to bed and the drama starts up again. 

I find it very amusing that every single time there's a little drama on DC, or a decision is made that not everyone agrees with, there are people who will say that DC is going downhill, will end up shutting down, will lose it's playerbase, etc etc. There has been major drama and controversial decisions on DC for as long as I've been a member, and I've never seen any indication that it somehow meant DC was going to fail. There are still plenty of old-timers around, still plenty of newer players, still plenty of activity on the site and in the hatcheries. While I may not agree with every decision that's made, it hasn't lessened my enjoyment of the game, and I'm pretty sure many people feel the same way.

14 hours until my first v-day eggs can hatch, arggghhhh. I'm really just way too impatient. 

2 hours ago, LibbyLishly said:

I would be chill with only being able to alt bred Sweetlings. I do want to see SOME new CB alts out there one way or another for the sake of lineage builders, though.

I still think alts based on time or BSA are still the best option. No random chance, no only-alts-breed-alts.

Then you would have people with crap internet/very specific times they can be online who would be ~removed~ that they cannot get on to get the color they want! Or that they just CANT get the color they want because they are having no luck grabbing at that time. I mean lets say its an Australian kid who can only be online for an hour a day (their day) meaning it would be NIGHT cave time...this means they'd totally miss out on the daytime form  (day/night forms are always based on CAVE time...not personal time) unless they traded half their life away...and with limited time online trading can be challenging sometimes.

Also a BSA would be a terrible idea because first off...it would ruin already gorgeous lineages. Secondly if someone got p*ssed off at someone (s) who had lineages that included said persons CB sweet in its pink or alt form...they could change form to totally ~removed~ other persons' lineage as the ulimate ~removed~ (and we know in a site where people are petty enough to attempt to kill other peoples' pixels through viewbombing that there WOULD be those petty enough to do this. I think some people have already performed this with the Aegis dergs)

Even the best option....of going back to the way things used to be.. will probably p*ss off people too. 

Well it wouldnt be a holiday event if someone wasnt ~removed~ about something! At least TJ seems to have remembered what ratios worked best for Christmas and has reapplied it here...no one seems to be complaining about not being able to catch 09s XD

Edited by purpledragonclaw

5 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Also a BSA would be a terrible idea because first off...it would ruin already gorgeous lineages.

Hence my suggestion to only enable this BSA for Sweetlings without offspring.

9 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Even the best option....of going back to the way things used to be.. will probably p*ss off people too. 

My preference anyway. It wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing - even though I happen to wish I had ended up with alts..

And now I just want my things to hatch so that I can go catch !

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh yeah. me, too! 13 hours before the first one hatches (but I won't be awake then yet XD)

I've got longer than that :(

17 hours, I believe.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

My preference anyway. It wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing - even though I happen to wish I had ended up with alts..

Trouble IS... TJ DID tinker with it.

SO... he sort of opened a huge can of creepy crawlers, there, IMHO.

I, for one, had sort of come to accept that I couldn't have an altsweet ( OR other colors of the SAs). The source of much of the discontent HERE IS that instead of each scroll being home to ONE color ( AS It was before, and as was begrudgingly accepted by the player base, as I saw it for the eight years the sweets existed), some players are now permitted to have BOTH colors on their scroll while others are not( THIS IS at LEAST as I personally understand the changes that have been made...). Many people think that change isn't fair ( AND I admit it is hard to blame them). IF the thing had been left well enough alone, as it was, I don't believe there WOULD be this level of grumbling. ( EXAMPLE... at Christmas you didn't see this kind of drama over SAs which WERE LEFT to continue to behave as they had always done; which is to say.... one scroll, one color , such as it was).

Edited by JavaTigress

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've got longer than that :(

17 hours, I believe.

And I bet you get yours before me.  One thing about the firefox update that I didn't want is that a blue strip goes along the tab top when it's fully refreshed, so you can do it again.  Not catching me anything, but a good indicator.

I was hoping this would simmer down overnight, but apparently I was wrong. There is still a lot of negativity about the Alt Sweetling changes going on, and it's detracting from the positivity that could be gained by discussing the return of CB prior Valentine's releases and looking forward to the new release. There are a lot of good suggestions in here for how to handle the debate, so I'm going to suggest creating a new thread in Suggestions/Requests to handle it. This thread is not designed for that purpose.

5 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I was hoping this would simmer down overnight, but apparently I was wrong. There is still a lot of negativity about the Alt Sweetling changes going on, and it's detracting from the positivity that could be gained by discussing the return of CB prior Valentine's releases and looking forward to the new release. There are a lot of good suggestions in here for how to handle the debate, so I'm going to suggest creating a new thread in Suggestions/Requests to handle it. This thread is not designed for that purpose.

Hmmmm.... having a separate designated thread for this discussion is perhaps an excellent idea. 

WHILE it may need to be had, you are perhaps right purpledragonclaw that this isn't the place...

19 hours till mine hatch. I woke up a little late to the event starting.

I know they aren't Spriters alts per say, but I have always treated the black sweetlings as I do the SA's I get as gifts or trades. I'm glad I got black sweetling kin even if I never get a cb one myself, and I try to get as low gen black sweetling kin as I can. Lol I'de love a 2nd gen pink sweetling from a black sweetling just as much as a real 2nd gen SA kin. I never thought the rules and how to get them or who would get them would change. While BSA seems like the best option to most I'm kinda flip floppy with it cause people would be changing nice checkered lineages as mentioned by others. The only way I see all fairness is if the limit were raised just for sweetlings and no other holiday to 4 cb's, allowing people to keep whatever old cb sweetling colors they have, and then getting the two cb's of the new color through bsa or other way of getting them. This ensures lineages built from the originals aren't tampered with and everyone gets a chance at an alt sweetling.

Just my thoughts on that, but really I don't mind the whole sweetling thing. I'm so happy to have gotten cb's of holidays I've missed that any other drama is like null. If I had blacks or pinks either way I would only be mad at color changes or breeding color changes for them if I had long lineages or trades with others concerning the colors.

edit:  I apologize for posting this after you Purple I was making this post before you gave warning to put it into suggestions.

Edited by TerraAnne

Why must the Valentine's biome empty in half a second when I'm still in need of CB Rosebuds?

Edited by prismatika

2 minutes ago, prismatika said:

Not going to lie. I don't care what happens with the Sweetlings. Would it be cool if everyone could have both? Of course! That being said, I'm more concerned with the fact that the Valentine's biome empties in half a second and I'm still in need of CB Rosebuds.

Hunt the hourly...takes longer to empty.

30 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hence my suggestion to only enable this BSA for Sweetlings without offspring.

So like you can use the BSA....but if you breed your sweetling it no longer is usable...trapping your sweetling at a certain outcome? Hael no! That means to get an alt I would have to ditch one of my two original date outcomes! Which wont happen. So this BSA idea is a no go and would have people, myself included, calling foul!