pretty_thumb

The Courts Intrigue || The Xenowyrm Nobility >> King's Court Bonus Competition Unlocked | King's Celebration Raffle Results Available <<

1 hour ago, Mochi said:

Ah I see. I find German funny and interesting just because of the addition of...I think they're affixes? 

I also think of this video I watched of German vs. other languages where it would be a simple/short word in other languages but in German it was like triple the length XD 

German is a pretty great language to learn (as a native English-speaker), because aside from a few exceptions a lot of it is very similar to English. Although, the German word for 'fridge' (well, 'refrigerator' if I wanna get accurate) is 'kuhlshrank' (there might be an umlaut on that u I don't remember) and it translates to 'cold/cool cupboard' and I am eternally angry. XD

Side note: the Aimé title (is that accent in the right place?) - that is applied to the Caveborn Xeno that's been chosen as a Beloved, right? (And has nothing to do with a married pair?)

Edited by Ninjakittee

1 hour ago, SaberToothMC said:

I have earned Francs for the King!

Name: SaberToothMC

Scroll Link: https://dragcave.net/user/Sab3rT00thMC

Francs earned: +3

Reason no.: Appearantly adding a link to your sig gets you francs? If so, did that :P

I had already counted these for you! :) 

1 hour ago, SaberToothMC said:

Hey @Rekha and @pretty_thumb,

Would I be allowed to create a discord server for this lineage project? (if one doesn't exist already)

I feel it might be easier to access away-from-computer

Personally, I don't mind it myself though I'm not sure if we're at a stage where we're large enough to have one! I'll let @Rekha weigh in on this.

53 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Name: Mochi

Scroll Link: xxlonewolfxx

Francs earned: +3

Reason no.: linking in your signature with an image

Finally got around to it XD 

Your francs have been accounted for! :)

10 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

Side note: the Aimé title (is that accent in the right place?) - that is applied to the Caveborn Xeno that's been chosen as a Beloved, right? (And has nothing to do with a married pair?)

I do believe the accent is in the right place, though I've avoided using them honestly since the Cave doesn't allow special characters. But yes, it's got nothing to do with a married pair, other than being a very beloved affair to one of the partners.

1 hour ago, DragonArchaeologist said:

The King's Court needs all the francs we can get at this rate, so I'm putting this in for bookkeeping purposes!

Edit: this is a very vague post isn't it. I donated a hatchie during the teleport for my new princess

1 hour ago, Kigyptnee said:

@SaberToothMC - That is funny! XD Very nice!

Name: Kigyptnee

Scroll Link: link

Francs earned: +3

Reason no.: I'm not sure where the reason numbers are listed...? Reason - Francs for Other Reasons,  Added Link in signature with an image

Whoops, sorry I missed these two! Adding in your francs now :) 

1 hour ago, Ninjakittee said:

German is a pretty great language to learn (as a native English-speaker), because aside from a few exceptions a lot of it is very similar to English. Although, the German word for 'fridge' (well, 'refrigerator' if I wanna get accurate) is 'kuhlshrank' (there might be an umlaut on that u I don't remember) and it translates to 'cold/cool cupboard' and I am eternally angry. XD

Oh yeah German is really interesting. I especially love how they have words for specific things/feelings that there are no English words for such as schadenfreude. It's not surprising that its similar to English since I think English has germanic roots. Though speaking of similarities, English borrows very heavily from French.

Well, it is fitting at least? Sort of XD 

51 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

I do believe the accent is in the right place, though I've avoided using them honestly since the Cave doesn't allow special characters. But yes, it's got nothing to do with a married pair, other than being a very beloved affair to one of the partners.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before and I missed it! I'm currently planning mates for my new Court Intrigue babies and I was just wondering: is there any way to elevate the status of a husband / wife if no affair ever takes place? I'm thinking that for at least one of them, the couple would luck out to have found their true loves in each other. 

@SaberToothMC I don't mind a discord server or gives me a reason to use discord. Not sure how much attention I'll pay it but yea it sounds fun.

@MinkishMinx I will have to speak with @pretty_thumb about this and see what we can come up with. I know I have pairs that arent taking an affair. 

Haha I love how you guys have thought up pairings that won't have any affairs & are trues loves and the only pairing I've thought up is a star-crossed lovers affair XD 

Edited by Mochi

11 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Haha I love how you guys have thought up pairings that won't have any affairs & are trues loves and the only pairing I've thought up is a star-crossed lovers affair XD 

That sounds so amazing though! 

I love all the affairs/marriage shenanigans going on here. I'm thinking about having a pair that get fake!married only to end up married and beloved for real (I'm a sucker for tropes what can I say)

Also, just finished putting together my Courts Group! Thankfully I'm enough of a reckless hoarder that I had two pairs of each Wyrm that didn't have children. (Which.. .is a lot. Actually. Yikes.) Needless to say I have a couple of favourite names - and also my pretty pretty royal babies.

PS. I hope using Delacroix as Reneé's last name is okay? Let me know if not and I'll change it :wub:

Oh, also @Mochi - German and English are so interesting as languages, specifically in terms of their interactions. English has stolen words and grammar from pretty much every other language out there tbh (English is not a lanaguage, it's four other languages that got beaten up and are now dressed up under one trenchcoat). But German steals a lot of things from English as well.

Not that I can think of any examples right now, because all I can think about is the fact the German word for cellphone is Handy. HANDY.

Edited by Ninjakittee

23 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

That sounds so amazing though! 

Oh goodness no. They are so sad, I feel so bad for them and question why I did this to myself and my poor dragons OTL

16 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

I love all the affairs/marriage shenanigans going on here. I'm thinking about having a pair that get fake!married only to end up married and beloved for real (I'm a sucker for tropes what can I say)

Also, just finished putting together my Courts Group! Thankfully I'm enough of a reckless hoarder that I had two pairs of each Wyrm that didn't have children. (Which.. .is a lot. Actually. Yikes.) Needless to say I have a couple of favourite names - and also my pretty pretty royal babies.

PS. I hope using Delacroix as Reneé's last name is okay? Let me know if not and I'll change it :wub:

Oh, also @Mochi - German and English are so interesting as languages, specifically in terms of their interactions. English has stolen words and grammar from pretty much every other language out there tbh (English is not a lanaguage, it's four other languages that got beaten up and are now dressed up under one trenchcoat). But German steals a lot of things from English as well.

Not that I can think of any examples right now, because all I can think about is the fact the German word for cellphone is Handy. HANDY.

That is a lot o.o I actually had a pair of xenos each but I wanted to get a whole new set for this XD

Oh yeah. English is like the bast-(actually not sure if I can use this word on the forums o.o so) child of languages 

Oh really? 

OMG HANDY???!!! That's hilarious

I always love seeing people post about certain funny words or word translations XD

12 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Speaking of German and the other languages... 

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for german ambulance meme  

Never fails to make me giggle. 

Omg that makes me think of the video

Actually...(warning: video)

Spoiler

I mean that obviously an exaggeration but just looking at the words in comparison XD 

5 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Omg that makes me think of the video

Actually...(warning: video)

Reveal hidden contents

I mean that obviously an exaggeration but just looking at the words in comparison XD 

I giggled a lot XD Although, to be fair, Kugelschreiber is actually because 'pen' is transliterated to 'word writer' (it might be 'letter writer' actually, but it's one of the two) and German has zero time for giving things their own names. It's too busy naming everything in immensely long and complicated compound words :lol:

I'm glad you liked it XD

Oh o.o 

Haha I think that's what makes German appealing though because it was the first language I'd experienced that does that with words. Also the translations of quite a few words I've seen were interesting or fitting/specific. 

1 hour ago, Ninjakittee said:

No issue at all! We encourage the use of parents' last names! :wub:

--

@MinkishMinx I'll update the front page tomorrow and make it so that married couples can also be part of the Beloved status. They will have the same breeding requirements as affair dragons to unlock the status. :)

Edited by pretty_thumb

I want to donate a CB egg/hatchie!

Court I belong to: King

Transfer Link: Send dummy here!

It's a pyro egg

@pretty_thumb @Rekha Actually perhaps you guys could update the form to include the type of egg/hatchie it is? 

And I was wondering if an index/direct links to certain sections of the main post such as forms & titles could be included because I've mostly been using CTRL+F to find everything but it's not always the best if I pick the wrong word (I was searching for the forms but that didn't pop up because the header was an image >.>;).

1 hour ago, pretty_thumb said:

No issue at all! We encourage the use of parents' last names! :wub:

--

@MinkishMinx I'll update the front page tomorrow and make it so that married couples can also be part of the Beloved status. They will have the same breeding requirements as affair dragons to unlock the status. :)

Ooh awesome, thank you! :wub:

10 minutes ago, Mochi said:

I want to donate a CB egg/hatchie!

Court I belong to: King

Transfer Link: Send dummy here!

It's a pyro egg

@pretty_thumb @Rekha Actually perhaps you guys could update the form to include the type of egg/hatchie it is? 

And I was wondering if an index/direct links to certain sections of the main post such as forms & titles could be included because I've mostly been using CTRL+F to find everything but it's not always the best if I pick the wrong word (I was searching for the forms but that didn't pop up because the header was an image >.>;).

Thank you for your helpful suggestions! I'm having a big housekeeping day tomorrow (in the forums and real life :P) so I'll make sure to make these changes. 

oh shoot i missed the entire disscussion of german words 😂 if you want to have German look at my scroll (my scroll is amazing *sings* XD sry) almost all the names are german if they are not english (or from this and Minx project) 

Kugelschreiber is a ball-writer cause it has a ball in it (dont know how to describe it better xD) and whats so bad about a cooling cupboard. Everyone knows what it's meant for right? 😂

And for the Xenos - i bred my inital pairs a lot so i decided to stack up. But it will take a long time i think =/ and i gave the surname Delacour, maybe its a cousin to Delacroix? 😂😁

Edited by Mow

8 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

Thank you for your helpful suggestions! I'm having a big housekeeping day tomorrow (in the forums and real life :P) so I'll make sure to make these changes. 

Thanks for taking them into consideration :) 

@Mow Those are some (long) lovely names XD

-currently on mobile so keeping things brief-

14 hours ago, Mochi said:

Ah I see. I find German funny and interesting just because of the addition of...I think they're affixes? 

I also think of this video I watched of German vs. other languages where it would be a simple/short word in other languages but in German it was like triple the length XD 

Oh I know right.

Like "Aber selbstverständlich" ... it just means "but of course" XD

11 hours ago, MinkishMinx said:

Speaking of German and the other languages... 

Hide contents

Image result for german ambulance meme  

Never fails to make me giggle. 

LOL

@Mochi I have updated the forms to allow a spot to place the breed so that you guys and gals don't have to put it in yourself.

@Ninjakittee I have added the link to your Court Dragons to the members list in the Queens Court Hall Post.

@Mow I have added 2 francs to the Kings Court for your donation of an Astraphi egg which is safely on my scroll now and influenced properly. Thank you for that by the way!

I think that is all the updating that I needed to do. I am sorry I was so quiet yesterday it was an off sort of day for me!

Edited by Rekha

Reneé grew up (yaaay!) So I need to post a form for her, right? (I'm guessing it's the offspring from marriage one since her parents are Dauphin/Dauphine but I'm not totally sure)

@Rekha Also, thank you!

@Mow Ah dang, I knew it was something about the writer. I guess I need to brush up on my vague and tiny Germanic knowledge again XD

Edited by Ninjakittee

I would like to introduce an Offspring from a marriage

Name: Ninjakittee

Scroll Link: https://dragcave.net/user/Ninjakittee

Court I belong to: Queen's

Lineage: NaCeA (An excellent code, if I say so myself)

Name of Offspring: Vicomtesse Reneé Delacroix

Aaaaaa I love her. I will keep writing her name with an accent dangit, even if DragCave won't let me have it XD

Also! I will update with her new husband juuuuust as soon as I decide what my lineage plans are for her haha