jostensminyard

ANSWERED:IOU ?

I’ve seen people use ‘IOU’ in the trading thread and I’m wondering, what does it mean when it comes to dragcave and dragons ? Idk if anyone else has asked the same thing, so sorry in advance.

That means that they don't have the dragon to trade now, but they will get it later.  IOU = I owe you.

IOUs are not allowed to be publicly advertised in trading threads, however.  There is no way for mods to enforce them as they are outside of game mechanics.

2 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

That means that they don't have the dragon to trade now, but they will get it later.  IOU = I owe you.

IOUs are not allowed to be publicly advertised in trading threads, however.  There is no way for mods to enforce them as they are outside of game mechanics.

Oooh, that makes sense. Thank you so much for the explanation, I appreciate it

And I probably worded it wrong, but in the signature (it looks like the siganture) some mention IOUS and such

After discussion among mods for how to handle it (IOUs were widespread and we were getting tons of complaints about unfulfilled IOUs), we decided it is okay in signatures and profiles.  However, you can't say in an actual post that you will have an IOU of something for trade.

So, saying something like this is no good:

HAVE:  IOU of (insert dragon here) or (actual dragon)

WANT: (dragon) or IOU of (dragon)

However, you are allowed to say that you accept IOUs in your signature.

Hopefully that makes sense - it is a bit of a convoluted mess.  Just be advised that IOU trading is outside of the parameters of the game, and there is nothing staff can do to enforce them.

Edited by LadyLyzar

7 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

After discussion among mods for how to handle it (IOUs were widespread and we were getting tons of complaints about unfulfilled IOUs), we decided it is okay in signatures and profiles.  However, you can't say in an actual post that you will have an IOU of something for trade.

So, saying something like this is no good:

HAVE:  IOU of (insert dragon here) or (actual dragon)

WANT: (dragon) or IOU of (dragon)

However, you are allowed to say that you accept IOUs in your signature.

Hopefully that makes sense - it is a bit of a convoluted mess.  Just be advised that IOU trading is outside of the parameters of the game, and there is nothing staff can do to enforce them.

Wow, that sure does sound messy, but it sounds like a middle way was found, as a way of trying to appeal to everyone as much as possible. Thank you for the answer, you’ve been a great help ! But don’t worry, I don’t think I’m gonna post anything about it. Was just curious about what it meant and I’m glad you gave me the background info on it 

You're welcome - it's what I'm here for.

Let me know if you have any further questions!