angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Don’t reduce holiday clutch sizes

My problem with this is TJ's reasoning;

So if the event biomes mean multi-clutching no longer needs to serve the original purpose of making it easier to gather and catch up on event dragons, I'd rather just reduce (i.e. less chance of more eggs) or remove them entirely. I've already considered this separately, given how many event eggs tend to flood the AP—probably leaning more towards reducing.

The event biomes do not solve the problem of needing the help/eggs from other people to make lineages, because 2/3 holidays have hard limits of 2 per breed placed on them. Until that's no longer true, that reasoning is not going to work in my eyes.

While we do need to do something about non-holidays dying behind a wall, a row of non-holiday eggs would do that job just fine (or as some have said- two APs), and I don't think we need to reduce the amount of holidays bred.

Support.

I saw that idea in some other threads and i will support it to 100%.

I dont care if it is a whole seperated site for holidays or just adding a line for non-holidays only in the AP, both ideas are good and we need to stop having eggs die behind a chinese wall made out of Holiday Eggs in the AP.

EDIT: Lol, so many threads with the same topic, its confusing

Edited by Yubelchen

I love the holiday AP walls, and the longer they last the better. There's never too many eggs of a lineage that only produces once a year...

--> Please don't reduce the clutch sizes.

I could support a slight lowering (max 4 to max 3 like previously mentioned) if and only if all holiday CB limits are removed (or at least raised) and the Holiday biome is permanent. But right now I really don't think we have enough information about how these new CBs will impact holiday breeding, abandoning, and AP hunting to make changes. I really think we need to wait at least a couple years to see how things balance out over time and how the userbase adjusts to the new CBs. Holidays only breed true once a year so I feel we should tread carefully before stripping down the amount of available eggs.

Halloween is probably going to be crazy again but I'd rather see how it plays out before we start preemptively limiting things. No one had any idea that Halloween CBs were going to return last year so people were completely unprepared for it. When Christmas came along people guessed it would happen and adjusted their breeding. I think a lot of people will keep adjusting as we get used to all having CBs and plentiful G2s to make interesting lineages with.

Edited by Bison

Please don't reduce multiclutches. With only CBs per breed per scroll currently with Christmases and Valentines, it's nearly impossible to find decent 2Gs. It's even more of a problem with Snow Angels, due to their wing variants. Sure, the AP has been clogged by messy eggs that no one wants a few times, but they always get picked up sooner or later. The AP has never (in my experience) been frozen like that for more than a few hours during the holidays.

Also, this is our only opportunity to grab those holiday eggs all year. What's the harm in having more to go around?

Edited by The Dragoness

Support this--it would have more sense before the event biomes!  Next year should be spectacular with lots of second gens folks can grab for lineages!  And I love grabbing messy ones and freezing them, anyway--love messy frozen hatchlings--

I do not think multiclutches for Holiday dragons should be removed or reduced unless they are able to breed true all year.  Part of the purpose of Holiday multiclutching is to share a limited resource with others.

2 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

The event biomes do not solve the problem of needing the help/eggs from other people to make lineages, because 2/3 holidays have hard limits of 2 per breed placed on them. Until that's no longer true, that reasoning is not going to work in my eyes.

Agreed! The highest holiday checker lineage you can get using only your own dragons, without inbreeding, is gen 3 for Christmas and Valentines. So TJ's reasoning does not really hold up, since I believe most of us want to build to at least gen 4 or 5, if not higher.

23 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Agreed! The highest holiday checker lineage you can get using only your own dragons, without inbreeding, is gen 3 for Christmas and Valentines. So TJ's reasoning does not really hold up, since I believe most of us want to build to at least gen 4 or 5, if not higher.

THIS :)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aKOzJ

I'm not done.

+1 Support for this.

This past holiday I bred nothing but my hollies, because I saw how the holiday wall was growing.

I barely bred any of my dragons on Christmas due to a predicted wall, so yeah: I support adding a line of non-holidays or having two APs, but not reducing the number from multiclutches.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

THIS :)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aKOzJ

I'm not done.

Personally I was pretty proud to breed him in 2016 - and I got most (all?) of the 3/4G Hollies from the AP - was just lucky they were all unrelated and I could find mates for them all!  And when my 3G GoldxMistletoe hatchie grows up, he has a mate waiting already and their baby (they better not refuse!) has a mate waiting too - roll on 5G!  :)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

A breed that only breeds true once a year should be capable of making a full clutch of eggs, not getting reduced. I already had many of my Christmas dragons produce only two eggs last year. Leave the Holiday breeding as is.

Edited by Dorchet

+1 support from me.
I don't mind the holiday wall in AP, especially that's a few-weeks-once-a-year thingy, right? I just love to hunt in the AP for pretty lineages (and constantly egg-locking my scroll with them) to the very last moment, when they're all gone.

Please no on reducing holiday clutch size.  I think the user base will adjust their breeding as time goes by.  Believe it was Halloween '16 we had such a terrific holiday wall eggs were getting too low time to influence.  So last year I cut back on breeding and made sure any checkers that needed to be properly influenced were bred earlier in the week in '17.  I will confess life last Halloween was rather crazy for me and I didn't have time for much breeding but I certainly didn't want to see a repeat of my babies gendering wrong for their checkers.  With the addition last Halloween of the cb biome I would have cut back anyway even if I had more time to play.

This Christmas I was surprised how soon the holiday wall ended.  I think many did adjust their breeding already.  What is really needed is some separation of holiday and normal eggs in the AP.  Whether a line of normal eggs in the one AP or create a separate AP for holiday eggs.  Either would get the job done and I'm not a coder to know what is more feasible.

Okay, so like, we don't need a panic thread because I mentioned having a thought about something.

Any discussion should stay in the already existing relevant thread anyways.