TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

4 minutes ago, Claudii said:

Bred by day = usual Sweetling, Bred by night = alt Sweetling.

Sounds simple enough (although expect drama like with Solstice breeding timer issues :lol:).

If BSA, then it should only be available for Sweetlings without offspring. Retroactive lineage issues solved!

And the drama is still going on...

Here is some love since this is a VALENTINEs event. ;)

dd519960659517ce1bc72e767ecc2bd6.jpg

And now I will continue watching my freshly catched CBs and being pretty happy about the oppurtunity to get those. <3

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

And only one Val09 left until I complete my CB collection - I'm having a grand time and can't wait to see the new holiday dragon!

I can totally see that. :D

I did too much breeding and trading - need to wait until day 5 before I can start hunting :lol:

Missing 2 Val's, 2 Sweetlings, and 1 of each of the 3 following years. Though I'll probably keep my frozen Heartseeker hatchie ...

2 minutes ago, Terces said:

I just wanted to point out that the new changes do affect others, for instance a lineage Ruby Eyes was working on is now impossible to finish since eggs from Pink Sweetlings will always be Pink no matter what scroll they grow up on.

I was moreso talking about affecting what sprites that people are able to collect on their own scroll, but that is terrible and I am very sorry for Ruby Eyes. It is sad that this whole thing happened in the first place...

16 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

I really do wish the argument would stop. Because now I am terrified that I am going to lose my boys and their lines again with all the people screaming, unfair! 

I don't think it's appropriate to accuse people who are calmly stating the fact that they don't find the situation fair of "screaming". That's pretty hyperbolic, don't you think?

I just love how when they were retired in the first place, most people had no problem with it, because it didnt affect them in any way. And now that the people who were heartbroken are given back what shouldnt have been taken away in the first place, and this new change was put in place, still having no affect on anyone else in any way, suddenly its a problem. 

It is not true AT ALL that most people were fine with the initial retirement announcement. TJ altered that decision, as far as we can tell, due to the intense blowback he received from everyone - regardless of whether they had alts or not - saying that was a terrible idea. I have seen exactly one person in this thread post that she wanted to see the sprites gone entirely and I heartily disagree with that. Literally no one is asking him to go back to the retirement decision - most of the discussion is revolving around ways to allow everyone to also raise alts of their own. 

I may be frustrated with TJ's decisions so far in this particular matter, but I don't think we need to worry about him being so capricious that he takes away the alts again as some petty punishment. If that was the type of game I thought I was playing I would have left a long time ago.

Got my 2nd '09 Valentine and now I'm FREE! No longer chained to the cave every 5 mins!

1 minute ago, zaverxi said:

Got my 2nd '09 Valentine and now I'm FREE! No longer chained to the cave every 5 mins!

Wish I had.  That one '09 egg still eludes me!

25 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:
31 minutes ago, Claudii said:

Bred by day = usual Sweetling, Bred by night = alt Sweetling.

Sounds simple enough (although expect drama like with Solstice breeding timer issues :lol:).

If BSA, then it should only be available for Sweetlings without offspring. Retroactive lineage issues solved!

Perfect plan is perfect.

Clearly this thread needs cookies. Here.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

I was moreso talking about affecting what sprites that people are able to collect on their own scroll, but that is terrible and I am very sorry for Ruby Eyes. It is sad that this whole thing happened in the first place...

Oh of course! I should have been more clear that I didn't mean peoples personal sprites were affected, my bad. I'm glad you and other Black Sweetling owners can still breed and raise them - TJ seemed pretty quick to reverse his original decision so I think your boys (and their future boys) will be safe. :)

On a general note I don't mind that users with Black Sweetlings can also raise Pink ones, it's just a bummer that certain lineages are no longer doable under the new changes. Certainly I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to work with Blacks, but I'll just continue working on my Pink checkers so... business as usual!

Hopefully I'll catch that second CB 09 Val that I failed grab back in the day - even getting one was hard for me at the time - without too much frustration once my first batch of bred stuff hatches. Fingers crossed that the CB rush dies down a little bit by tomorrow. XD

1 hour ago, stagazer_7 said:

Ehm... no, just please no. I shudder to think TJ could actually take this idea seriously and implement it. While I'd also love to have an alt Sweetling, I'd rather not have them if the price is having dozens of beautiful pink Sweetling lineages, some of which took years of breeding with mates one needed to work hard to get, ruined 'Aegis style' (and you can bet plenty of them would be ruined since I can assume most will wish to have one CB normal and one CB alt Sweet). Either have them alt immediately after hatching or not alt at all, no retroactive adjustments. With Aegises you know you're dependent on others and take a gamble when you decide to make lineages with them, these are the rules and we knew them from the start. But this is not the nature of Sweetling breeding so one can't use the 'nature of the bease/dependant on others when breeding' argument. Pink Sweetlings are pink, not 'maybe alt someday if their owners feel like it'.

I understand the wish of having alt Sweets but please take other players into consideration before requesting something with such serious repercussions as implementing such a suggestion would have. There must be better ways.

I do really appreciate your opinion on this and I did try to take as many people into consideration as I could, hence why I introduced not just 1 solution across all of my posts, but 4. And I am sure that you have noticed that I did originally propose that perhaps there should be a 50/50 chance for CB Sweetlings to Alt, but then another issue arises - unless all sweetlings start breeding true and alts just become dependent on chance, that will become problematic because what if out of the clutch of 3 you pick the "wrong" one, you're not really allowed to see the color before it hatches... So if say you wanted to get a pink one instead of a black one(or traded for a specific one) then that will also "ruin" the line for you. Thus "Either have them alt immediately after hatching or not alt at all" needs to be a multi-layered mechanic to make it not quite so frustrating. I think one way a BSA solution could work well is if only Sweetlings bred/caught after a specific date are able to perform it(e.g. ones caught on or after the start of this breeding season), this way existing lines stay unaffected and most players will likely pick their CB Sweetling color fairly quickly. I am guessing Sweetlings involved in lineages won't really have their colour changed(I haven't seen that happen to a lineage with Aegides just yet but maybe I just haven't paid too much attention to it).And those who owned the original Sweetlings can release one of theirs and get a new one in case they want to have 1 of each(or wait until next year to see if maybe limits will be raised and we can all have 2 each). Though Ruby Eyes' suggestion about the BSA being available to childless Sweetlings does also solve the issue :)

I think the color based on time of the breeding is also a good suggestion, as long as it is not retroactive. I was definitely not happy when the Solstice wing color change happened out of the blue...This solution might create some traffic jams when catching CBs though because I am sure a lot of people would want to get their hands on a CB Alt so catching those would become a real nightmare for a while(seeing how many are already struggling with current length/speed of the drops)

Edited by ArielGrint

30 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Perfect plan is perfect.

Clearly this thread needs cookies. Here.

maxresdefault.jpg

*Nabs a cookie* Thankee libbyLishly.

On the positive side I have caught myself a few CBs at last.* Huggles pretty eggies and incubates them*

The only way /I/ would be okay with wider distribution of the alt sweetlings (as a non alt owner) would be if they were EXACTLY like alt blacks, undines, and vines. So only produced by breeding, the only allowed CBs being the CBs we currently have on site (kind of like the honorable mention CB hybrids). This way everyone would have the abilities to get alts. The only cons to this is seemingly 90% of the vocal "we want alts too" party want CAVEBORN alts not bred ones. Also the whole "your holiday dragons can breed true once per year" would suck for lineage folk if they went to go breed/trade for a pink and the egg they got hatched alt. 

Also I dont think a 50/50 alt or not ratio would work. Non of the other alts work on a 50/50 ratio...if they did I would have FAR MORE than I do now! 

Also saw someone mention that the "IDGAF party" wants the alts to be a cash cow or something? Im an IDGAFer, do not own alt sweets, do not even own (as far as I know) 2gs with alt sweet lineage...sooo yeah could care less their value too? Please stop tarring everyone with the same brush just because they have a differeing opinion :3

11 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

The only way /I/ would be okay with wider distribution of the alt sweetlings (as a non alt owner) would be if they were EXACTLY like alt blacks, undines, and vines. So only produced by breeding, the only allowed CBs being the CBs we currently have on site (kind of like the honorable mention CB hybrids). This way everyone would have the abilities to get alts. The only cons to this is seemingly 90% of the vocal "we want alts too" party want CAVEBORN alts not bred ones. Also the whole "your holiday dragons can breed true once per year" would suck for lineage folk if they went to go breed/trade for a pink and the egg they got hatched alt. 

Also I dont think a 50/50 alt or not ratio would work. Non of the other alts work on a 50/50 ratio...if they did I would have FAR MORE than I do now! 

Also saw someone mention that the "IDGAF party" wants the alts to be a cash cow or something? Im an IDGAFer, do not own alt sweets, do not even own (as far as I know) 2gs with alt sweet lineage...sooo yeah could care less their value too? Please stop tarring everyone with the same brush just because they have a differeing opinion :3

MYSELF. I'd be happy enough with bred alt sweets as,so far, anyway, bred sweets are the ONLY ones I own ( AND Until this year the only ones I had any chance to own).

So this solution you suggest,would for me, be a far sight better than not having any alt sweets at all.

AS you say tho.... the issue I'd have would be for those peeps interested in lineages that grab an egg because pretty only to find the thing alted( OR didn't).

I'm sorry, but I think the Alt Sweetling = Alt Black, Vine, Undine, etc. idea is a horrible one for a dragon that is only available once a year! If I was someone breeding for an all pink line and my hatchling alted, it would be a whole year before I could try again. No thanks!

2 hours ago, Vampyre said:

Show me a virtual game that is fair from beginning to end? All I've run into (both console/handheld and online) are games where only the no lifers and random lucky people actually are good, have the best gear, etc etc. There's been times I've picked up an E10 (that means suitable for anyone 10 and older) game and legit almost threw my DS across the room after failing almost 50 times on one spot. (Legit this one part on the yokai watch game?...) Fair games would mean I could start playing today and be exactly level with all the nolifers who have been playing for years (so basically like joining DC and immediately being handed adult dragons of every single breed without having to work for them.) Heck even in pro sports it isnt fair! After all only one team can win and walk home with the trophy. Only a few players get labeled "MVP" any given year. In  American football the most talked about/known/loved players are the Quarterbacks. How fair is it to know you can be the best runningback but that in 50 years the only remembered player on your team will be the Quarterback?

If you see games as "fair" in all ways...I'd have to ask you to uncheck your "rose tinted glasses" button on YOUR browser!

LOL, Fair game does not mean you could start playing today and be exactly level with all the nolifers who have been playing for years, fair game means that all people regardless of age/color/religion/gender/anything are given the exact same chances, and what separates them is their skill/playing time/intelligence 

Game is not unfair if I'm better than you at it, game is unfair if I'm given an advantage in it just because I'm lucky/rich/etc

P.S. A bunch of runningbacks won MVP awards, yes in many sports certain positions are more fleshy, but it's you and your skills and the work you put it that put you on a certain path, Manning is not one of the best players due to luck, but due to skill and work...

17 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

The only cons to this is seemingly 90% of the vocal "we want alts too" party want CAVEBORN alts not bred ones.

Huh, I got the opposite impression from this thread. Several people suggested leaving the CB's for the orignal owners but have Alt Sweetlings breed true regardless of scrolls.

And I'd like my pink ones to make black eggs. They used to be able to do that at least for alt owners ...

It would just be really cool if one could choose what colour the Sweetling is going to be, since there *are* effectively 2 colourations out there. For Solstices and Aegides, you can choose. It seems to be only the old breeds (Sweetling and Snow Angel) that are having such issues ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

And I'd like my pink ones to make black eggs. They used to be able to do that at least for alt owners ...

It would just be really cool if one could choose what colour the Sweetling is going to be, since there *are* effectively 2 colourations out there. For Solstices and Aegides, you can choose. It seems to be only with the old breeds (Sweetling and Snow Angel) that are having such issues ...

I notice this too.

PERSONALLY I'd like to see solutions for both... though ONE battle at a time ;)

Seeing all those opinions, I think I'd prefer the BSA, but only for Sweetlings since this event solution.

We get a choice, but have to work for it (fullfill the condition of the BSA to trigger), and previous lineages are unaffected.

Downside: CB black owners who want a CB pink would have to release one of their originals and that would mean a ton of lineages would suddently have an unnamed wild dragon in there. Edit: and obvisouly vice versa for original release CB pink owners, sorry. I think that's the so far smallest downside I've seen?

Edit:  Btw, a line I worked on in cooperation with Siliskor, that will die with this event if nothing changes:  https://dragcave.net/lineage/fYFIw

Edited by Shroomlet

I would be chill with only being able to alt bred Sweetlings. I do want to see SOME new CB alts out there one way or another for the sake of lineage builders, though.

I still think alts based on time or BSA are still the best option. No random chance, no only-alts-breed-alts.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Be. I would BE chill.

5 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I would chill with only being able to alt bred Sweetlings. I do want to see SOME new CB alts out there one way or another for the sake of lineage builders, though.

I still think alts based on time or BSA are still the best option. No random chance, no only-alts-breed-alts.

THINKING On that particular suggestion, I have decided that I agree.

WHILE I do think a way for those that don't have them to have at least BRED Alt sweets is desirable, the issue with having sweets alt the way blacks, vines or undines do is the fact that they ONLY breed true once a year. WHILE with dragons that breed relatively readily the whole year through it is annoying enough, I am sure , for those interested in the lineages.... or even just desperately hoping for an alt... BUT with a  dragon that can ONLY give you eggs of its breed once a year? That'd honestly be a dealbreaker for me, now that I have had a chance to think about it a bit more. There has GOT to be a better way.

Edited by JavaTigress

Unless the CB limits are upped to allow for two of each colour - I think this would not meet with general approval either. And I really don't see any reason why the limits should be raised until such time as Christmas limits are also raised - which could easily be never. It IS one breed - just as the snow angels are.