bandaidstealer

What do you think is the best BSA?

What do you think is the best BSA?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm surprised how few votes teleport has. For me it was an absolute game-changer, because it meant I felt confident to start trading. Before teleport I didn't trade, because the AP method was too risky and too much of a hassle (for me). Influence comes second, because misgendering is just annoying, and fertility third, because refusals are also annoying, but both of those don't have nearly as much impact on my game as teleport.

I'm not a huge trader, though I have been doing it more often the past few months... I didn't really mind the risky AP-trading method, and I was among those who were a little wary of Teleport when it was first introduced. I love it now, but it can't even compare to Incubate for me. 

Like @Dorchet, this list makes me realize how many BSAs  I really don't use. I have never used Expunge, I think I've only used Stun and Ward like once each, I *never* risk Earthquake, I don't use Fertility unless I'm breeding for someone else, I rarely breed my Celestials so don't use Corporealize often... Precognition can be helpful sometimes because I have a somewhat-limited number of Pinks so I don't usually use Influence unless I have to. Of course Summon is awesome but I very rarely actually remember to do it.

Influence. While teleport is wonderful for trading/gifting, being able to make sure you get the correct gender of an important dragon for me, is the best BSA. And incubate is wonderful as well (Especially for someone like me who happens to be impatient lol) but I vote influence.

I don't actually use most other BSA's. I always forget to use Fertility. I rarely Bite. I'd use Precog more but, I only have 4 Aeons.. Never used Earthquake, Expunge, Stun or Ward. I stopped using Splash once I got the badge for it. Only used Enrage twice, won't be using Pacify. Don't breed my Celestials often. And I've got all my GoNs and will only be summoning 4 Sinomorphs.

I voted Influence but I think that might mostly be due to historical bias. With the tweak I will eventually switch toward Fertility. Yes Influence is great against mis-gender and I use it on almost every egg (like Incubate because I'm impatient) but while I can rebreed a misgender in most cases, refusals are irreversible so yes I do also use Fertility on almost all first time breedings.

As someone who doesn't trade all that much anymore - and mostly gifts via mass-AP'ing, Teleport is nice but not life-changing. Stun has been useful for gifting a few times, Ward came in handy during view-bombing attempts. 

Precog is great but I have far to few Aeons to use it as often as I'd like.

Bite has been useful in an unintended way a couple of times by making me able to kick CB misclicks early.

Splash is fun :D (but hardly useful)

Summon was a PEST  with GoNs and I'm glad I've finished that chore. (The BSA is cool buit the chances were so frustrating) - which is prolly why I'll never feel motivated to hoard Zyus.

Enrage/Pacify is a cool gimmick but I only use Enrage once on a dragon if it's necessary for lineage reasons.

Corporealize is cool lorewise but feels more like busy-work when you try to breed those guys.

Expunge is not for me but I'm glad it exists as an option (and is cool lorewise once again).

Absolutely useless and I will never try this again is Earthquake - it feels like a trap for the unwary player more than anything.

1. Influence followed by 2. teleport.  Influence takes much of the uncertainty out of which gender a dragon will be.  I wouldn't be able to do half of what I do without it.  But teleport has made my life so much easier and more pleasurable in trades.  I remember having to coordinate drop times and lineage codes to get and egg or hatchie you wanted before.  It was a hassle and tedious.  The time zones and daily schedules sometimes made it so that you couldn't get a trade you wanted.  Now, I can just post what I want and look over the offers.  So much less stressful and reliable.  3. Incubate is wonderful because it cuts down on the time that I have an egg slot being taken up.  This is not as much an issue since the number of slots increases with the total number of dragons.

Influence hands down. Knowing my luck my scroll would probably be twice as long as now if I had to hope on the coinflip for every single dragon.

Teleport, because if only one BSA existed i'd want it to be teleport.

Influence and incubate are good but incubate only gives a day's worth of time and influence (while incredibly useful) just doesn't beat out trading.

Edited by blockEdragon

!  Influence

2  Incubate

3 teleport

It's a toss up for me between influence and incubate. Incubate because I'm impatient, yes, but I suppose it's not essential. Influence these days (now that I'm much closer to my scroll goals) is absolutely crucial. 

i voted for influence for the sake of lineages/lineage building (it's hard enough to get the right color for some species; to finally get the egg you need and then helplessly watch it gender against lineage is heartbreakingly frustrating). but if i'd been able to vote for two, i would have voted for teleport. not a big trader but i love giving things away. :D

I am torn between influence and fertility.  Being able to influence for the correct gender to continue a lineage is super important... but fertility... how frustrating would it be if you were on the 4th or 5th gen of a linage and you had no fertility and the dragons refused to go near each other?  That would be just as frustrating as gendering wrong, I think.  So for me, I think it probably comes down to one of those as the best and most important.

I submitted teleport... but I forgot about influence. The two are pretty close together in importance...

Influence by far reduces the most frustration. Incubate's good for when you're trying to raise a lot of eggs, but not necessary. Fertility's good for refusal-proofing your pairs but the risk of refusal is far less than the 50/50 of misgendering (though you can breed another egg if it misgenders, and we still can't get around refusal...). I'm surprised so many people chose Incubate, Influence and Fertility are clearly more obligatory IMO since Incubate doesn't prevent anything bad, just gives you a speed boost.

Teleport is vital to DC's trading economy but I don't trade much.