Mimmu

Multiple notifications

Hi~ I really hope this belongs here. Recently I've had multiple notifications coming to my mail from topics I follow. I've checked the "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community" box in settings and I still get notification from all the posts. Has this happened to anyone else and is there something I can do to fix it back to normal?

Thank you already :)

Same here. My inbox has been absolutely FLOODED with notifications. I have a solid wall of just dragon cave notices. 

Have you accidentally set threads to notify you every time someone posts ?

I don't think so. I can only change that from settings and it's checked there so that it should send only one notification.

17 minutes ago, Mimmu said:

I don't think so. I can only change that from settings and it's checked there so that it should send only one notification.

At the top of the according topic (any page of it), click the "Following" button to view and/or adjust your settings for that topic. Default is "when new content is posted" so maybe you didn't modify it for that topic?

notification settings per topic

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I can't edit it to send only one mail from there, only from settings following the "change how the notification is sent" . It used to work just fine just couple of weeks ago :unsure:

Click on your name at the top of the page, near the header. it will say manage followed content. and there may be some things in there that you follow, check to see what your options are with that.  I get insta emails with a few specific topics.

https://forums.dragcave.net/followed/

In same area, scroll down to settings, on right hand side there will be a notification settings

https://forums.dragcave.net/notifications/options/

Maybe that link will work for you.

Hopefully those will help.

I have already checked those but it still sends me notification mail every time someone posts in the topic I follow (I got about 20 mails today) :unsure: Should marking the "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community" stop that?

I do that on a tf forms that I visit. It will send me one email, then nothing until I go to that thread when it sends me more. I'd turn off all notifications if it bothers you.

It used to work like that for me but not anymore. For now I've stopped following some of the threads. Thank you for the help :)