TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

19 hours ago, ArielGrint said:

I don't often take part in "drama" discussions, but I do feel like this is worth it. I disagree with the decision regarding Alt Sweetlings... I believe that they either should stay the way they were(so those who have alt-scrolls will only get alts and those who have normal scrolls could only have normal dragons) or they should start breeding true regardless of the scroll coding. Or maybe even there should be a 50/50 chance for the new CBs to Alt. What to me makes the current decision unfair is the fact that now some users can have both variations, while others can only have 1. Alt Sweetlings were indeed a consolation prize for the glitch that happened a while ago and that is fine, but why should those users now be given an "extra" reward? The way Sweetlings have worked up until now was fine with most users, so why fix what ain't broke?

However, I do feel like it is unfair to punish people for not being on DC long enough. Now that all of the old CB Holidays have been re-released and with Arias & Frills back in the cave newer users are at less of a disadvantage as they no longer have to pay ridiculous prices for 2g Hollies/Val09s, but Alt Sweetlings have stayed a time-based privilege because they are only accessible to those who have been there for the original release. I remember a few years back during one of the Valentine events there was a glitch where people with pink-coded scrolls actually got alt hatchies from alt parents and honestly, that was great and maybe it should've been left at that. Just make both variations breed true and I think everyone will be happy with that. 

Also, I would really really really like to make it clear that I do not have any beef with Alt owners. You guys got affected by a pretty devastating glitch and that's how you "earned" your dragons, this is obviously not something you could've influenced and I am sure you couldn't have predicted the trading advantage at that point. My issue is with retroactive changes that are happening 8 years later and are creating a disparity that cannot be reasonably justified. I hope none of you feel attacked by my post :wub:

Basically, thumbs-up to all of this, so bumping it. 

As far as I can tell, the motive behind this change is the opposite of what's currently happening with CB Holidays and Prizes.  Prizes are now raffled off monthly, more obtainable than ever, and anyone can enter the raffle.  Plus, any player can have a bred Prize on their scroll.  CB Holidays are now dropping in the cave, for anyone who missed them the first time around to catch them now; again, more obtainable.  And again, players can have as many bred Holidays as they want on their scroll.  But it seems like the point of this change was to make the Alt Sweetlings -- which were already exclusive to the scrolls of their CB owners, as opposed to Prizes and Holidays -- less attainable: initially, no longer obtainable for anyone, and now, only obtainable from Alt owners by Alt owners.  I'm just confused as to why the desired result is: still no Alts on-scroll for Pink owners, less Alts than before for Alt owners, but also Pinks for Alt owners.  What's the reasoning behind it?

If Pink Sweetlings bred Pink Sweetlings, and Alt Sweetlings bred Alt Sweetlings, who would it hurt?  Or, if things had stayed as they were, what was the actual problem (that this change is ostensibly supposed to address)?  Why is it now important to ensure that less Alt Sweetlings are bred?  Or that now, Alt owners get Pinks on their scrolls, but that Pink owners don't get Alts?

6 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

While I am grateful for many changes made to the game in recent years, and do think positive attitudes should outweigh negative ones, it's always bothered me how people (self included) feel the need to sing praises and fawn every time we also suggest a change. TJ made the game, it's free, we enjoy it, we're grateful; doesn't mean every suggestion to new things should have to be preluded with a laundry list of everything we're grateful for. Again, it is important to keep the good things in mind and be cheerful on a whole, but on the forums it often feels like you need to use worshipfulness as a defense against people who would otherwise attack you for being greedy and ungrateful. Kinda instills an unpleasant mood. 

Anyway.

DC as a whole has shifted towards more obtainability, which is great. Unlike a lot of adoptables games, there really isn't a ton to do around DC beside the basic act of collecting and making lineages (which by necessity stems from collecting--can't do lineages without that). So the more of that collecting people can do, the better. Now, will the game die in a fiery explosion if we don't get Alt Sweets? Obviously not, just as it wouldn't have died if we hadn't gotten old CB Holidays back, or monthly raffles, or the return of Old Pinks and Frills. Yet those things happened, and were a great addition to the game! I haven't seen the fanbase so enthused in years! So since those improvements to collecting were so positive, why not let everyone get Alt Sweetlings and, hopefully, all Snow Angel colors? (More CB Christmas / Valentines would be great, too, but that's another matter, ehehe). I really see no reason against Snow Angels, and TJ already said he was open to it, so woohoo there. Alt Sweetlings... ok, yes, I get that they were a spontaneous reward for a glitch from a time when the cave was pretty different and they're kind of a weird case. But as mentioned before, they're here, they exist, just like prizes. I really don't think it would hurt to spread them around. Yah, ok, they're pretty little weirdos. But if you just look at them as a variant in the same vein as Snow Angels, which is essentially what they boil down to, it's not a big deal. Unless Kila really, really wasn't ok with doing so, I'd like to see them spread.

I'll also note that Alt Sweets aren't my favorite Valentine (ROSEBUDS FOR LIFE), and I enjoy Valentine to oodles with or without 'em. But I think it would be even more fun with 'em, and I don't think there's a compelling reason to not add them. :)

Bringing up this wonderfully put point by angelicdragonpuppy again, because it just derserves visibility.

Also, my point stands: add a BSA to Sweetlings similar to Aegis: If a certain situation is met on a scroll, a recent refusal or sickness were discussed, refusal was favored, the BSA becomes available and a pink Sweetling can be turned black. Analogous, if a certain different situation is met, e.g. a pair on your scroll successfully breeding, the counter-version of this BSA is activated and a black Sweetling can be turned pink. The names I suggested for those BSAs would be "heartbreak" to turn black, and "honeymoon" to turn pink. The respective Sweetling wouldn't have to be directly involved in the breeding resulting in eggs or refusal to unlock the BSA (unless TJ would insist on that).

21 hours ago, ArielGrint said:

I don't often take part in "drama" discussions, but I do feel like this is worth it. I disagree with the decision regarding Alt Sweetlings... I believe that they either should stay the way they were(so those who have alt-scrolls will only get alts and those who have normal scrolls could only have normal dragons) or they should start breeding true regardless of the scroll coding. Or maybe even there should be a 50/50 chance for the new CBs to Alt. What to me makes the current decision unfair is the fact that now some users can have both variations, while others can only have 1. Alt Sweetlings were indeed a consolation prize for the glitch that happened a while ago and that is fine, but why should those users now be given an "extra" reward? The way Sweetlings have worked up until now was fine with most users, so why fix what ain't broke?

However, I do feel like it is unfair to punish people for not being on DC long enough. Now that all of the old CB Holidays have been re-released and with Arias & Frills back in the cave newer users are at less of a disadvantage as they no longer have to pay ridiculous prices for 2g Hollies/Val09s, but Alt Sweetlings have stayed a time-based privilege because they are only accessible to those who have been there for the original release. I remember a few years back during one of the Valentine events there was a glitch where people with pink-coded scrolls actually got alt hatchies from alt parents and honestly, that was great and maybe it should've been left at that. Just make both variations breed true and I think everyone will be happy with that. 

Also, I would really really really like to make it clear that I do not have any beef with Alt owners. You guys got affected by a pretty devastating glitch and that's how you "earned" your dragons, this is obviously not something you could've influenced and I am sure you couldn't have predicted the trading advantage at that point. My issue is with retroactive changes that are happening 8 years later and are creating a disparity that cannot be reasonably justified. I hope none of you feel attacked by my post :wub:

Very well said, not much else I can add to it really as it echoes my sentiments to the dot. I don't like commenting on situations like these, but to see one side be able to get both while another can only have one is unfair; either both sides get both, or both stick with one.

14 hours ago, Brekke said:

Years ago when I first started, I wondered if TJ was actually a sociologist, and this whole place was just an experiment about human behavior.  I still wonder sometimes... :D 

This is quite possibly one of the best quotes on Dragon Cave I've ever read. Brilliant.

I dont know why every holiday people have to cause drama? Its Valentines people! The goddang holiday of LOVE ...and here you are crying about dang alt Sweets. Do you feel like. TJ has rejected being your Valentines or something?

While I dont care either way (I never personally went out of my way to trade for 2gs from the alts as I knew I wouldnt get alts myself) ...I do care about how ...entitled...the users seem to think they are? At first it was just people crying because they couldnt get old pinks and frills...so TJ GRACIOUSLY gave them back (idk why....after all we lost them due to overwhelming sprite hate...dont know what would have changed in the few years we didnt have them). Then the next hue and cry was that there werent many CB prizes and no way to get them really (after all the raffles had apparently stopped).so he fixed that with the monthly raffles which, in a year or so, will make a 2G prize about as rare and special as a dang 2g gold/silver. Then the hue and cry was that so many people didnt have CBs of ALL the holidays (I myself was missing 3-4 years of each holiday season!) ...now TJ has rectified this and it STILL isnt enough!?!? Legit the ONLY dragons still on limited scrolls (meaning that they will always be on limited scrolls) are alt sweets and spriters' alts...maybe a few CB hybrids on those honorable mentions from the old raffles. If TJ gives in and gives us alt Sweets what next? You going to start demanding CB hybrids? Going to want to be able to request your own "Spriters' alt"? When will it end? This is a game people...games are never fair...and this one is the FAIREST one I have found on the internet in my 10+ years on it!

This is a completely FREE game. Yeah you can donate, but aside from no ads (which adblock cures anyways) you get nothing special. Therefore there is no mythical gun being held to your head telling you to donate. There is no sense of "oh crap I got to donate NOW before X month's donation pet gets swapped for the next one" and no paying an arm and a leg and your soul because you were broke for a month/missed the window to buy the donation pet.

I play games where some of the most GORGEOUS of the pets/items/etc are donation only and cost literally an arm and a leg to get. On one game (Magistream) there are some recorded months where the ONLY new releases were the 3 monthly donation pets! At least here we pretty much have an event/new release just about every month AND its available to everyone! With the holiday biome now you dont even have to worry about not being online during special holidays anymore! We, as a site, need to count our overwhelming majority of blessings...and stop agonizing over the few dragons we cant get.

Also you guys are acting like its so terrible that alt sweet owners get the pinks? Have you realized theres only a few dozen of them...and some of that "few dozen" no longer play? Is it fair that a very small handful of players cant collect a good portion (that is probably about to get bigger) of gorgeous lineages because their alt sweets would just ruin them? Y'all are crying about "its not fair" ...well...it wasnt fair to alt sweet owners either. Now they can get pinks if they want. Whats more the ONLY way they can get CB pink sweets is if they ditch their CB alts! Its not like suddenly TJ is all "heres 2 CB  pink sweets to balance out your CB alt sweets". All TJ has enabled is the ability of a handful of players to join in the creation and continuation of hundreds of thousands of current and future lineages instead of leaving them ostracized because their alts would ruin the lineage. I dont know of really any lineage that only needs alt sweets? So...yeah think of the other side of the arguement and how good you have it here before you start screaming about how unfair it is!

7 minutes ago, Jay4Jia said:

Anyone remember Valenth and how it died?

Yeah, DC's heading down this way. ;)

Oh, don't even joke about that. It was just salt in the wound that you-know-who decided to pull the plug around Valentine's Day. :dry: /bitter

Thankfully, I think TJ respects us users much more, even if he doesn't always make decisions that we can all agree on.

10 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

This is a game people...games are never fair...and this one is the FAIREST one I have found on the internet in my 10+ years on it!

I've seen this happen once, a friend of mine ticked the "masochist" option in their browsing settings, you should check that out asap, that's the only thing I could think of, that could result in a statement such as "games are never fair"

Well it was for Hallowe'en and Christmas, so with any luck....

28 minutes ago, Jay4Jia said:

Anyone remember Valenth and how it died?

Yeah, DC's heading down this way. ;)

Says who ? I have never heard of Valenth - but I can't see this one dying any time soon.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Doer said:

I've seen this happen once, a friend of mine ticked the "masochist" option in their browsing settings, you should check that out asap, that's the only thing I could think of, that could result in a statement such as "games are never fair"

Show me a virtual game that is fair from beginning to end? All I've run into (both console/handheld and online) are games where only the no lifers and random lucky people actually are good, have the best gear, etc etc. There's been times I've picked up an E10 (that means suitable for anyone 10 and older) game and legit almost threw my DS across the room after failing almost 50 times on one spot. (Legit this one part on the yokai watch game?...) Fair games would mean I could start playing today and be exactly level with all the nolifers who have been playing for years (so basically like joining DC and immediately being handed adult dragons of every single breed without having to work for them.) Heck even in pro sports it isnt fair! After all only one team can win and walk home with the trophy. Only a few players get labeled "MVP" any given year. In  American football the most talked about/known/loved players are the Quarterbacks. How fair is it to know you can be the best runningback but that in 50 years the only remembered player on your team will be the Quarterback?

If you see games as "fair" in all ways...I'd have to ask you to uncheck your "rose tinted glasses" button on YOUR browser!

I find it funny how the forum community are mostly adults. But all this unnecessary ranting and bashing is getting out of hand. I guess video games does strange things to people.   

The decision on sweetlings is garbagéio. Literally the only word I have to describe it and it's not even English (or any language, for that matter haha).

I was so looking forward to more alt sweetlings... I thought, hey, at the very least TJ would be fair...ish. I don't see why alts can't breed true regardless of scroll; who does that hurt, exactly?? The people who are like "IDGAF" about the alts are also the same people complaining that alts would be cash cows if they bred true regardless of scroll... but who cares? If I want to spend a million rare dragons / etc on a sprite that's my business.

I just want the ability to *have* them and breed them. It's not my fault I didn't exist on this game at the exact right time to get my preferred sprite. This is going to end up like a Holly situation - which is probably the reason we HAVE this holiday biome in the first place. There will be less and less people willing to even breed their alts, and since they're the only ones who can create more alts, they'll start to disappear... if they won't already by the time this season is over.

Either we all have the chance to get both, or we all only get one (except via trading); it's only fair.

Yusss, time to hunt my missing CB's (just got my first CB Val09 and Sweetling!). I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the alt Sweets, but does this mean alt Sweet owners can have 4 CB Sweets now (2 blacks and two pinks)?

9 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

While I am grateful for many changes made to the game in recent years, and do think positive attitudes should outweigh negative ones, it's always bothered me how people (self included) feel the need to sing praises and fawn every time we also suggest a change. TJ made the game, it's free, we enjoy it, we're grateful; doesn't mean every suggestion to new things should have to be preluded with a laundry list of everything we're grateful for. Again, it is important to keep the good things in mind and be cheerful on a whole, but on the forums it often feels like you need to use worshipfulness as a defense against people who would otherwise attack you for being greedy and ungrateful. Kinda instills an unpleasant mood. 

I am very sad to say this, but I do agree with this statement. I am sure that everyone here is grateful for the game, I mean why stick around otherwise? I myself have taken a long hiatus because I stopped enjoying the game and was not necessarily happy with the way things were going and that is normal. I am back now and I love a lot of the changes that happened while I was gone and funnily enough I actually met or reconnected with a lot of people who went on a break for about the same period that I did and many of us left for similar reasons and actually came back for similar ones as well, which I think could be attributed to DC moving in the right direction and that is great, but that does not mean everything is magically perfect now. I do agree that it is important to keep things positive(at the end of the day it is a game that is supposed to help you relax and cheer you up ;) ), but I don't believe that all criticism should start or finish with praising everything to avoid being attacked... I see a fair bit of "why are you creating drama, why are you so negative and ungrateful" in this thread and I disagree with this. This time round I feel that most of the people taking part in this discussion(and making suggestions on how to improve this!) were actually pretty reasonable, made good points and never actually attacked anyone personally. Compared to a lot of the "drama" that went down with some past holidays I think this is much more civilised and actually I consider a lot of the discussion here constructive criticism. 

3 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

Basically, thumbs-up to all of this, so bumping it. 

As far as I can tell, the motive behind this change is the opposite of what's currently happening with CB Holidays and Prizes.  Prizes are now raffled off monthly, more obtainable than ever, and anyone can enter the raffle.  Plus, any player can have a bred Prize on their scroll.  CB Holidays are now dropping in the cave, for anyone who missed them the first time around to catch them now; again, more obtainable.  And again, players can have as many bred Holidays as they want on their scroll.  But it seems like the point of this change was to make the Alt Sweetlings -- which were already exclusive to the scrolls of their CB owners, as opposed to Prizes and Holidays -- less attainable: initially, no longer obtainable for anyone, and now, only obtainable from Alt owners by Alt owners.  I'm just confused as to why the desired result is: still no Alts on-scroll for Pink owners, less Alts than before for Alt owners, but also Pinks for Alt owners.  What's the reasoning behind it?

If Pink Sweetlings bred Pink Sweetlings, and Alt Sweetlings bred Alt Sweetlings, who would it hurt?  Or, if things had stayed as they were, what was the actual problem (that this change is ostensibly supposed to address)?  Why is it now important to ensure that less Alt Sweetlings are bred?  Or that now, Alt owners get Pinks on their scrolls, but that Pink owners don't get Alts?

I do agree with you that I understand what is being done, but I do not understand why. Even with re-release of a lot of the Holidays and with their being more CB Prizes being given out, there are still a lot of "challenges" that one can set for themselves when it comes to collecting dragons, CB Golds & Neglected haven't gone anywhere and seem to stay a nearly unattainable goal for most players. With Prizes one should also consider that there are now more users than ever... And the trend where a lot of CB Prize owners seem to want to mainly trade with other Prize owners, which still makes it hard for your average Joe or Jane to get a 2 gen(I am not saying that all CB Prize owners are like that, this is just based on what I mainly see in the trading thread lately). But this does kind of lead to my second point - the new change essentially forces some of the Alt owners into a tight-knit community. A few pages back I saw someone who is an Alt owner to say that they do not like the pink variant and only want to get the black ones. With the change, this means the only way this person is getting more dragons is if they trade with other Alt owners. Seeing how few there are and how some choose to retire their Alts(no judgement intended) or leave the game, this will make it significantly harder for them to find someone to trade with. As someone who has been working on a checker lineage involving female Hollies(of which there are very very few in general and a fairly large chunk of the owners has been inactive for years), I know how challenging it can be to make something like that happen. So in the end it might just be so that building Alt lineages will become near-impossible for Alt owners themselves. There was a lot of talk about Alts becoming cash cows - I believe this change does just that, for non-Alt owners who want to have offspring from Alt dragons it can become harder as Alt owners would have more incentive to trade with other Alt owners. Again, I am not trying to accuse anyone of anything or say that this WILL happen, but it is likely for at least a portion of the owners. 

Actually, one thing I wanted to say - I am so so so happy to see support for our "let's make things more fair" from Alt owners in this thread! A lot of the times I see arguments like "yes, well original CB Prize owners are not happy that those are less rare now and thus their trade value has dropped" and things in this kind of vein where owners of more "special" dragons are accused of greediness and to me it's really cool that we actually have Alt owners go "heck yes, I would love more people to get Alts!". I myself never thought of you guys as evil&greedy, but it's just nice to have your support like that :blush:

2 hours ago, Shroomlet said:

Bringing up this wonderfully put point by angelicdragonpuppy again, because it just derserves visibility.

Also, my point stands: add a BSA to Sweetlings similar to Aegis: If a certain situation is met on a scroll, a recent refusal or sickness were discussed, refusal was favored, the BSA becomes available and a pink Sweetling can be turned black. Analogous, if a certain different situation is met, e.g. a pair on your scroll successfully breeding, the counter-version of this BSA is activated and a black Sweetling can be turned pink. The names I suggested for those BSAs would be "heartbreak" to turn black, and "honeymoon" to turn pink. The respective Sweetling wouldn't have to be directly involved in the breeding resulting in eggs or refusal to unlock the BSA (unless TJ would insist on that).

As my original post is seeing more support now, I would like to underline that I agree with Shroomlet's statement above. When I wrote my options to make it fair (leave it as it were, breed true or make a 50/50 chance for new CBs to Alt) I kind of didn't even think of BSA for this being an option, I remember seeing it somewhere that Holiday dragons should never had BSAs, but when I saw Shroomlet's original post on it I basically slapped myself on the forehead with "Aegides, duuuh". So actually this would now be my preferred option I think as it would make it more fair and more fun I believe. I do understand the concern about "but what if someone decides to turn their Sweetling that is already in a line and ruin it" - unfortunately that is the nature of the beast(aka a game where you are dependent on others). Someone might decide to kill or release a dragon that's in a line that also ruins it for some... It is a gamble, but not unlike what we already have in the game. 

Edited by ArielGrint

28 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

IAlso you guys are acting like its so terrible that alt sweet owners get the pinks? Have you realized theres only a few dozen of them...and some of that "few dozen" no longer play? Is it fair that a very small handful of players cant collect a good portion (that is probably about to get bigger) of gorgeous lineages because their alt sweets would just ruin them? Y'all are crying about "its not fair" ...well...it wasnt fair to alt sweet owners either. Now they can get pinks if they want. Whats more the ONLY way they can get CB pink sweets is if they ditch their CB alts! Its not like suddenly TJ is all "heres 2 CB  pink sweets to balance out your CB alt sweets". All TJ has enabled is the ability of a handful of players to join in the creation and continuation of hundreds of thousands of current and future lineages instead of leaving them ostracized because their alts would ruin the lineage. I dont know of really any lineage that only needs alt sweets? So...yeah think of the other side of the arguement and how good you have it here before you start screaming about how unfair it is!

One alt scroller could have 1 cb pink sweet and 1 cb alt sweet. And that to me as mainly cb collector is totally not fair (:P) I don't mind the snow angles as I know others won't have all the 3 variants (if that changes then I do mind...). The alt sweetling wasn't a "problem" to me before as I knew others were bind to alts and others were to pinks.  And as the owners of cb alt sweets are dwindling (creating more problems for lineage makers) why not allow bot sprites for all? Sure make that player can only have 1 type cb but the offspring can be alt or pink in all scrolls. Why cant non alt owners hope that?

As for the "ungratefulness"... When one is voicing an opinion, negative in this case, it does not rule out the possibility that they are also enjoying the rest of the game or event and having other positive opinions. And of course they are going to voice their opinion more loudly if others are condescending to that opinion. This is a problem on BOTH sides. Calling it fair vs. unfair, elite vs. whiners or entitled, life vs. game... I don't think there's a /fair/ solution for this. out of the frying pan, into the fire.

23 minutes ago, Jay4Jia said:

I find it funny how the forum community are mostly adults. But all this unnecessary ranting and bashing is getting out of hand. I guess video games does strange things to people.   

WELL - my two grandchildren play but are not allowed on the forum. I imagine quite a few younger players are in the same position. So - not funny, in particular.

44 minutes ago, Shelybear said:

I like the festival specialised biome for holidays. Will it be the same in the future?

I think it will. For the last halloween and christmas releases, they were announced with "never available again - until next year" or something the like, so I'm guessing it will be the same for valentine's, and I'm also guessing that "until next year" means that the holiday-specific biome will also return for future years.

3 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

So very very this. I never ever saw a problem - but now we seem to have one.

4 hours ago, sroo said:

One alt scroller could have 1 cb pink sweet and 1 cb alt sweet. And that to me as mainly cb collector is totally not fair (:P) I don't mind the snow angles as I know others won't have all the 3 variants (if that changes then I do mind...). The alt sweetling wasn't a "problem" to me before as I knew others were bind to alts and others were to pinks.  And as the owners of cb alt sweets are dwindling (creating more problems for lineage makers) why not allow bot sprites for all? Sure make that player can only have 1 type cb but the offspring can be alt or pink in all scrolls. Why cant non alt owners hope that?

As for the "ungratefulness"... When one is voicing an opinion, negative in this case, it does not rule out the possibility that they are also enjoying the rest of the game or event and having other positive opinions. And of course they are going to voice their opinion more loudly if others are condescending to that opinion. This is a problem on BOTH sides. Calling it fair vs. unfair, elite vs. whiners or entitled, life vs. game... I don't think there's a /fair/ solution for this. out of the frying pan, into the fire.

That last point is exactly right. There is no way to make it fair to 100 percent of the people. Even if TJ gave us a little button on a sweetling's page to check wether or not we wanted it to display as an alt/breed alt babies etc...someone somewhere will feel as if someone has ~removed~ in their cheerios. You have to weigh the history of the sprite against how many people would be affected. He did that in his original decision (or so he thought) by discontinuing the alts...then people who didnt even HAVE alts (and werent affected much if at all) flipped out along with the small community of alt owners he had expected the backlash from...and he made the next best decision...he allowed the alts to stay WITH the alt ownets. But aldo gave them the ability to join the thousands of normal sweet owners in the pursuit of long, gorgeous sweet lineages. 

Its amusing that I see numbers like "half the site gets both colors". Not true...at best we had a couple hundred people get hit with the glitch. A good portion of them no longer plays. So all in all, at best, a few dozen folk get the enjoyment of having pinks AND alts. If y'all dont like ...fine. But at least be thabkful for what you DO have. I see a lot of folk not even being all "oh yay thanks for the event" or "omg I can get X valentines that I missed during X year" no...they immediately find the one small, insignificant fly in the ointment and harp on about how unfair to THEM it is. I say /Them/ because with most of them if they were given the alt sweets they'd immediately shut up and be happy...even if no one else got them.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I really do wish the argument would stop. Because now I am terrified that I am going to lose my boys and their lines again with all the people screaming, unfair! What's unfair was having a sprite you love and adore "retired", and all of the lines I, and my fellow Alt owners, worked so hard on rendered completely useless. With no warning whatsoever. After we had set up trades and waited a year to continue our lines, did our swaps, and collected our mates, ready for this VDay, all excited and ready. That was unfair.

Like i said before, i have no desire to collect the pinks. I dont want them. I just want to keep my boys the way they are. And now i have to hold my breath and just hope that they arent taken away again...

I just love how when they were retired in the first place, most people had no problem with it, because it didnt affect them in any way. And now that the people who were heartbroken are given back what shouldnt have been taken away in the first place, and this new change was put in place, still having no affect on anyone else in any way, suddenly its a problem. This whole thing just makes me sad and disappointed.

So i will say again, i dont care what "solution" is put into place, whether i "get to" collect pinks or not i really couldnt care less, all i really want is the keep my alts and be able to continue their lines. That's it. 

Please.

29 minutes ago, ArielGrint said:

As my original post is seeing more support now, I would like to underline that I agree with Shroomlet's statement above. When I wrote my options to make it fair (leave it as it were, breed true or make a 50/50 chance for new CBs to Alt) I kind of didn't even think of BSA for this being an option, I remember seeing it somewhere that Holiday dragons should never had BSAs, but when I saw Shroomlet's original post on it I basically slapped myself on the forehead with "Aegides, duuuh". So actually this would now be my preferred option I think as it would make it more fair and more fun I believe. I do understand the concern about "but what if someone decides to turn their Sweetling that is already in a line and ruin it" - unfortunately that is the nature of the beast(aka a game where you are dependent on others). Someone might decide to kill or release a dragon that's in a line that also ruins it for some... It is a gamble, but not unlike what we already have in the game. 

Ehm... no, just please no. I shudder to think TJ could actually take this idea seriously and implement it. While I'd also love to have an alt Sweetling, I'd rather not have them if the price is having dozens of beautiful pink Sweetling lineages, some of which took years of breeding with mates one needed to work hard to get, ruined 'Aegis style' (and you can bet plenty of them would be ruined since I can assume most will wish to have one CB normal and one CB alt Sweet). Either have them alt immediately after hatching or not alt at all, no retroactive adjustments. With Aegises you know you're dependent on others and take a gamble when you decide to make lineages with them, these are the rules and we knew them from the start. But this is not the nature of Sweetling breeding so one can't use the 'nature of the bease/dependant on others when breeding' argument. Pink Sweetlings are pink, not 'maybe alt someday if their owners feel like it'.

I understand the wish of having alt Sweets but please take other players into consideration before requesting something with such serious repercussions as implementing such a suggestion would have. There must be better ways.

I also don't like the idea with the BSA that much. Either a simple 50:50 chance of the Sweetling being an Alt, or maybe something like with the Solstices: Bred by day = usual Sweetling, Bred by night = alt Sweetling.

I'm also not thaaat happy about the idea to make them simply breed true, as I have this beauty and still hope to be able to get a perfect mate for it.

12 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

And now that the people who were heartbroken are given back what shouldnt have been taken away in the first place, and this new change was put in place, still having no affect on anyone else in any way, suddenly its a problem.

I just wanted to point out that the new changes do affect others, for instance a lineage Ruby Eyes was working on is now impossible to finish since eggs from Pink Sweetlings will always be Pink no matter what scroll they grow up on.

On 2018-02-08 at 9:30 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Well, that's a downer.

This lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/BJo9S was specifically designed with the *old* behaviour in mind. I guess I can now retire the 4 second gens involved. :dry: