Moonlight_Eevee

Vampire Bite Ratios Out of Whack?

So, I've been noticing a lot of people trying to bite their eggs lately but most of them end up dying. Very few are turning, especially with my dragons where as normally I would get a lot of successful bites having been dealing with failures. Are the ratios out of whack or something?

For me it's the exact opposite (although to be fair I only have two adult Vampires) both did EXACTLY as I wanted them to do last week and turned (an kicked) a misclick each . - I'm pretty sure it's just the usual RNG shenanigans ;)

No idea BUT I can say it does seem like i ,personally, had bad luck last i had my vampires bite eggs. Back when there was that olive wall I gave some to my vampies and the VAST majority ended up dying. You can check the bottom of my scroll...those dead olives? ALL failed vampire bites.

Edited by JavaTigress

I have a dragon that has 27 successful bites under her belt. She has been successfully biting and turning eggs months in a row, however, since September, she has only been able to bite and turn one egg.

3 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I have a dragon that has 27 successful bites under her belt. She has been successfully biting and turning eggs months in a row, however, since September, she has only been able to bite and turn one egg.

Interesting.

I had put it down to bad luck, but it is not just me, apparently.:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

So? You were incredibly lucky for a long time. Yes, incredibly lucky. Now, you had a bit of bad luck. That's not exactly abnormal, quite the contrary. With multiple use of RNG, things tend to even out towards their intended ratios.

My Vampires haven't turned an egg since October, even though I've been trying almost weekly. Maybe it is just a widespread streak of bad luck, but it's a pain. 

I just had my vampires give 8 eggs a go and got: 5 kills, 2 successful turns, and 1 repulse. Maybe that's a little high on the kill side, but I still feel like those are fairly reasonable results. 8 is a pretty small sample size though so I don't think I can really draw any conclusions about the behavior of all vampires based only on my results. I've definitely had periods where I get very lucky and periods where they kill every egg.

I had my last success roughly two weeks ago (repulse) and a kill today. But we've had those before.

I can't really claim to know how vampires work with ratios, but when Bite was implemented, there seemed to be a fixed success ratio of 2 successful turns : 1 turn with repulse : 1 kill.

A couple of years later, things seemed to change all of a sudden, and (at least for me), the chance for success dropped dramatically, while kills skyrocketed. Quite a while later, vampire bites resulted in fewer kills and more turns again. I guess that vampires got "real" population-based ratios instead of fixed success ratios for bite. It also seems like vampires are overpopulated right now, and the ratios need to even out again before kills become less common again. Things like that happen.

I haven't had a success in MONTHS. One repulse maybe at some point. But all others were kills. :V

And that's actually normal behavior for breeds based on the ratios. Sometimes, they're overpopulated, so success in finding them in the cave/breeding them/biting goes down, sometimes drastically. And at other times, the breed is underpopulated - and thus, much easier to get. We've had that with so many breeds, it's not even funny any more. Even with alts, there are times when they're noticeably more common than at other times. Right now, we're in a vampire draught. It'll blow over eventually. For some breeds, it might takes years for the ratios to even out, but I doubt it'll be that long for vamps.

it comes and goes. the RNG is sometimes kind and sometimes very cruel. I don't think there is a drought at the moment. I would kill for some vampire Beer though....