Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finna

A Breeze Carries in a Newbie

Hello, nice to meet you. I am Finna, though on my scroll I am called Hakuren. 

I'm a pretty normal person, I guess. I'm just finishing my last few months of high school so I can hopefully get into a college for art. I hope to a video game artist. My biggest art inspirations have been more Eastern, but I hope to learn to incorporate more Western influences into my style. I do have an art account, but I will choose not to provide any links or examples at this time. 

Well, more about me in general, I guess. Obviously, I am an artist. I tend to be more timid in person, and I can sometimes be on forums like these, but as I become more comfortable in the community, I will open up more and become more social. My favorite color is blue, like the sea. Why blue? Well, its a color that can be both happy and sad. It can be dark or light, and it's calming. 

I'm a Hufflepuff (who has lots of Slytherin friends). 

I also, as one may guess, really, really like dragons. My favorites tend to be Western, but if anyone is familiar with a similar site, I really have a thing for the Imperials on FR. They're just really really pretty!!

I also really like Pokemon. It's been a big part of my life since I was a little girl. 

Anyway, I guess that's all there is about me.

I hope we all get along well. 

Hello and welcome! I think you'll enjoy our Flight Rising thread. Do you know what kind of video game art you'd like to do? Concept, Maya/3DS Max? Is there a particular game or studio you'd like to work for? is there a particular game whose art style you love? Sorry to pepper you with questions, I'm a huge gamer. :blush: 

I also love Pokemon. I'm still playing Sun, and am trying to get a Shiny Latias without cheating in Omega Ruby (it's taking awhile). The sad part is I'd found a Shiny Latias and accidentally fainted it. 

16 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Hello and welcome! I think you'll enjoy our Flight Rising thread. Do you know what kind of video game art you'd like to do? Concept, Maya/3DS Max? Is there a particular game or studio you'd like to work for? is there a particular game whose art style you love? Sorry to pepper you with questions, I'm a huge gamer. :blush: 

I also love Pokemon. I'm still playing Sun, and am trying to get a Shiny Latias without cheating in Omega Ruby (it's taking awhile). The sad part is I'd found a Shiny Latias and accidentally fainted it. 

I wasn't sure if tagging worked, so I think a quoting would work. 

I can't really peg down a studio or company I would like to work for yet, but I have been working out some ideas. If nothing else, I'd like to learn how to make some simple games on my own and work as an independent. It would take much more work and a lot more time, but I think that it would be worth it if i could create something wonderful. I actually really love the art in Bravely Default and related games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, though Borderlands has one of the most fun styles I have ever seen in a video game. The whole game feels like a giant comic book and I love it. It's definitely a style I would love to pick up on. 

I don't mind the questions. I really love games and everything about them! 

As for that Flight Rising Board, I will definitely have to check it out. 

I'm sorry to hear about your Latias. I myself have never had such an unfortunate encounter with a shiny Pokemon, but I hope your hunt for the Latios goes well. I'm currently (very slowly) making my way through Ultra Moon. I'm hoping I can finish soon so I can get into the after story and competitive play. Competitive teams are one of the most interesting aspects of Pokemon to me, though I personally feel it's a shame that there's not a much wider variety of competitive Pokemon, and though there are many, most are usually the same... say 50. (So many Garchomp!.. though I may also be guilty of this in a lot of ways. I got very  attached to a team I was working with in Moon.)

Welcome to DragCave forum! Hope you enjoy!

As you mentioned you're artist, do you mind open your thread at 'Original Works' section and share some of your works?