Jazeki

Separate Holiday AP During Holiday Season

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It would need to be without any priority for holiday eggs then though.

Yeah, that would be something TJ would decide.

57 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I agree @olympe and am inclined to lean towards it being available until the last Halloween breed egg hatches, but it really comes down to TJ deciding how long the extra AP would last. I think it would be at 00:00 November 1 and then everything else would go back to the regular AP.

Why? That's a mere second after the last Halloween eggs have been bred... Considering the holiday wall lasts much longer, especially for Halloween, that's too early.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

Why? That's a mere second after the last Halloween eggs have been bred... Considering the holiday wall lasts much longer, especially for Halloween, that's too early.

Because that's when TJ makes the holiday biome disappear. Honestly, I don't care how long the AP lasts, but at the end of the day, it's his call.

I have a suggestion which is different from the main topic, yet still related. Last year we were given a rare treat when we got a holiday cave to hunt CB's of past holiday breeds, but there's no guarantee that'll happen again, whether this year or in the future. My suggestion is, what if Holiday dragons become available on the market for the Holiday breeding week? That way, those who have saved up enough can buy the holiday dragons they were missing? Obviously we only get two CB Christmas and Valentine's Day, but  Halloween is limitless. :)

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I have a suggestion which is different from the main topic, yet still related. Last year we were given a rare treat when we got a holiday cave to hunt CB's of past holiday breeds, but there's no guarantee that'll happen again, whether this year or in the future. My suggestion is, what if Holiday dragons become available on the market for the Holiday breeding week? That way, those who have saved up enough can buy the holiday dragons they were missing? Obviously we only get two CB Christmas and Valentine's Day, but  Halloween is limitless. :)

Technically we don't know that isn't already going to happen... Halloween will be the first cave-holiday since the Market was introduced. Apparently the Market is meant to be a supplement, but not replacement, for cave-hunting, which is why hybrids and such aren't there... Halloweens can be found in the cave, or at least they could last year and each year when the specific breed is new, so it would make sense for them to be available in the Market. 

I would be okay with Market holidays if they were cheap, but only if the biome came back too. I'd like a choice of where I can get my holidays (chance the biome against thousands of others or use shards for guaranteed) rather being forced into a situation where "oh no, do I keep saving for Gold? or try to get the holidays I missed last year?" That would be very frustrating.

But for all we know, the holiday biome was a precursor the Market holidays. We won't know until 'ween week hits.

15 hours ago, animatedrose said:

I would be okay with Market holidays if they were cheap, but only if the biome came back too. I'd like a choice of where I can get my holidays (chance the biome against thousands of others or use shards for guaranteed) rather being forced into a situation where "oh no, do I keep saving for Gold? or try to get the holidays I missed last year?" That would be very frustrating.

You just voiced my concerns with that idea.

Of course, having them on the market would be lovely, especially for people who won't have time to hunt them and/or don't know what to do with their shards. But if they were ONLY on the market? Yeah, no. Even for 100 shards, for people who have to get up to date for like, 4 Holidays and want at least a male and a female (for Halloween dragons), that's 800 shards. That's nearly 2 months of saving. Repeat that for the two upcoming holidays, you barely have time to save up for the next one. How can you save for Gold/Silver/any other goal if you keep spending them to have CB Holidays?

I get that it would be better than before the special biome was introduced, because back then there was ZERO possibilities to catch a CB holiday you missed. But now that the special biome happened once, and we know how it worked... taking it away from us would be cruel. And making us pay for Halloween breeds without the possibility to catch them on the cave... yeah, no. As people say, the Market's not  a replacement for the cave!  

Guys, please make the holidays in market a separate suggestion. The whole reason I made this thread was because the other topics were bleeding into each other. People can't properly support if the suggestion doesn't show up until page 3 of this thread.

Edited by Jazeki

@Syiren Why is making holidays available on the market being discussed here?  XD  Seems way off topic to me.

Getting things back on topic, I still strongly support this suggestion.  I'm wondering if making it an extension of the AP might be easier, like you go to the AP and see all the Halloween eggs and at the bottom of the page, in blue text, it says 'Sort by time remaining' or maybe 'Looking for something less festive? Lol)' or 'Seach a different part of the cave', where Holiday eggs would be mixed together with normal eggs, sorted by their actual ToD.  I wonder if that would be a more viable option since it wouldn't require too much extra coding to sort all eggs the same.  That link would disappear after the event is over or something.  That wouldn't technically be a separate AP and it would allow people to see what other dragons might be available.  It would also be less intrusive in the main page.  It would also make more sense lore wise since I don't see how Holiday  eggs would take precedence over regular eggs in the AP in a normal situation.

I support this as well.  It's nearly impossible to pick up regular breeds during the holiday rush as more and more varieties of Holiday dragons come out, and it's already been shown that it can be done with the Halloween Biome from last year (at least, I would assume).  

I'm still in support of this, too. We have a Holidays biome - why not a Holidays AP (with the regular AP showing regular, non-holiday eggs)?

This makes a lot of sense to me. We do have regular eggs that die behind the walls of holiday eggs. Meanwhile there are people who would love to pick up regular eggs rather than only holiday eggs from the AP. So it seems like win, win!

Yeah, I support this idea, as much as I like the holiday dragons, they really do clog the AP with bred eggs, so a separate page that appears during the associated holidays just like Holidays page in the caves would be amazing.

This seems like a really good idea to me. It will help out people who want to hunt for regular AP eggs and won't take anything away from people who like hunting through the holiday wall. It will also be a balanced counterpart to the Holiday Biome.

As for how long it will last, I would think it should last for as long as there are any holiday eggs. If that's too arbitrary then I think one week after the end of the breeding period would be reasonable.

Peeking in to say again how much I support this! This holiday season is the first where I'm actually legit bored with the holiday AP. I have my scroll-goals of most older holiday breeds, the newer ones are fairly rare in the AP yet (and messies even more rare), I've really just been grabbing some messies to freeze for lack of anything better to do. It would be so so wonderful to be able to play the 'regular' game, hunt the regular non-holiday AP the way I normally do.

Yeah, 2 whole days of forced holidayfication *after* the holiday is over is not fun. I can't cave hunt, I can't ap hunt, and I've already put all my non-holiday projects on cooldown when I bred them beforehand because I had no time during the holiday week to hunt for non-holiday things. All I can do gameplay-wise is grab a couple of new holidays and throw them into the AP to waste my slots.

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 1/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jazeki said:

Since all of our suggestions tend to bleed over into each other and drown out the focus of each thread, here's an official thread for this suggestion.  Implement an entirely separate AP for holiday-only breeds during Christmas, Halloween, and Valentine's Day.  This way users can choose to hunt for only holidays or only regular breeds as they choose and there won't be a "holiday wall problem."