TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

I got my 7 eggs already. How many breeds are there so far? This is my first Valentines day.

Woot, all full up on CBs - and the purty 2G-from-alt-Sweetling I needed. Might seek more for that lineage later this week. I just need three more Val 09s to cover my trade payments and my personal slots.

@The Dragoness I agree so much.

@Peachycupcake525 There's 9 - here's a list.

Edited by LibbyLishly

@LibbyLishly @The Dragoness i agree, it should be both or just stay the way it was before. 

E: CBs now should remain pink but the offspring should have a 50/50 chance of turning either on everyone's scrolls if someone picked up a 2g from a black alt

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Why does it have to be that eggs are just there for seconds?  Not a chance in hell of catching what I need.

Wow, the 5-min.-drops go fast.

Got two Sweetlings and one Rosebud, so I need one more Rosebud and two '09ers.

I'm chill, I was able to catch two CB Hollies six weeks ago, so I'll be damned if I can't get my hands on the Valentines I need. :lol:

I'm missing quite a few CBs, but I just want Rosebuds. They're my favorite Valentine dragon and I've dreamed of CBs since joining. If things keep up the way they're going, I'm not going to be able to get them, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. Hopefully, I'll be able to get them in a couple of days!

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Based on the response, I've decided to revise the decision around alt Sweetlings.

Let me first make it clear: alt Sweetlings are not going to see wider distribution. I'm sorry if that disappoints anyone who is or was hoping to eventually be able to get one, but it's not going to happen.

Instead, the behavior will be changed to allow everyone to access normal Sweetlings without breaking too many existing lineages. Rather than fully retiring alts, those with alts will be able to breed more and trade with people who also have alts, but eggs from non-alt Sweetlings will not magically become alts upon changing hands to someone with alts.

This change is live (or completely broken; we'll find out) not yet live but will be added soon. I'll update this post when it happens. Anyone who has already bred their alts will have the alt status updated upon the egg hatching.

Why not just let alt Sweetlings breed alts, and pink Sweetlings breed pinks and let them be black or pink regardless of scroll? CB alts only with "alt scrolls", and CB pink Sweetlings only with "pink scrolls", just like the Snow Angels? This way, everyone can have all sprites on the scroll, but CB alt Sweetling owners get to keep their cash cows (which really shouldn't be a thing, anyways)?

38 minutes ago, MhKhu said:

Thing is you won't be able to get Blacks but those who have Blacks will be able to get Pinks too. One word: unfair. If it was kept the way it was, there would be no such drama, if both could be obtained by both groups on equivalent contitions, there would be no drama, but one group of old users who were lucky a few years back now can obtain both and the rest can obtain just one = "drama" is even necessary. 

That's what I mean though. I get that it is unfair, but it should be so to speak. I wasn't here when the game first started, so why do I deserve to have the same things as someone who has been here since the beginning? I honestly don't. I'm not going to be able to have every single dragon ever released on my scroll. That's just the nature of the beast/game. I'm not saying that I don't like the fact that I cannot have alt sweetling blacks, but I just accept it as 'it is what it is'. I'm beyond grateful to be able to have past CB of Valentine dragons at all.

Yay valentines eggs! 

Not even touching the sweetling debate.  -.-

But why, why, WHY are doing the "event's after the holidays now?  I've hated the last two Christmas events because of this.  Doing the events is something to break up the time while hunting.  It's part of the celebration of, and lead up to, the holiday, or at least it always has been for me.  After the holiday is just "meh".  Nothing like sending cards after the fact.  :(   I, just, I don't like it.  It feels backwards to me. 

I gotta say, just like the previous two holidays, the egg designs are absolutely stunning and, having taken a look at all the current Val' dragons, the same can be said about the hatchlings to adults as well. I kinda wish I was able to reach a Gold Trophy before today started so I could have more room to grab extras for freezing

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yay valentines eggs! 

But why, why, WHY are doing the "event's after the holidays now?  I've hated the last two Christmas events because of this.  Doing the events is something to break up the time while hunting.  It's part of the celebration of, and lead up to, the holiday, or at least it always has been for me.  After the holiday is just "meh".  Nothing like sending cards after the fact.  :(   I, just, I don't like it.  It feels backwards to me. 

I totally agree, I haven't done the christmas events because of this as well. It's boring and I can't spend two weeks on something like this event when i work so much.

4 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

That's what I mean though. I get that it is unfair, but it should be so to speak. I wasn't here when the game first started, so why do I deserve to have the same things as someone who has been here since the beginning? I honestly don't. I'm not going to be able to have every single dragon ever released on my scroll. That's just the nature of the beast/game. I'm not saying that I don't like the fact that I cannot have alt sweetling blacks, but I just accept it as 'it is what it is'. I'm beyond grateful to be able to have past CB of Valentine dragons at all.

Exactly.

I am very grateful for the re-release and already managed to grab 1 Val09, 2 Sweetlings and 2 Rosebuds. Thanks for that!

18 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

@LibbyLishly @The Dragoness i agree, it should be both or just stay the way it was before. 

Just to add... I sort of feel the same way. Of course, I freely admit that this is at least PARTLY selfishness on my part as i would like to have both colors of sweetlings on my scroll.

EVEN if a person coould only have one type of CBs but sweetlings bred from alts became alts or such?

ALSO wish for a way of having the other colors of Snow Angels,too, if I am honest.

6 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yay valentines eggs! 

I agree! I feel the events would be much more enjoyable if they were held during the holiday breeding window, leading up to the holiday rather than coming after. Once the day is over, I really don't care to celebrate it any more. 

4 minutes ago, Shroomlet said:

Why not just let alt Sweetlings breed alts, and pink Sweetlings breed pinks and let them be black or pink regardless of scroll? CB alts only with "alt scrolls", and CB pink Sweetlings only with "pink scrolls", just like the Snow Angels? This way, everyone can have all sprites on the scroll, but CB alt Sweetling owners get to keep their cash cows (which really shouldn't be a thing, anyways)?

Because, as it was pointed out to me earlier, that method would actually make them "cash cows".

CB Alt Sweetling owners would be the only way for everyone else to obtain Alt Sweetlings, for the first year, and then the only way to obtain 2G Alt Sweetlings ever. That would make the price skyrocket to 2G Holly price before this whole Holiday biome thing. Do we really think it is that bad right now, as they were?

I didnt see much of an issue with Alt Sweets before, and most people really didnt have much of a problem with them. I just really like making nice lines with them. Thats all. And honestly, they were never really "cash cows". I, personally, never asked for or received anything crazy for their offspring, and most of the time I gave them away. All you had to do was go in the Alt Sweetling breeding thread and ask, and I can guarantee you you would find plenty of people more than willing to breed you 2Gs from them.

14 minutes ago, lucidapple said:

Ok, this is maybe a fair point, however you do realise that even people who were there for the original release missed out on the Alts, right? Only a small portion of the users got them. So is it really fair to them then?

And you can have every single released dragon on your scroll, just not always the CBs... But apart from Spriters Alts, 2 of the Snow Angel variations and the "other Sweetling"(so an alt in your case)you can have them all. But now one group of users gets to have the "other Sweetling" as well, while the rest don't and there isn't a really good reason for that anymore

Incidentally, when did we start having the event take place AFTER the holiday? I could have sworn it wasn't like this before I went on hiatus a couple of years ago. What is/was the reasoning behind the shift?

8 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

Because, as it was pointed out to me earlier, that method would actually make them "cash cows".

CB Alt Sweetling owners would be the only way for everyone else to obtain Alt Sweetlings, for the first year, and then the only way to obtain 2G Alt Sweetlings ever. That would make the price skyrocket to 2G Holly price before this whole Holiday biome thing. Do we really think it is that bad right now, as they were?

I didnt see much of an issue with Alt Sweets before, and most people really didnt have much of a problem with them. I just really like making nice lines with them. Thats all. And honestly, they were never really "cash cows". I, personally, never asked for or received anything crazy for their offspring, and most of the time I gave them away. All you had to do was go in the Alt Sweetling breeding thread and ask, and I can guarantee you you would find plenty of people more than willing to breed you 2Gs from them.

Well, for starters, I'd like it to get to a point where everyone can have all sprites on their scroll. That's the entire point of this game after all - collecting all sprites and making pretty - or messy - lineages with them.

Second: 2nd gens from Alt Sweets are only obtainable from CB alt Sweetlings right now, too. Nothing changing there. I've seen people ask for CB Golds or 2nd gen Spriter's Alts for an egg from the CB Black Sweetling, and I've seen people just gifting the 2nd gens away. Also, same would happen for 2nd gen pink Sweets. When they breed "true" regradless of the scroll they'd be on, the interest in 2nd gen pink Sweetlings on the side of Alt owners would inscrease, too. Yes, for a while Sweetling-demands would be all over the place, but after a while, everyone could just have and work with both colors of sprites on their scroll, and I think in the long run that would be best.

Which brings me to a good point: why not just allow everyone to have 2 sets of CB Sweetlings, pink and black? Make them two breeds altogether, honeymoon and heartbreak.

Edited by Shroomlet

2 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

CB Alt Sweetling owners would be the only way for everyone else to obtain Alt Sweetlings, for the first year, and then the only way to obtain 2G Alt Sweetlings ever. That would make the price skyrocket to 2G Holly price before this whole Holiday biome thing.

Well, so what if they turn into "cash cows"? If someone wants an 2g alt Sweetling enough to pay an arm and a leg, just let them. Everyone else, who just want the sprite on their scroll will get a higher gen eventually without overpaying or they get a lucky AP find.

5 minutes ago, Shroomlet said:

Which brings me to a good point: why not just allow everyone to have 2 sets of CB Sweetlings, pink and black? Make them two breeds altogether, honeymoon and heartbreak.

This is my favorite solution (and I like the names you gave them, too) - and couple that with allowing them to each breed the other, basing the color on the time of day that the egg is laid or hatched. Then EVERYONE would be happy.

Edited by LibbyLishly
Well, not everyone, because that's apparently impossible, but probably the vast majority of players here.