pretty_thumb

The Courts Intrigue || The Xenowyrm Nobility >> King's Court Bonus Competition Unlocked | King's Celebration Raffle Results Available <<

so many Xenos! I surely have to stock up a bit 😂 i will use placeholders as well, dont want my carefully selected Names to go elsewhere XD

3 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

Which Xeno type did you end up with? I always find myself thinking of certain ones as more masculine as others as more feminine. 

it's an Astrapi - like it's father... either way it makes an awkward pairing - an astrapi like dad or a gaia like mom... or say screw the points lol and go for a 
Thalassa? 

I've almost figured out the 10-franc pattern I want to do for Prince Telephore's line!

Screenshot_20180124-114750.thumb.png.d4f234156c7f82e9e76c54e5f536f417.png

I just don't know what to do for the final CB...

28 minutes ago, Ariento said:

I've almost figured out the 10-franc pattern I want to do for Prince Telephore's line!

A Thalassa maybe?

33 minutes ago, Ariento said:

You really come up with the most gorgeous lineage patterns! That looks gorgeous. I agree with @Mak0, perhaps you could consider a Thalassa to wrap up the line? Then it'd seem like the line has come "full circle" since it ends with the same pairing as what it began with. 

Looking at Joining this as... I have NEVER felt quite sure what to do with my Xenos

Maybe. The thing is, I only have 2 of each title (1 male 1 female) except the royal titles. On the other hand, I don't own the CB Duc, so it might be nice to own two of each non-royal title...

And thank you Minx! I love lineage building, but I keep making too many to keep up with XD

27 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Looking at Joining this as... I have NEVER felt quite sure what to do with my Xenos

Hehe I'm just the same! I love them, but I've never really done anything with them. 

26 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Maybe. The thing is, I only have 2 of each title (1 male 1 female) except the royal titles. On the other hand, I don't own the CB Duc, so it might be nice to own two of each non-royal title...

And thank you Minx! I love lineage building, but I keep making too many to keep up with XD

At least you're one step ahead of me. :P I keep plotting these lineages in my head, but still haven't gotten down to putting them on (virtual) paper. With an awesome lineage builder tool like Heart of Blue's, I really have no excuse for being lazy. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Ariento said:

http://www.20000-names.com

A teacher reccomended it one year, and I've used it ever since. I've also been using it for the imperial harem lineage.

1 hour ago, Ariento said:

I'll have to add the website to my bookmarks - thank you very much for sharing! :wub:

You're so excellent at mapping out these beautiful lineages. I agree that another Thalassa might balance out the line well, since the others are at the beginning of the lineage. I'm sure whatever you end up going with will be beautiful and I can't wait to see!

3 hours ago, Mow said:

so many Xenos! I surely have to stock up a bit 😂 i will use placeholders as well, dont want my carefully selected Names to go elsewhere XD

I'm in the same boat - I need more! They're quite beautiful, I just haven't gotten around to collecting yet, but now I have an excuse to!

2 hours ago, TempestSea said:

it's an Astrapi - like it's father... either way it makes an awkward pairing - an astrapi like dad or a gaia like mom... or say screw the points lol and go for a 
Thalassa? 

Ooo, personally I think I'd say forget about the points and go for a Thalassa, but I really really like Astrapi with Thalassas. :P

22 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

We'd love to have you, please do! :) You can give those Xenos a happy home at either Court!

I'll need to rename my Xenos, nbut that is OK.

I want to join the King's Court!

Name: JavaTigress

Scroll Link: Clicky! Or Just Check my Sig! The Tiger'll Take you there!

I would like to request an egg from the King and Queen!

Court I belong to:The King's Court! long Live the King!

BTW! Can I request one of those alternating xeno hatchies in jars without the words on it? Like my jarshard in my siggie?

Edited by JavaTigress

8 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I'll need to rename my Xenos, nbut that is OK.

I would like to request an egg from the King and Queen!

Court I belong to:The King's Court! long Live the King!

BTW! Can I request one of those alternating xeno hatchies in jars without the words on it? Like my jarshard in my siggie?

I'll go add you to the lists now (and you'll get a more formal welcome later tonight)! :) The King thanks you for pledging your loyalty. 

We have no official graphics requests forms as of right now. The jars in particular were also made by @MinkishMinx so I shall let her answer your question!

EDIT: All added to the lists. I've also added in the franc that you earned for joining! 

Edited by pretty_thumb

25 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

I'll go add you to the lists now (and you'll get a more formal welcome later tonight)! :) The King thanks you for pledging your loyalty. 

We have no official graphics requests forms as of right now. The jars in particular were also made by @MinkishMinx so I shall let her answer your question!

EDIT: All added to the lists. I've also added in the franc that you earned for joining! 

Awsomesauce!

Now for the hard part. Renaming those Xenos!

Also thinking maybe groups for both THEM and my Imperial harem Gemshards are an order...

@Ninjakittee welcome on board! :D

@Ariento what would you think about typing up a brief explanation on how to use Heart of Blue's lineage maker that we can feature in one of the main posts? (I'm sure @Rekha would find this worth some francs!) I'm playing around with it now and realizing I have no idea what I'm doing at all. It only seems to want to allow me to create even gens, when I want to go for a stairstep pattern. Halp? :blush:

ETA: I sorta (not really...) figured out stairsteps, but not spirals.

Edited by pretty_thumb

8 hours ago, Zimtie said:

I'm not much of a lineage girl but even I can see how much thoughts and love you have poured into this project. Wow.

I hope it's okay if I leave a little gift for one of the courts here even if I'm not taking part in the project:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. But... where are its legs?

(I kept the right ones out uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this hatchling will be female.)

Wow thank you so much for your very kind words and your gift!! What a precious little baby it will be well used. 

2 hours ago, JavaTigress said:

Welcome to The Courts Intrigue! I am sure the King is happy to have you!

18 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

I want to join the Queen's Court!

Name: Ninjakittee

Scroll Link: https://dragcave.net/user/Ninjakittee

Welcome to The Courts Intrigue, I know the Queen is happy to have you am sure she will be saying something along those lines soon.

4 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

@Ariento what would you think about typing up a brief explanation on how to use Heart of Blue's lineage maker that we can feature in one of the main posts? (I'm sure @Rekha would find this worth some francs!) I'm playing around with it now and realizing I have no idea what I'm doing at all. It only seems to want to allow me to create even gens, when I want to go for a stairstep pattern. Halp? :blush:

I think that may be very franc worthy indeed actually!

@MinkishMinx and any others talking about Placeholders, I don't see any problem with nabbing names as a place holder while waiting! I did that for my Court.

3 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Alright, give me a bit and I can get something made up.

Wonderful, thank you! :) Of course take all the time that you need.

30iuuqq.png

Oh my dearest subjects you have all honored me with your pledges of loyalty to my Court. I am certain that with your aide and your assistance we will regrow these lands and allow them to flourish and grow to be more beautiful than ever. I am pretty sure that my Husband wont even notice with His sticking to the inside of the Courts. Don't worry about His silly manners I am the only One that you need to worry about pleasing. It is with good faith and excitement that I welcome the following members to my Court.

@TempestSea, @MinkishMinx, @Ariento, @Mow and @Ninjakittee 

I look forward to many years of working together to perfect this Court and make the Kingdom shine better than it ever has in its "glory" days. For it is with our efforts that we will show this Kingdom the true meaning of Glory Days for those are just now beginning.

I have awarded the Court with 13 francs for all of our pledges of loyalty, for some heraldry that has shared our Kingdom with others and for the lovely artistry that has gone into assisting with that heraldry.

Edited by Rekha

On THOUGHT  I'd like to switch waiting lists if that is acceptable? 

I would like to request an egg from the King + their Beloved!

Scroll Link: Follow the Tiger Dragon!

Court I belong to: Long Live the King!

ETA- Just a QUESTION. Do offspring from the royal affair pairings have special titles or do they just get Duc, Duchesse or whatever woudl otherwise be applicable?

Edited by JavaTigress

TdZlAc_BCCvlqFxn1QxOJ77VGlhKJuWpcf6Mck4F4IsOhU3xZEG7W4CoM2xQJq3wv-7Bb1wxvLslYrLW_65gP4UJwIczEt3rsKsQzjYWJozSziYU66mk3SZ4NBV6_APZd9AyU5kT

|| A Word from His Majesty ||

"Welcome to my most honored and loyal subjects, @Mak0 and @JavaTigress. Your pledge of loyalty to the King of Occitanie brings me joy, and I look forward to seeking your council on matters of the Court. My wife seems unaware that quality reigns over quantity when it comes to politics. No fear. Our Court will soon outrank the Queen's in more than just name.

For your loyalty and heraldry of the Court, I have added 5 francs to the Treasury. With your bountiful kindness and achievements, the Treasury will soon overflow.

Your names have been placed in high honor within the Hall, as well as added to the appropriate waiting lists. Soon the Hall will be as beautiful and splendid as its courtesans."

- King Florian Beaumont of Occitanie

Edited by pretty_thumb

12 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

On THOUGHT  I'd like to switch waiting lists if that is acceptable? 

I would like to request an egg from the King + their Beloved!

Scroll Link: Follow the Tiger Dragon!

Court I belong to: Long Live the King!

ETA- Just a QUESTION. Do offspring from the royal affair pairings have special titles or do they just get Duc, Duchesse or whatever woudl otherwise be applicable?

Perfectly acceptable, I'll fix that now. 

To answer your question, offspring from the royal affair pairings will still be considered a prince/princess, though they are illegitimate. I'll consult with @Rekha when I return after my nap and we will discuss adding to either the true royal offspring's titles or to the illegitimates' in order to differentiate on our scrolls. Great question!

2 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Perfectly acceptable, I'll fix that now. 

To answer your question, offspring from the royal affair pairings will still be considered a prince/princess, though they are illegitimate. I'll consult with @Rekha when I return after my nap and we will discuss adding to either the true royal offspring's titles or to the illegitimates' in order to differentiate on our scrolls. Great question!

maybe you should nap less and sleep more at 4 am *squintes at Pretty-Thumb* just kidding ;)rest well, dear!

3 minutes ago, Mow said:

maybe you should nap less and sleep more at 4 am *squintes at Pretty-Thumb* just kidding ;)rest well, dear!

TRUE #calledout #personalattack :lol:

Really though, I think I'm nocturnal because all I do is stay up at night and catnap all day.

Alright, so when you first see open the lineage builder, you're going to see this:

01.png.ca8dda2c193ea2aad85d6f58b0069c68.png

This box is going to be the final product of your lineage. Click the box, and a menu will appear. Click the dropdown to pick a breed and a gender (this is the only one you can pick a gender for, the rest are automatic to match how lineages are set on the site), then click save. I'm going to do a Night Glory Drake since I don't feel like dealing with the dimorphism just yet. I also clicked the shrink icons button, to make it look closer to how lineages look onsite.

02.png.abf6d80f8786e2aa4ced8b90787f2c8b.png

Now, what we have here is a caveborn, since it has no parents! Let's fix that - click the "expand" button to give the dragon you've selected parents. I'm going to make the parents both Day Glory Drakes, because I love weird alternating things.

03.png.048926810cf555eff989880a2cccc294.png

I'm going to make an arrowhead here, but you can do any sort of pattern you can think of! I'm going to click expand on both parents to give the Night Glory some grandparents.

04.png.218e31cfc1f8cc14fbcdf84847f9e94c.png

I paired the Night Glory grandparents with Howler Drakes. Now, if I was doing an even-gen I would click expand on all four grandparents. But I'm doing an arrowhead, so I'm only doing it on the Night Glory grandparents - the Howlers are going to be CB. I'm going to add Day Glory and Honey Drake great-grandparents, yay alternation!

05.png.fc58d7a4197da9f38dac798d7f7927d6.png

I'm going to continue only adding parents for the Day and Night Glory Drakes until I'm satisfied with the length.