pretty_thumb

The Courts Intrigue || The Xenowyrm Nobility >> King's Court Bonus Competition Unlocked | King's Celebration Raffle Results Available <<

I didn't realize that we have to announce growth but I don't think I've had any that I've needed to announce so it should be okay OTL
Actually I didn't even realize there was a form, I think it's this one? 

I would like to introduce an Offspring from a marriage

Name: Mochi

Scroll Link: xxlonewolfxx

Court I belong to: King's (oh my god I accidentally put Jade at first XD)

Lineage: oVHTp

Name of Offspring: Comte Gael Delacroix

My Court Offspring has taken a mate! (Marriage announcement)

Court I belong to: King's

Lineage/Proof: 9WgTQ

I would like to announce a birth from a marriage

Lineage Link: ORD32

I have earned Francs for the King!

Francs earned: +2 

Reason no.: offspring matches one married parent's color, carrying on the family ranking

(I also forgot to fill this out when my other chrono was born OTL Hopefully now I'll have the hang of it)

Francs earned: +1 

Reason no.: for a three step stair lineage

I would like to gift a Bred Egg/Hatchling!

Transfer Link: Send dummy here!

Breed of egg/hatchie: Chrono

And since we can be on multiple lists apparently o.o

I would like to request an egg from the Dauphin or Dauphine!

I'd like to request from Dauphine Emeline Maela Beaumont + Dauphin Octavius IX Crequy

@pretty_thumb I was wondering if there were any increased bonuses for the event, actually is the court competition still ongoing? Like extra francs for offspring? I'm sorry I can't remember anything OTL

@Mak0 My next Heavenly Prince egg is going to you! I should be able to breed him in a few days, let's hope he's willing ^^

Hi, I just realized I'm out of male influencers :wacko: for my cb Chrono. I precog'd and its going to be female. 

Would anyone be willing to hold my egg on their scroll and influence it to be male until it hatches? The egg has 11 hrs left.

19 minutes ago, Oxuna said:

Hi, I just realized I'm out of male influencers :wacko: for my cb Chrono. I precog'd and its going to be female. 

Would anyone be willing to hold my egg on their scroll and influence it to be male until it hatches? The egg has 11 hrs left.

I have room @Oxuna if you want me to influence/hatch him for you :) 

@pretty_thumb - I’m pretty sure this was answered, but do princes/princesses from affairs inherit the King’s surname, the Affair’s surname, or...? Just want to double check! ^_^ 

5 hours ago, Mochi said:

Spoiler

I didn't realize that we have to announce growth but I don't think I've had any that I've needed to announce so it should be okay OTL
Actually I didn't even realize there was a form, I think it's this one? 

I would like to introduce an Offspring from a marriage

Court I belong to: King's (oh my god I accidentally put Jade at first XD)

Lineage: oVHTp

Name of Offspring: Comte Gael Delacroix

My Court Offspring has taken a mate! (Marriage announcement)

Lineage/Proof: 9WgTQ

I would like to announce a birth from a marriage

Reason no.: offspring matches one married parent's color, carrying on the family ranking

(I also forgot to fill this out when my other chrono was born OTL Hopefully now I'll have the hang of it)

Francs earned: +1 

Reason no.: for a three step stair lineage

I would like to gift a Bred Egg/Hatchling!

Transfer Link: Send dummy here!

Breed of egg/hatchie: Chrono

And since we can be on multiple lists apparently o.o

I would like to request an egg from the Dauphin or Dauphine!

I'd like to request from Dauphine Emeline Maela Beaumont + Dauphin Octavius IX Crequy

@pretty_thumb I was wondering if there were any increased bonuses for the event, actually is the court competition still ongoing? Like extra francs for offspring? I'm sorry I can't remember anything OTL

I'll record your points in a bit!

Yes, the additional francs unlocked for the event are found here

In addition to francs normally earned for tasks, one can earn extra francs for the following: 

+2 additional francs for donating a CB egg

+3 additional francs for donating a CB hatchie

+2 additional francs for donating a graphic

+5 francs for research:

(specifically, old French holidays, current French holidays that can be given a twist, new French titles to be used with Royal Touch breedings)

35 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

@pretty_thumb - I’m pretty sure this was answered, but do princes/princesses from affairs inherit the King’s surname, the Affair’s surname, or...? Just want to double check! ^_^ 

Since Princes/Princesses are technically that old-timey word for "born out of wedlock", they should take the surname of the Affair. :)

Edited by pretty_thumb

Oooh the event is ending soon! o.o 

Reason no.: for donating a bred egg to a member of the opposing court

31 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Oooh the event is ending soon! o.o 

Reason no.: for donating a bred egg to a member of the opposing court

Yep! And actually you'd get +4 total for donating a bred egg under the competition guidelines.

16 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Yep! And actually you'd get +4 total for donating a bred egg under the competition guidelines.

Ooooh yay! I thought that only applied to CBs 

@Mochi ugh my bad, it is only CBs. >.< Sleepy me is bad at things.

Also random question but how does everyone feel about pirates? I've been reading about them tons lately and really want to start a pirate RP but I'm not sure if there'd be enough interest - the RP sections seem kind of barebones.

Edited by pretty_thumb

Ah, no worries!

I'm trying to do research at the moment, needa rake in those francs *^*

I LOVE pirates but I don't RP so....^^;

2 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

I dunno @pretty_thumb - can we do sexy pirate Duke Devlin? (also known as Gorgeous Green EyesTM)

You could do a character inspired by him! ^_^ I'm thinking of it mostly being original characters (with mentionings of historical figures), and I see no reason your character couldn't be based on him as long as it's not straight up plagarism.

2 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Ah, no worries!

I'm trying to do research at the moment, needa rake in those francs *^*

I LOVE pirates but I don't RP so....^^;

Yay francs! King's Court is so close to unlocking a tapestry. 

Never? D: Ahh, that's too bad. 

2 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

You could do a character inspired by him! ^_^ I'm thinking of it mostly being original characters (with mentionings of historical figures), and I see no reason your character couldn't be based on him as long as it's not straight up plagarism.

Not gonna lie, I'd probably end up just doing a sexy pirate captain with the green eyes. And murderous tendencies. But I don't know too much about pirates tbh, I'm more of a fantasy RP kinda person.

1 minute ago, Ninjakittee said:

Not gonna lie, I'd probably end up just doing a sexy pirate captain with the green eyes. And murderous tendencies. But I don't know too much about pirates tbh, I'm more of a fantasy RP kinda person.

I love. Anything I'd come up with wouldn't be too technical in most aspects (I don't care a bit about describing ships and such). Just a good setting, a plot that allows for battles, pillaging, and a little romance (PG-13 of course) without being too constricting. I might consider adding fantasy elements, though I'm not sure. Pirates are v cool by themselves.

1 minute ago, pretty_thumb said:

I love. Anything I'd come up with wouldn't be too technical in most aspects (I don't care a bit about describing ships and such). Just a good setting, a plot that allows for battles, pillaging, and a little romance (PG-13 of course) without being too constricting. I might consider adding fantasy elements, though I'm not sure. Pirates are v cool by themselves.

I do love me some marauding. Although, would it be captain v captain battling, or we're one collaborative ship battling?

and by fantasy RP of course, I mean fantasy novel writing haha

1 minute ago, Ninjakittee said:

I do love me some marauding. Although, would it be captain v captain battling, or we're one collaborative ship battling?

and by fantasy RP of course, I mean fantasy novel writing haha

I hadn't considered it - I suppose more people might be interested if there are multiple captains/ships? What's your preference?

1 minute ago, pretty_thumb said:

I hadn't considered it - I suppose more people might be interested if there are multiple captains/ships? What's your preference?

There are advantages to both, really. Multiple captains and ships (each one run by one person) opens the table for big scale battles and alliances and rivalries, but if we're all collaborating on one ship, it means we can play for smaller scale romances or friendly rivalries or some big quest for our ship and crew Carribean style

If I receive an offspring as a donation, do I have to announce when it hatches or only when there's a marriage?

French titles?

Prince/Princesse du sang

Spoiler

Translates to "Prince/Princess of Blood"

"[T]hey were, in theory, all descendants in legitimate male line of a French sovereign outside of the royal family itself" and were "the highest held at court after the immediate family of the king during the ancien régime and the Bourbon Restoration" (source 1,2).

The term dates back to the 14th century and its usage & restrictions (who were considered princes of blood) varied over the centuries and appear to be based off the ruling king's preference. "In the late 15th century, for example, the Bourbons-Carency, the most distant branch of the Bourbon family (extinct 1530), were never invited to take seat in the Conseil du Roi. In the 17th and 18th c., the princes of the blood were only members of the Bourbon family (descended from a son of Louis IX), in spite of the existence of the Courtenay, descended from Louis VI, and the only remaining non-Bourbon line of Capetians" (source 1). 

Sources: (x) (x) (x)

Chevalier

Spoiler

The term originally meant "knight," referring to a horse-riding warrior, and came from the Latin word "caballus" (source 1). The title Chevalier was also attached to members of the orders of knighthood It was not originally a French title of nobility and it was not until under Napoleon's rule that it became officially became a full-fledged title of nobility but there are a few examples of its usage as a noble title before Napoleon's rule such as the Liessart branch. Séraphin du Chambge received the titles of chevalier ad personam from Philip IV of Spain on 6 Oct 1662 and received letter from Louis XIV on 1 October 1673 confirming his titles (Source 1). Also interesting "Among nobles, one also distinguished between chevalier and écuyer..  These were not titles, but ranks within the nobility (with some exceptions; see further details). Any nobleman, no matter how recent, was an écuyer, and only noblemen could be styled as such.  Chevaliers (knights) were a subset of the nobility, which included all titled nobility, members of the orders of knighthood of the king, but also members of families of ancient nobility, even untitled" (source 3).

Sources: (x) (x) (x

Legit just thought it would be cool to have knights so I included it even though it's not until the 1800s that it's considered a title of nobility.

Vidame

Spoiler

A vidame was "one of a class of French feudal temporal officers or advocates who originally represented the abbeys or bishops but later erected their offices into fiefs —used as an hereditary title of nobility which was recognized to the end of the ancien régime" (source 2). "t was more of a feudal title than a noble title, and it only existed in certain parts of northern France. It was a minor title usually conferred by bishops to the administrators of ecclesiastical holdings" (source 1). They were originally appointed officers that exercised powers under the control of a bishop but later became hereditary (a role inherited through members of the family). "the vidame is to the bishop what the viscount is to the count. Their role was to manage and protect the estates of the bishopric, to exercise in his name the episcopal jurisdiction, to represent him at the count's court, to lead the bishop's troups in battle" (source 1). 

Sources: (x) (x)

Oh man, finally done. Now I can close my 14 tabs x.x

I think I might have mixed up titles, ranks, & classes. Honestly was not expecting the French nobility to be sooooo confusing/complicated. I was a fool.

There were so many I read but just ended up not including because they were confusing x.x

Also trying to find sources was...I basically just used the same 3. I didn't think it would be so hard o.o

Edited by Mochi

1 hour ago, Ninjakittee said:

There are advantages to both, really. Multiple captains and ships (each one run by one person) opens the table for big scale battles and alliances and rivalries, but if we're all collaborating on one ship, it means we can play for smaller scale romances or friendly rivalries or some big quest for our ship and crew Carribean style

8 minutes ago, Oxuna said:

Ooo, a pirate thread sounds fun. I'd participate 

I'm kind of leaning towards the second, @Ninjakittee with perhaps expanding later on to involve other groups of pirates. Perhaps maybe start with a small fleet that's captained by a rag-tag pairing involving my cutthroat lass (who I'd imagined as a sort of pirate princess) and your green eyed captain? ;) 

33 minutes ago, Kurokosworth said:

If I receive an offspring as a donation, do I have to announce when it hatches or only when there's a marriage?

Was the offspring donated a lineaged one? If so, it's probably already been announced and you don't need to worry about forms until there's marriage.

5 minutes ago, Mochi said:

Oh man, finally done. Now I can close my 14 tabs x.x

I think I might have mixed up titles, ranks, & classes. Honestly was not expecting the French nobility to be sooooo confusing/complicated. I was a fool.

I just cackled! XD Yes there are soooo many rankings and I'm still not convinced I understand them fully myself.

I LOVE what you've come up with. I'm going to credit you with a total of 10 francs since this is so in-depth. That puts the King's Court at 101 francs, (actually more, but I haven't caught up today) and means a tapestry has been unlocked! :D I may not be able to make the official announcement and changes to the King's Court Hall until tomorrow, though, I'll try and get it out tonight!

Edited by pretty_thumb