angelicdragonpuppy

Allow people to re-enter PM conversations (semi-solved?)

Right now, if you PM someone and later delete the PM, there's no way for that person to re-add you to the conversation. 

Is it possible to allow people to do so? I try to keep my inbox clean to stay on top of things, which means if people end up needing to contact me further about something they have to send a whole new PM (and hope I remember what we talked about!). It'd be nice if they could simply reinvite me to the old conversation instead.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

There is - as I told you in TLQ. Go to the name of the person who left, and reinvite them. I've done it.

And we just did it - I believe this classes as "answered" :)

So there is indeed! I wonder if TJ can change things so that the add person button also works or so that the re-adding method is more obvious, though. The big add person button seemed the intuitive way to do it and that didn't work, which certainly confused me.

What you have to do is click the arrow by the name of the person who left.  You get a drop down with the option to add them back in.

Sadly I didn't think to take a screenie when ADP was out, but it's the same arrow.

add.png.20fc9994a381986a45fbd46e4d08bc59.png

I think I would rather see a way to just delete conversations without "leaving" them. I like to keep my inbox clean, so I delete old stuff fairly regularly. If someone wants to respond to an old trade conversation we had that is still in their inbox, they can and I would receive that message--like the old set-up. Just my two cents. 

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

I think I would rather see a way to just delete conversations without "leaving" them. I like to keep my inbox clean, so I delete old stuff fairly regularly. If someone wants to respond to an old trade conversation we had that is still in their inbox, they can and I would receive that message--like the old set-up. Just my two cents. 

I much much much preferred the old way too, but it’s my understanding that the new forum can’t do this:(

I have a folder where I move everything I don't want to see any more. But I suspect the inability to delete may be one of the other lovely functions of the new onvision.

21 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I much much much preferred the old way too, but it’s my understanding that the new forum can’t do this:(

Hmm. I didn't know that. Now I miss the old forum even more :/