Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aalbiel

An old hand - A new leaf

My dear fellow Dragon Enthusiasts™

black-leaf-divider.png

As the title may suggest.... I've been away a while. To be quite specific I joined DC in early 2008 and left somewhere in 2010. Yep, 7 years, 7 and a half even... Been a while hasn't it? I was honestly a bit surprised the site is thriving the way it is, but more joy to everyone! About a month ago my best friend and I (best friend then and best friend now, she joined at the same time and kept going maybe a couple years longer than I did for IRL reasons) were having a nice little nostalgia trip, as you are wont to do when you're been friends for a very long time. DC came up. Honestly, all it took was about 10-15 minutes of reminiscing, very little pushing from either of us and a couple of *are you thinking what I'm thinking* looks and down the rabbit-hole we both went. Falling fast, falling hard.

So here I am, at it again though so many things have changed. *Waves cane around* You know kids, back in the day.... Lineages weren't a thing (and when they became one nobody much cared about them in the way they seem to have become a hUGE thing now), the Gold dragon was lumpy but we loved it anyways, Purple dragons were exclusively female (I'm pretty sure ???? I hope it's not just my imagination or just introducing a new dimorphism sprite...) and Bright Pinks were just that, Bright Pink. Some of my biggest adrenaline rushes was trying to trade dragons with someone.... With no Teleport action, you just had to manually generate an AP link and give it to someone and then (all this being obviously coordinated in an MSN video-conversation, live with the times) try to click abandon at the exact same time your friend clicks the link. Needless to say, there was opportunity for error there, and losing a goldie to some random stranger was the true meaning of heartbreak.

Up to 2010 all my dragons were corn-fed and home-raised on wholesome Forum Signature clicks and views, none of these new-fangled click sites !!! Just kidding, of course I was as happy as anyone to start using nurseries, I just find it pretty amusing and ironic that you can't post your eggs or hatchies on the DC forum of all places. I used to be so proud of showing off my babs. (That sounded bitter, it's really not.)

Anyway, I feel very much like a grandparent who, upon finding out about their grandchild's interest in R&B would enthusiastically shout out "Isn't that nice ! Things never change do they, you know when I was your age Rythm&Blues was already all the rage!"

black-leaf-divider.png

Hope you'll have me back,

Here's the old scroll

Hello and welcome back! I remember those days, I see we played at the same time! Everything's all new-fangled now, isn't it? Fancy breed-specific actions, so many more species, all species appear throughout separate biomes, the AP no longer blocks the cave-borns, I could go on and on...

Welcome back! Enjoy the DC!

I didn't played at that time but I can say there were a lot of change from 2013. So, I think it may feel like whole new game after 7 years hitaus XD 

Thanks ^_^

See I didn't even know the AP no longer blocks the cave drops so there's clearly a bunch of new things I still need to figure out !