pretty_thumb

The Courts Intrigue || The Xenowyrm Nobility >> King's Court Bonus Competition Unlocked | King's Celebration Raffle Results Available <<

@Rekha I have an extra space and several extra Magis. I could take one of your eggs, and trade it back to you in exchange for my Xeno egg? That way you don't have to drop anything.

@MinkishMinx Thank you I will edit the graphics section now and I am adding your points as well! You have gained 3 francs for your Court!

@Ariento yes we can totally do that let me finish updating the graphics section really quick and then I will PM you with a link!

Edit: I have fixed the graphics section, thank you again MinkishMinx for pointing that out! I have also sent you one of my eggs Ariento so that I can breed for you!

Edited by Rekha

I want to join the King's Court!

Name: Mak0

Scroll Link: Scroll

I would like to request an egg from the King and Queen!

Scroll Link:Scroll

Court I belong to: King’s Court

Do the CB Xeno mates follow the same naming conventions?

3 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

First I would like to welcome you to The Courts Intrigue and to the Kings Court! I am sure that the King will be thrilled to see that He has gained a new member of the Court. 

Second to answer your question, yes, the CB Xeno mates must follow the same naming convention. The only ones that don't follow their color/rank convention are the 2nd gen offspring of the King and Queen pairings or their pairings with their Lovers for either Court as those are Princes and Princess! I hope this helps!

Edited by Rekha

@Rekha It does, thank you!^_^

I have earned Francs for the King!

Francs earned: +3

Reason no.: Graphic leading back to thread in signature

2 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

have earned Francs for the King!

Glad I could help! Thank you for linking back to the project I have updated our spreadsheet which will be added to the francs section once @pretty_thumb is awake, the Kings Court now has 4 Francs thank you for helping your Court grow!

Edited by Rekha

19 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

I want to join the King's Court!

Scroll Link:Scroll

Court I belong to: King’s Court

12 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

@Rekha It does, thank you!^_^

I have earned Francs for the King!

The King welcomes you to the Court, @Mak0! As Rekha said earlier, we will soon have more proper welcoming posts, but for now, welcome to our project. I've added you to all the appropriate lists and have counted the francs you earned. King Florian thanks you for your donation! :)

*lurks back to Nap Land* 

Edited by pretty_thumb

39 minutes ago, Ariento said:

I renamed one of my two CB Gaias (forgot I had a second!) to Baronne Chloe. I have the name Marquise Fleurette on a placeholder for my Chrono egg when she hatches, and I will decide on a name for my prince once he's laid and I know what kind of Xeno he is.

He's a Gaia, and his name will be Prince Telesphore!

That, uh, brings me to another question. Last one for the night, I promise! Do the francs for pairings stack if a couple meets two of the criteria? Or do you only get the francs for one of them? Specifically, I'm thinking of:

+3 for marrying a CB the same color of their opposite gender parent

+4 for marrying a CB partner of the same color

So when Telesphore marries Chloe, do I get francs for both marrying a CB his mother's color, and his color? Or only one of the two?

I need to start renaming my Xenos!! The French titles are so pretty. :wub: I don't really know any French names, but I'm sure some research will catch me up to speed. 

1 hour ago, Ariento said:

That, uh, brings me to another question. Last one for the night, I promise! Do the francs for pairings stack if a couple meets two of the criteria? Or do you only get the francs for one of them? Specifically, I'm thinking of:

So when Telesphore marries Chloe, do I get francs for both marrying a CB his mother's color, and his color? Or only one of the two?

Honestly I think you should get the points for both, you just happen to be lucky enough to make that happen which is pretty awesome if you ask me! Though I will let @pretty_thumb weigh in when she wakes to see if she agrees. 

1 hour ago, MinkishMinx said:

I need to start renaming my Xenos!! The French titles are so pretty. :wub: I don't really know any French names, but I'm sure some research will catch me up to speed. 

I need to do the same thing, I've been putting so much research toward everything else that I have been neglecting the rest of my Xenos that aren't parts of the breeding pairs!

Edit: now it's time for me to lay down and take a nap. I feel a migraine coming on so gonna try and nip it in the butt before it gets bad. I hope to be back later tonight if not then any Queens Court stuff will be taken care of tomorrow. 

PS. I still have the princess and her spouse to breed this week for whoever wants their offspring. Otherwise all other breeding will continue next Tuesday. 

Edited by Rekha

Thinking of potentially joining this lineage (probably Queen's Court) at a later point, once I figure out all the rules and/or catch some Xenos. :) It looks like it will be really fun. ^_^ 

@pretty_thumb @Rekha - so had interesting thought about this lineage...

Spoiler

...it might be cool to somehow incorporate Omen Wyrms, currently the only other Wyrm species in DC, into the lineage project. They have a darkness elemental affinity that could be an interesting addition to the backstory/lore of the lineage project and will breed only Xenos the majority of the year since they are holidays.

I want to join the Queen's Court!

Name: Mow

Scroll Link: https://dragcave.net/user/Mow

Court I belong to: Queens Court

Huzzah :) nice work people! 

I had to laugh cause you listet King Louis the XIV as naming example, i visited a castle last week which would have been beautiful if Louis hadnt destroyed it because he couldn't have it 😈 

5 hours ago, Ariento said:

I love the name Telesphore!  Where are you finding such beautiful names? :wub: 

And to give an official answer to your question (since Rekha previously addressed it) you would gain francs both for marrying a CB of his mother's color and his color. From what I can tell so far, I think that we will be doubling up points quite a bit, which is why so many of the rewards only come after quite a few francs have been earned. Gotta keep that treasury flowing for the King and Queen! ;)

5 hours ago, MinkishMinx said:

Oh, do share what you come up with! I'm loving hearing about others' names and plans and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with (especially once we really start rolling). 

3 hours ago, Kigyptnee said:

Thinking of potentially joining this lineage (probably Queen's Court) at a later point, once I figure out all the rules and/or catch some Xenos. :) It looks like it will be really fun. ^_^ 

@pretty_thumb @Rekha - so had interesting thought about this lineage...

Reveal hidden contents

...it might be cool to somehow incorporate Omen Wyrms, currently the only other Wyrm species in DC, into the lineage project. They have a darkness elemental affinity that could be an interesting addition to the backstory/lore of the lineage project and will breed only Xenos the majority of the year since they are holidays.

@Kigyptnee of course we would love to have you here! I hope that you do join us. About your idea - I love it! :) It would definitely be something for Rekha and I to discuss. And it would certainly require some re-naming on my end, as all my Omens are named after HP Lovecraft. If this were something we implemented, you would certainly be credited!

31 minutes ago, Mow said:
  Hide contents

I want to join the Queen's Court!

Hide contents

Court I belong to: Queens Court

Huzzah :) nice work people! 

I had to laugh cause you listet King Louis the XIV as naming example, i visited a castle last week which would have been beautiful if Louis hadnt destroyed it because he couldn't have it 😈 

Oh how lovely that you got to visit a castle - I'm quite jealous! Yes, King Loui the XIV was quite the... drama king? :rolleyes: Thank you for joining our project - I'm sure @Rekha will be delighted to have you as part of the Queen's Court.

Edited by pretty_thumb

@Mow I will quickly say welcome to the court and the project tomorrow I will welcome you on a more official capacity. My headache isn't quite going away so u am on my phone at the moment just doing quick responses.

@Kigyptnee that is a nifty idea and we may or may not have already talked about including others in the project at later dates you will just have to wait and see! Hehe! 

39 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

So my egg would be a Count? but bc it's from the queen it's a prince, right?

Any 2G offspring from the King and Queen are princes/princesses, so yes! When you breed your prince, his offspring will take up ranking according to its color.

-- 

Edit: 

A few updates have been added to the King's Court Hall. New members will now receive a personal greeting from King Florian under the "A Word from His Majesty" section. General updates, words of thanks, etc. will also be found here in the future. The section on francs has also been updated and from here on out will be referred to as the court's Treasury. Here you will be able to find a record of francs earned by each member, as well as the total of francs earned and the number needed to unlock the next reward. The breeding waitlists have been updated as well, with dates added (where I know them). :) Hopefully this update is concise and everything makes sense. The "Meet the King" section will be updated within the next day or two, once I have a bit more time to write.

Edited by pretty_thumb

10 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

Hmmm can't decide if I want a girl (precog'd) or a boy... 

Which Xeno type did you end up with? I always find myself thinking of certain ones as more masculine as others as more feminine. 

I just renamed all of my CB Xenos! I created a group for my French babies here. Some of them are place holders for names that I'd like to give my future Court Intrigue babies. 

I have a question about naming conventions: do the CB mates (through marriage) share the same titles as a 2nd gen from one of the original pairs? For example, the daughter of the King and Queen would be a Princess, so when she marries, will her mate be a Prince or will he retain the title dictated by his color? 

Also, is it compulsory to have a surname? 

10 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

I just renamed all of my CB Xenos! I created a group for my French babies here. Some of them are place holders for names that I'd like to give my future Court Intrigue babies. 

I have a question about naming conventions: do the CB mates (through marriage) share the same titles as a 2nd gen from one of the original pairs? For example, the daughter of the King and Queen would be a Princess, so when she marries, will her mate be a Prince or will he retain the title dictated by his color? 

Also, is it compulsory to have a surname? 

Eee, yay! I love all of those names so much! <3 Excellent job my dear!

It is not compulsory to have a surname. As for the CB mates, they will take on the prince/princess title when marrying a 2G from the King and Queen. So the hypothetical Princess would have a Prince for a mate. I kind of think of it as the male having been a Baron (or whatever) but then taking on a higher title once he marries.

Just now, pretty_thumb said:

Eee, yay! I love all of those names so much! <3 Excellent job my dear!

It is not compulsory to have a surname. As for the CB mates, they will take on the prince/princess title when marrying a 2G from the King and Queen. So the hypothetical Princess would have a Prince for a mate. I kind of think of it as the male having been a Baron (or whatever) but then taking on a higher title once he marries.

Ooh okay! That's what I thought, thanks so much for clarifying. (: Princess Caressa is currently a name placeholder; I hope that's okay! She will be the mate for my first egg, so I hope it's okay that I gave her an early promotion. If it isn't, I'll change her title. 

2 minutes ago, MinkishMinx said:

Ooh okay! That's what I thought, thanks so much for clarifying. (: Princess Caressa is currently a name placeholder; I hope that's okay! She will be the mate for my first egg, so I hope it's okay that I gave her an early promotion. If it isn't, I'll change her title. 

I have absolutely no issue with place holders, so long as @Rekha is also alright with it. I will probably be using a few myself ;) 

I'm not much of a lineage girl but even I can see how much thoughts and love you have poured into this project. Wow.

I hope it's okay if I leave a little gift for one of the courts here even if I'm not taking part in the project:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. But... where are its legs?

(I kept the right ones out uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this hatchling will be female.)

2 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

I'm not much of a lineage girl but even I can see how much thoughts and love you have poured into this project. Wow.

I hope it's okay if I leave a little gift for one of the courts here even if I'm not taking part in the project:

Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. But... where are its legs?

(I kept the right ones out uses the power of time magic to create an illusion of the future, revealing that this hatchling will be female.)

You're so kind to drop in and donate to the courts! Thank you very much for aiding us as we fully get our project started.

I'm not sure if she'll be going to the King's or the Queen's Court, but she's safely on my scroll and she'll be very much loved. 

4 hours ago, pretty_thumb said:

I love the name Telesphore!  Where are you finding such beautiful names? :wub: 

http://www.20000-names.com

A teacher reccomended it one year, and I've used it ever since. I've also been using it for the imperial harem lineage.