ZeusFlyer

ANSWERED:Error Viewing Forest page

Starting last night the Forest page began showing me an error page, or RIP. All the other areas such as Desert and Jungle are showing up just fine. Is there maintenance going on there or is this something that could be going wrong?

Edited by ZeusFlyer

I am able to view the Forest without a problem.  I suspect this may be a cache issue if it's persisting for you.  Have you tried doing a hard refresh to force your computer to reload the page from scratch?

What do you mean by hard reset? Forcing my computer to turn off and then turning it back on? Or something else?

Try crtl + F5, that's what she means by hard reset

You'll have to forgive me as my experience with Macs is awful, but on most Windows machines, the keyboard command to refresh a page is F5.  Holding Ctrl + F5 will do what's called a "hard refresh", which tells your computer to download the entire thing over again without using anything it's downloaded previously.

Internet browsers have a cache of files that they've already downloaded, and they'll try to reuse them if you're viewing a web page more than once.  That way you don't have to download it again, and it runs faster.  However, if it didn't load the page properly the first time, you'll want to have it start over.

A hard refresh clears out your browser's cache of that page.